rplorson

Google Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) Stuck On Connecting Device

11 posts in this topic

I checked that my phone was supported on the website but the installer is not recognizing my phone.

I followed the steps on the app to enable USB debugging and to connect as PTP. I didn't connect my phone until the installer said to (I also tried keeping it plugged in and restarting the installer).

Any ideas?

Same exact issue. Followed the steps and then get to the screen on the windows installer that says "Unsupported device." Running stock android 4.2.2. running windows 8.1 also.

Edited by thebigezay

Same exact issue here, also stock vzw gnex

tried rebooting phone, rebooting pc, and switching ports as mentioned in the wiki

fyi i'm on windows 8.1 in case that helps

Edited by Paleogirl2007

I am received the same error that my Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) is not a supported device. I am running Vista 64 bit.

I am having the same issue with a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

It is a stock device running 4.1.1.

I have tryed 2 different cables on 2 different computers 1 Vista 1 Win7.

I am getting an error message on both computers saying the the drivers arn't instaling properly.

I've never seen this with MTP.

Edit!

I just had the idea as i was typing to switch back to MTP.

This has gotten the installer to recognise my phone.

Is there a reason it needs to be in PTP?

I cancled the install just incase.

Another Edit!!!!

I sucked it up and it worked.

The first time it crashed but a battery removal later and 2nd times a charm.

So if it's not detecting your Galaxy Nexus Switch back from PTP to MTP.

It worked for me.

Edited by Darth_Luigi

I did the same as Darth_Luigi and mine worked.

Go into your settings and switch your media mode from PTP to MTP. It started recognizing my device and installed fine!

Good luck!

i have switched from PTP to MTP, but is is not working, CM installer is still in detecting device page..

What should I do ?

I also tried MTP w/o any luck

Ended up just using the nexus root toolkit to unlock and root it, then flashed cm 10.1.3 via rom manager and all is well :)

Interesting, it also started to work for me as soon as I change from PTP to MTP. I did it before I allowed my PC to detect the device. Running now like a charm.

I also tried MTP w/o any luck

Ended up just using the nexus root toolkit to unlock and root it, then flashed cm 10.1.3 via rom manager and all is well :)

I have used nexus root toolkit also, and installed the driver from it also. However, it showed " ADB devices not found" when I tried to root it. This is the reason why I choose CM installer.

I was encountering this same problem with the drivers not being recognized with the CM installer. I used the driver installer from the Nexus Root ToolKit, then was able to complete the CM installer using MTP no problem.