• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Rum

When Will Cm11 Stable Be Ready?

7 posts in this topic

After KitKat be released, we are waiting for the release of CM11 stable. But it has passed more than 2 months, and still nothing happened. Can someone tell me when cm11 stable will be ready?

Sorry, I can't tell you. I just wanted to add my two cents that, while I like some of the features of CM, it does take a rather long time. Seeing as I'm not in a position to help build CM11, I'd be willing to pay those who do.

It's really up to the device maintainers to determine if a device is ready to get a build that's marked as stable. So the release date of a stable CM11 is going to be different for different devices.

Does anyone know where I can post bugs I am finding in the nightlies? E.g., as of about Feb 2 or 3, I lost the ability to add new Contacts (I get the Contacts has stopped working and the app crashes) - contacts won't sync either. There are other bugs too; bugs that need to be fixed before it should be considered stable. I tried posting some bugs in the CyanogenMod forums at cyanogenmod.org but am not sure if that's the right place to do so (if there is a place at all!)

There is no place to officially report bugs on nightlies. It's simply too volatile a target. You may be seeing a real problem in the code, a mistake someone made while merging, or a transitory state that has to do with big messy changes in the codebase that necessarily involve some breakage. It's just a build of whatever happens to be in the source tree at midnight.

If you're interested in reporting bugs, please track a stable build. You won't get the latest features, but you will be able to report bugs and help improve the stability of the next stable release.

group7access likes this