• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
thumi69

Update From Cm10.2 To Cm11 Possible With Builtin Update Tool?

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

since some days I see CM11 nightlies in my CM10.2 updater. But when I try to install them I'm getting error and a reboot loop where I always boot into recovery system.

So should this work this way? If not it should not show CM11 updates when CM10.2 is running, right?

thx

Stephan

Hi,

since some days I see CM11 nightlies in my CM10.2 updater. But when I try to install them I'm getting error and a reboot loop where I always boot into recovery system.

So should this work this way? If not it should not show CM11 updates when CM10.2 is running, right?

thx

Stephan

Hi I've just updated my Galaxy S3 from 10.2 to 11nightlies with no problems using the built in updater. I believe you have to have the latest CWM version and flash the latest 4.4 Gapps too.

Edited by hauntedpenguin

Hi I've just updated my Galaxy S3 from 10.2 to 11nightlies with no problems using the built in updater. I believe you have to have the latest CWM version and flash the latest 4.4 Gapps too.

Are there any major bugs that you've seen? I haven't tried cm11 yet, I'm on cm10.2 stable, but I've heard of problems such as mute doesn't work on phone call, swiping on AOSP keyboard crashes, front camera causes reboot, and external SD card problems.

i am wondering the very same question, i have the latest cm 10.2 nightly before cm 11 also the latest CW recovery

havent dared to upgrade to cm 11 using the built in updater

I'm running the cm 11 with no problems at all so far. Seems to be faster then before. I like it

Also facing problems updating to CM11. I first downloaded through Rom Manager and faced a status 7 during installation. I updated to the latest CMW recovery through ROM Manager (6.0.4.3) but the update doesn't seem to be working. In ROM manager it sais that the latest recovery is installed, but when i reboot the device into recovery the version sais 6.0.3.7.

Is this the root of my problems? Any idea why the CMW update through Rom Manager doesn't work? Any1 got manual update procedure handy?

Is this the root of my problems? Any idea why the CMW update through Rom Manager doesn't work? Any1 got manual update procedure handy?

The only thing you need to remember is to update your CWM recovery before updating.

If you forgot like me and got a Status 7, update CWM recovery for d2att found here via heimdall, and try again. Mine got stuck in a loop while booting after the Status 7 error.

Somebody should update the link for CWM recovery to the newest version on the wiki.

Make sure that you are using the latest CWM recovery (6.0.4.3 +), if not you will see a “set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed”.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/install-unofficial-cm11-beta-android-44-kit-kat-att-galaxy-s3-sghi747/#ixzz2n3tBwh39

The only thing you need to remember is to update your CWM recovery before updating.

If you forgot like me and got a Status 7, update CWM recovery for d2att found here via heimdall, and try again. Mine got stuck in a loop while booting after the Status 7 error.

Somebody should update the link for CWM recovery to the newest version on the wiki.

so if i have CW recovery 6.0.4.3 and cm 10.2 i just clear cache dalvik cache flash cm 11 and then gapps?

Thanks! It was indeed my CMW version... I'm a little hesitant to use console based tools. I was able to find a flashable zip here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2152769&page=3. Just place the file in a folder on the device and install from your current CMW recovery.

I performed a full data wipe/factory reset before flashing to CM11. Make sure to download and install the latest gapps for 4.4 as well. Got mine here http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Thanks! It was indeed my CMW version... I'm a little hesitant to use console based tools. I was able to find a flashable zip here: http://forum.xda-dev...=2152769&page=3. Just place the file in a folder on the device and install from your current CMW recovery.

I performed a full data wipe/factory reset before flashing to CM11. Make sure to download and install the latest gapps for 4.4 as well. Got mine here http://goo.im/devs/p...roid/roms/gapps

Is it necessary full data wipe/factory reset to upgrade from 10.2 to 11? I don't want delete all :(

Is it necessary full data wipe/factory reset to upgrade from 10.2 to 11? I don't want delete all :(

I have the same question?

Also facing problems updating to CM11. I first downloaded through Rom Manager and faced a status 7 during installation. I updated to the latest CMW recovery through ROM Manager (6.0.4.3) but the update doesn't seem to be working. In ROM manager it sais that the latest recovery is installed, but when i reboot the device into recovery the version sais 6.0.3.7.

Hi guys, this is my first posting here so please forgive me if im not the most articulate!

I am having awful problems updating my i9300 to the 6.0.4.3 from 5.5.3.2. all i seem to get are errors everywhere. i have used the links here but when i try to update to 6.0.4.3 i get a message stating that it does not appear to be a valid archive etc.

thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Also i see this response: "Thanks! It was indeed my CMW version... I'm a little hesitant to use console based tools. I was able to find a flashable zip here: http://forum.xda-dev...=2152769&page=3. Just place the file in a folder on the device and install from your current CMW recovery" im not sure if im doing something wrong here but i get the message from my device stating "an error occurred while flashing your recovery"

thanks again

Edited by biggboppa77

Is your file a zip file or an img file? If img then you have to install the recovery via haimdal.

Bump.

Is it necessary full data wipe/factory reset to upgrade from 10.2 to 11? I don't want delete all

Bump.

Is it necessary full data wipe/factory reset to upgrade from 10.2 to 11? I don't want delete all

no i didnt, i just made sure i had the latest twrp version and installed through the cm updater. then flashed the 4.4 gapps

in your case, the latest cwm

Edited by vincentlu