enkioferidu

Cm 11 Experimental 20131207 Report

27 posts in this topic

Personally I like it thus far. I have better service (3g actually works and shows 3g by bars) lte works, no issues with screen rotation. Had an issue initially with wifi... it would attempt to connect then cycle through and say it was a bad connection... I was 5ft from my router... rebooted a few times and it works fine now. my only issue seems to be I can't (or don't know how) set my wallpaper at center... its off to the side... kinda weird but I can live with it or will find a work around... I use 8sms... but I can't seem to send mms... could be my service, in my house i get terrible service regardless of phone... I'll report back later when I get into better service. Thanks guys so far so good, seems stable to me so far.

drca001 likes this

Well... Had to reboot to get WiFi to reconnect to my home network after leaving and coming bavk within range of it... Only issue so far.

Personally I like it thus far. I have better service (3g actually works and shows 3g by bars) lte works, no issues with screen rotation. Had an issue initially with wifi... it would attempt to connect then cycle through and say it was a bad connection... I was 5ft from my router... rebooted a few

times and it works fine now. my only issue seems to be I can't (or don't know how) set my wallpaper at center... its off to the side... kinda weird but I can live with it or will find a work around... I use 8sms... but I can't sem to send mms... could be my service, in my house i get terrible service regardless of phone... I'll report back later when I get into better service. Thanks guys so far so good, seems stable to me so far.

Hola amigo, tenes que reiniciar nada mas. Anda lo mas bien, saludos.

Enviado desde mi XT910 mediante Tapatalk

Not sure what you said there... I only speak English... Lol sorry

Edit... Did a Google translate.... Everything is running fine as of this morning.... No issues with WiFi. But it seems according to the recent blog there won't be updates to this version of the mod for spyder? If so why make a test ROM.... I like it so far and would prefer to use the most up to date as possible.

Edited by enkioferidu

Which version of gapps are you downloading and using with this? I've downloaded a couple which I've read should work but get a status 6 error in safestrap when trying to install.

Personally I like it thus far. I have better service (3g actually works and shows 3g by bars) lte works, no issues with screen rotation. Had an issue initially with wifi... it would attempt to connect then cycle through and say it was a bad connection... I was 5ft from my router... rebooted a few times and it works fine now. my only issue seems to be I can't (or don't know how) set my wallpaper at center... its off to the side... kinda weird but I can live with it or will find a work around... I use 8sms... but I can't seem to send mms... could be my service, in my house i get terrible service regardless of phone... I'll report back later when I get into better service. Thanks guys so far so good, seems stable to me so far.

Some on xda saids to copy APN from stock and restore it with the APN restore app. You got to do a little hack by making the app a system file and the move it from app to the private app folder in system folder. That's what I did and its fixed.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Sorry, wrong topic....

Edited by TheWitness

Install APN backup and restore on your stock system and make it a system app. Disable ICS check in app. Backup apns. Switch to your 4.4 ROM and install same app only move it to the priv-app folder in the system directory. Again disable ICS check and restore the backup you made.

From xda

Well I haven't had the issue again? weird... I like this rom... so are we to not expect updates with this rom for this device?

Edit: forgot to answer you... I'm using PAgapps for 4.4 seem to work OK.

Edited by enkioferidu

Why make a test version if were never go beyond it.... Not comaining though it is working great for me ATM.

It needs maintainers but I think things might be in the works.. (I hope)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well... Had to reboot to get WiFi to reconnect to my home network after leaving and coming bavk within range of it... Only issue so far.

Toggle airplane mode on off. Should find and reconnect.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

I hope this keeps up. I enjoy knowing I have the latest OS. if I knew more about coding I'd help out lol.

1st aND 4most, i think its pretty ill that devs are still supporting older phones like the xt912...this rom is nice...job well done....with the exception of a few minor glitches which i know will be corrected when the finalized version is out...this one is pretty stable (cm-11- 20131207-experimental spyder) thus far...i safestrapped to rom 1 (latest safestrap) and it worked no problem...my only findings so far is that the camera doesn't have the options to adjust 1080 or 720 like the stock rom and theres no option to set pictures that are taken , to save in the external memory card ...outside of that, mms worked, but i did get a few errors afterwards where it kept closing out my msgr and displaying msg "unfortunately, the process com.android has stopped working"

i also had a problem flashing the g apps "gapps-kk 20131118 -" i;m about to try the latest one (gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata) from dhack that was upped earlier today and report my findings...salute to cyanogen you guys are sharp *tips hat*

just a quick update...the later gapps version i flashed worked without a problem..the only thing i tleft me wondering is which apps were altered or fixed? i really didnt notice anything wrong with the gapps b4 doing this,.,.,anybody wanna shed the light?

Where can one download the experimental version? Don't seem to find it...

EDIT: NVM - found it. Setting up a slot now, thanks fellas...

Edited by Ferrett

CM 11

http://download.cyan.../?device=spyder

It's not at the top - look for cm-11

GApps for CM 11

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

*** WARNING!!! - I've had issues w/ gapps-kk-20131208.zip downloaded from the link provided on the wiki - md5 sum matches up just fine after I've downloaded, but installation has failed on me twice.

This is from a thread in xda-developers:

http://androidhostin...hacker29/omap4/

gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata.zip has a matching file size to the file downloaded through the wiki but a different md5 sum, and has worked fine for me.

This is also the first place that I got cm11, before cm had it available on their own site :)

Edited by gotmikhail

Thanks heaps

gotmikhail

Really appreciate the effort. Have this ROM working just fine for everything I do with the xt912. :)

Wonder if anyone is working on Nightlies for this ROM...

Except for an occasional WiFi glitch,(sometimes not connecting to already setup hotspots) it does seem to be working ok.

Actually - the Gummy version works even better. Google didn't restore all my apps but all set now...

http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/omap4/Gummy-2.1-12-08-13-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip

Edited by Ferrett