• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redcrash

Transition Effect "stack" Is Very Slow (At Least In Maguro)

1 post in this topic

Dear all,

I've just moved to CM 10.2 - nightly (yesterday's image) from CM 10.1 - nightly (from mid-july). Almost everything went smooth, but I noticed a performance drop when changing from one homescreen to another homescreen.

I have 5 homescreens and I have the "stack" transition effect selected. Homescreens 1 & 5 are currently empty. Homescreen 2 has a calendar widget (4x4, IIRC). Homescreen 3 has the clock widget, plus another widget and 2 icons to access some apps. Finally, homescreen 4 has the google keep widget (3x4, IIRC).

If I change the transition effect to "default", then it works fine, smooth. If I set it again to "stack", then transitions are slow. I've also tried "spin" and "tablet" and the performance seems reasonable.

BTW, in the drawer, if I set the transition effect to stack, I don't notice any apparent slowdown.

Best regards.