• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
drmrbrewer

Samsung Gt-I9100P

3 posts in this topic

So is there any way around the fact that the Play Store lists the CM installer as being incompatible for the above device? My understanding is that the P suffix just denotes some extra functionality, maybe the NFC. However, I'm willing to drop NFC to give CM a go. If CM is fully compatible with the GT-I9100 (without the P), wouldn't it be preferable if the installer will download and run on the P version, but just give dire warnings about loss of NFC when the user attempts to actually install CM?

It's not quite that simple. When the system zip is being installed, there is an additional device check that will prevent installation on the gt9100P.

You're going to need to look at a manual install, sorry.

drmrbrewer likes this

Dang! That's a shame. For now, I'll just stick with what I've got. Thanks for the answer anyway.