Viralblack

The State of the Galaxy

119 posts in this topic

This thread will provide you with all the necessary information about the Samsung Galaxy S and its American counterparts; SGS Vibrant, Captivate, Epic, Facinate. It will be updated as information is released that is relevant to the SGS line and CyanogenMod.

First, an explination about which devices will be released for and how the process works. Currently all SGS devices are planned for development. This means that as the devs port one, they will begin work to port the next, so on and so forth. What this means is that while some devices are being ported first it doesnt mean that other devices are favored over others for support. All devices will be in turn (at this time) developed for.

So far, The development for the series is as follows with listings of their current maintainer.

SGS Vibrant - TheDudesAndroid

Release Candidate Zero - http://twitpic.com/30etr1 http://twitpic.com/30etlg http://twitpic.com/30ewun

SGS Epic - noobnl

2.2.1 Kernel in development. Booting 2.1 image alpha.

SGS Captivate - TBA

TouchWiz 2.2 Leaked, No CyanogenMod Alpha

SGS Facinate - TBA

No CyanogenMod Alpha

SGS i9000 - TBA

2.2 Kernel Sourced, No CyanogenMod Alpha.

(Updated as of 10.14.2010)

Current Important Information -

i9000 source code was finally acquired, big news for all CM fans as this means a 2.2.1 kernel will be in the works. This is a major step forwards for the entire line and we should see some wonderful updates coming.

The wiki will be updated this week with information that has been contained within a vast number of posts, between unbricking your SGS device to flashing and updates, all will be covered in the wiki.

Check back for changes as the development progresses :)

Edited by Viralblack
golmar88, Rido, Caticorn and 1 other like this

Ha! I like that banner Viral! Youre welcome!!!!!

Thanks for the update Viral. I am eagerly awaiting CM on my phone. You guys are amazing.

*sniff* no Captivate? (I know T-Mobile blah blah blah) Great work as usual with keeping the masses updated Viralblack.

if someone sends me a capti, I'll start working on it. :)

I thought read that koush was to head up the captivate port once CM was released.

I thought read that koush was to head up the captivate port once CM was released.

As of this moment I have not yet heard of progress made on the captivate beyond the 2.2 leak that was posted on XDA. Doesnt necessarily mean that there isnt ANY progress, but nothing open.

nothing for the international ver? even though the source leak is from i9000?

nothing for the international ver? even though the source leak is from i9000?

give it some time. you can't expect a working rom 2 day's after the source has been released ... we will all get cm6 in the near future. it's nice to have something like that to look forward to :)

Samsung began releasing official 2.2 internationally today. Now who's gonna be first for the US phones, Samsung, or CM6? My money is on CM. It's all downhill from here :D

if someone sends me a capti, I'll start working on it. :)

I'll trade ya for the time being

SGS i9000 - TBA

2.2 Kernel Sourced, No CyanogenMod Alpha.

i9000 source code was finally acquired, big news for all CM fans as this means a 2.2.1 kernel will be in the works. This is a major step forwards for the entire line and we should see some wonderful updates coming.

Hi,

I'm new on Cyanogen(mod), I very interested by this project for my Galaxy S i9000!

So thanks for your work!

I wait for your mod impatiently!

I wait for your mod impatiently!

back of the line buddy! ;)

I miss CM so much I put my SIM back into the G1 for a few hours last weekend.

Edited by Azimuth

back of the line buddy! ;)

I miss CM so much I put my SIM back into the G1 for a few hours last weekend.

I haven't put my SIM back into my G1 since I got my Vibrant, but I still keep my G1 around and on the latest version of CM. I just called T-Mobile today to get an unlock code for the old girl so my friend who is on AT&T could use it temporarily. He's brought his phone in for service three times and is currently stuck on an old backup dumbphone.

As far as I know the are new firmware updates (JPM and JP6) from Samsung with froyo but they still have problems. I regret buying this phone and Samsung keeps beeing a dissapointment. I still don`t get it how many bugs this phone has. I hope CM is going to eliminate many of these bugs. You can count me too as donator if this thing works...Thanks for your effort.

Hi everyone.

My name is Pedro Brown and this is my first post.

I live in Brazil and just bought a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000B.

The brazillian version is slightly different from the international version because it has Digital TV.

My question is: can I use CyanogenMod on my device? Can I help the project with something?

I'm a developer, but mainly .Net and DB stuff. Don't know if my skills would be enough, but I'd be willing to try with some guidance.

If helps, here is the full specs of myy phone:

Model: GT-I9000B

Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Baseband version: I9000BVJJG7

Kernel version: 2.6.29 [email protected] #2

Build number: ECLAIR.VJJG9

Thanks.

Edited by Pedro Brown

WOW, I'm so pumped about CM6.1 on the Vibrant. I don't care if TMO or Samsung do come first I'll be putting on the CM6.1 when it comes out. I've come form MT3G that I ran CM6 on and it was a beautiful thing. I can only wonder as to how fast this team can make a hummer like SGS go. It should truly be a wonderful thing.

Phil

I just got one of these devices last week. I'm new to android but I'd like to help. I'm a long time gentooist and java hacker.

One thing I'd like to try is get some partitions on nilfs because I've read some things about samsung using some bastardised FS that isn't the best. And I don't mean some ridiculous loopback file hack, proper format on as many partitions as are within reasonable hassle levels.

I just got one of these devices last week. I'm new to android but I'd like to help. I'm a long time gentooist and java hacker.

One thing I'd like to try is get some partitions on nilfs because I've read some things about samsung using some bastardised FS that isn't the best. And I don't mean some ridiculous loopback file hack, proper format on as many partitions as are within reasonable hassle levels.

Join #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net and talk to one of the mods to get access to the dev channel. They'll hook you up from there. ;)

I have started working on the Captivate version, since my N1 went to it's maker (HTC) for repair, I haven't seen it... Meaning I have to port CM to the Captivate, otherwise how will I develop???

I have started working on the Captivate version, since my N1 went to it's maker (HTC) for repair, I haven't seen it... Meaning I have to port CM to the Captivate, otherwise how will I develop???

Awesome!! I am eagerly awaiting (as is many others). Thank you for jumping right in. :)

And what about the i9000 international....?

Is it always in progress? :rolleyes:

Edited by julow

DUDE THAT AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

And what about the i9000 international....?

Is it always in progress? :rolleyes:

+1