SimonPalmieri

Mobile Data Doesn't Work When Wifi Is Enabled

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently got my Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted and successfully installed Cyanogen version 10.1.3-jfltecan. It works fine for the most part however I've noticed a little issue. Whenever I enable WiFi and connect to my access point at home, it seems to drop my mobile data connection.

Would anyone know why this is happening and/or how I can fix it?

Thanks!

You do get data through your AP right? This has been a known issue with the 4's, but SOP (standard operating procedure) is for Wi-fi to take over at least that's how my 3 operates. Google has many other links.

http://thedroidguy.com/2013/08/galaxy-s4-wifi-and-data-work-simultaneously-wifi-keeps-disconnecting/

Yeah, I still get data through my AP. I was just wondering if this was a bug or something, haha. The only issue is if for example I want to send photos through text, it doesn`t seem to work because I don't have a mobile data connection.

Thanks

Mobile data should be disabled when you are connected to wifi (otherwise it is just an additional drain on your battery when it isn't needed), but it should start up for sending and receiving MMS messages (since that data can't be transferred via wifi - sure wish they'd change the spec to allow that). If yours isn't, it is definitely a bug. I'd get a logcat of you trying to send an MMS while connected to wifi (instructions for logcats can be found in the wiki) and then submit a bug report on CM's project manager, https://jira.cyanogenmod.org