• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
agent216

Anyone Own The Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

10 posts in this topic

I heard about this affordable 7" tablet recently, the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, which is sold only at Wal-Mart. From what I've heard the hardware is very similar to the 2013 Nexus 7 except less RAM, less onboard storage and lower screen resolution. It does have a rear camera and a SD slot (making up for the onboard storage) which the Nexus 7 lacks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Sero-7-Pro-7-Tablet-Quad-Core-Processor-with-8GB-Memory-M470BSA/25427874

For $129 it's very tempting and sounds like a great value for the hardware. Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it.

It looks like there isn't much dev support for it yet (only one ROM that I can see), but I suspect that is because it is little known at this point. I'm hoping that people start to discover it and hopefully it will get some CM love eventually. At this point I'm just tempted to get it based on the price and just use it with the provided ROM, though.

Any thoughts?

I bought the Sero 7 Pro last week actually, and just saw this post of yours. It's a very solid built device, and I am extremely happy with it so far. From what I know of the "pure Android" experience, it seems as though to be fairly close. But I am really only familiar with Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 on my Skyrocket, and 10.3 on my Note 2. I would love to see dev support on this device, as I think it is one of the best tablets on the market, considering all factors, including price. I would love to be able to have the same familiar Cyanogenmod experience/features, as I am accustomed to on my other devices. I am by no means a developer, and only know how to use Google to find out how to root/unlock/ROM devices, with methods already discovered, but I would be more than willing to help where I can, with development on this device.

For $129, it is well worth the investment!!! You also forgot to mention that the rear camera has a flash (that most tablets lack), and the screen is also able to utilize a stylus!

Hi;

I've had my Hisense Sero 7 Pro for a few weeks now and am very happy with it. It would be great to see a Cyanogenmod ROM for this device. As davidlb mentioned it is ABLE to utilize a sylus but I've had less than adaquate results so far but then your mileage may vary. If anyone out there has had success with the Hisense pro and a stylus I'd be real interested in your comments.

Ive got a Hisense Sero Pro 7 too and its a decent device but some parts hobbled, like no multiusers. Would really like to see a Cyanogenmod for it!!! Recently price lowered to $129 @ walmart.

Ive got a Hisense Sero Pro 7 too and its a decent device but some parts hobbled, like no multiusers. Would really like to see a Cyanogenmod for it!!! Recently price lowered to $129 @ walmart.

I agree, need Cyanogenmod!!

I'm loving my Hisense Sero 7 Pro. I got mine for 129$ at walmart, took it home and rooted it and put on the only custom ROM I could find on it (XE-Sero7pro v2.2) Love it, but I know I would love the Cyanogen even more. I'm playing all types of games on it like Blackops Zombies, Backbreaker THD, also a lot of Hulu plus.

Hopefully that may become possible soon

Status Update

By Hisense USA

Good news, source code will be available in a few days!

https://www.facebook...759938464020885

*Edit*

Source is now available

http://hisense-usa.com/support/firmware.asp

Use the model name <Sero 7 Pro>, not model number <M470BSA> like it says.

Edited by Talon65442

Has Cyanogenmod been released yet for Sero 7 Pro? I am quite eager to this, love this budget tablet by the way. Thanks.

Harold-01 likes this

The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is an excellent value for $130. It has an ext SD card and

a mini HDMI port, features which the nexus 7 lack.

Given it's quad core processor and gigabyte of ram CM would add so much more

value and functionality that the stock Android severely limits. If anyone knows of anyway

other way to install CM please help me.PLEASE add it to CM's installers ASAP !