IamKristy

Samsung Intercept (SPH-M910)

74 posts in this topic

I'm really hoping this can be done, we have absolutely no ROMs available to us and it's limiting this phone severely. It's not even possible to do a full backup of this phone without it at least from what I've experienced so far. Really hoping someone can manage to cook up a release for this phone that would be great :)

I would love to see this...CM6 did wonders for my Hero...$25/month is just too good to pass up..!

Same here. I would also like to to move from Sprint to Virgin, but won't until they offer 2.2 or CM6 is available for the Intercept.

I would more than happy to donate $$.

just wondering the status of this. would really like to see this mod come to the intercept. im also willing to donate money if its needed.

Good news, the source for both the Sprint and Virgin versions have been released.

Check: http://opensource.samsung.com/

Look for

Sprint Version: SPH-M910

Virgin Mobile Version SPH-M910_NA_VMU

I'm about to dig around in it for a little while, just to see what's going on in the bugger. DO NOT COUNT ON A PORT FROM ME!!! I currently don't have the time to do so, plus, I'm way too damn rusty.

Cheers. :D

I would definitely like to request that cyanogen be made for the Samsung Intercept.

I'm still really interested in a CM port for the Intercept. Do you all realize that this is $25 a month for unlimited everything besides minutes? With Cyanogenmod, the Intercept could be bigger than hula hoops! Is there any chance this could happen?

edit: Also, consider that the number of posts here probably does not begin to represent the masses of people who would be interested in a port. A lot of people getting the Intercept now are new to the Android world. They are just now able to afford it because Virgin Mobile's plan pricing for an Android phone is so incredibly competitive. It's unprecedented. If Cyanogenmod is made possible for the Intercept, a whole new group of people will be interested interested in this site.

Edited by Lumify

I'm gonna put in my vote as well! I've only recently rooted my virgin mobile intercept. I've heard great things about CM and would definatly love to have it on my phone! I'm not a programmer or I'd probably take up the project. I would, however, be willing to donate a little to the project if it were started. :)

I'm gonna put in my vote as well! I've only recently rooted my virgin mobile intercept. I've heard great things about CM and would definatly love to have it on my phone! I'm not a programmer or I'd probably take up the project. I would, however, be willing to donate a little to the project if it were started. :)

+1 vote. This phone could really use some cyanogenmod loving :P

How about we move this somewhere else?

Thanks 「gu1dry」, I'm sorta surprised none of the participants noticed.. (:

I would definitely like to request that cyanogen be made for the Samsung Intercept.

You are definitely missing "be able to" between the words "to" and "request". (:

yes, someone please port the cyanogen mod to the samsung intercept. i really want to install it on my virgin mobile phone. it looks awesome.

Now that the Intercept has 2.2 on Sprint, maybe we can get someone to attempt a port now?

Can someone get me a nandroid backup of the stock rom? I can start taking a look, but realize this will be painfully slow without actually having the device.

to whom it may concern,

id like to know as well when there will be an available Rom for samsung intercept, ive yet to find a source that can provide this. Donations will be made peersonally to whomever can assist me for the cause. "lamkristy" any sources???

Can someone get me a nandroid backup of the stock rom? I can start taking a look, but realize this will be painfully slow without actually having the device.

I'll be your guinea pig if need be.

I'm flashing stuff on this phone every day. (recovering from a soft brick isn't a big deal. so long as i can get to download mode i'm good)

Someone just released a new recovery and another person a kernel yesterday that allows for converting the FS to ext2 and ext4. Doing these conversions has been the biggest performance increase i've seen on the phone to day.

I just wanted to show my support for the hope to have cm on the intercept as well, as I recently got a 2.2 sprint intercept and loved cm6 on my hero (the switch to the intercept from the hero is a long story... we'll leave it at that.) Here's hoping someone picks this up! :)

Just switched my wife and I from 2 Rhodiums on T-Mobile (minutes-only plans) to 2 Intercepts on Virgin Mobile (hello tethered uTorrent downloads!) for a total smaller bill. First Android devices. I know it's a little on the cheap side for a phone, but other than resolution not really too weak. They're stock ATM, 2.1 until VM rolls out 2.2 late in March, but I'd love to put Cyanogen on them, everyone knows it's the Cadillac of ROMs.

Also requesting CM on the VM Intercept. $25 a month for unlimited data + Cyanogen Mod = best mobile phone for the dollar in the world. I'm surprised that this hasn't become one of the more popular phones with modders.

I would love to see a port for CM to the Intercept. I just got done modding a version of UbuntDroid 5.0 for my phone, then my girlfriend asked me if I could make her a ROM or find one that's already made that would work for her phone, she had a Motorola Backflip. I saw the Unoffical CM6 ROM installed it, tweaked the settings for her needs, and I have got to say, I want it. Hands down THE best ROM for any Android phone.

If anyone can port this for me and other Intercept users that would be fantastic I don't know how I could thank you but I am sure I can find a way, either that or show me how to Port a version myself, that would be equally awesome.

Thank you for your time,

WAEPONX.

If you can get this working (probably after 2.2 update) I will drop Verizon (after testing at the airport, pay the early termination fee), and buy 2 more used Intercepts for a total of $75/month with Virgin (...might upgrade my plan though)!

I will also DONATE, AGAIN!

:D

Cyanogenmod ROM is really needed for Samsung Intercept! We would be really grateful if some Cyanogenmod guru creates a version for Samsung Intercept. Most of us can donate too. We are getting 2.2 Froyo starting 4/11/2011 from Virgin Mobile USA. However, Cyanogenmod is the best ROM out there. There must be at least a million Samsung Intercept users that could use this port. Whoever starts ROM development for Intercept will attain mega star status in Samsung Intercept community.

:)

One more Samsung Intercept user that would like to see CyanogenMod.