ToxicDragon

Stuck On Google Boot Screen After Cm 10.2 Nightly Install

39 posts in this topic

Dear Community,

I need help! After flashing CM 10.2 Nightly (over the built in Update Tool of CM 10.1), I coult boot into the device normally. After I did a reboot, I always get stuck at the google screen.

The strange thing about this reboot was that I got into Odin mode (where I have never been to yet; I've always just bootet into System, bootloader and/or Twrp...)

I did a bunch of things to solve that issue:

• Installed another ROM over TwrpRecovery (v2.5.0.0) --> says it worked, but still stucks on google screen...
  • Recovered a previous Twrp Backup (with working CM 10.1 ROM and all other partitions [EFS et cetera]) --> says it worked, but still stucks on google screen...

I also did a Factory Reset / Clear Dalvik Cache ... didn't help...

Can you help me with my Problem? The only good thing ist, that I got a working TWRP Recovery System...

best regards,

Toxic Dragon

Edited by ToxicDragon

Ok, lets try it exactly like this

1. boot into recovery

2. factory reset

3. Wipe cache

4. Wipe Delvik

5. Install your rom

6. Repeat steps 1-4

7. After doing that run Fix Permissions

8. Reboot the device

Lets try that and see if it get you where you want to be. :)

Ok, lets try it exactly like this

1. boot into recovery

2. factory reset

3. Wipe cache

4. Wipe Delvik

5. Install your rom

6. Repeat steps 1-4

7. After doing that run Fix Permissions

8. Reboot the device

Lets try that and see if it get you where you want to be. :)

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I've done all steps that you mentioned... But I got a problem at the Fix Permissions Screen: It says the following:

Can't check permissions after Factory Reset. Please boot rom and try again after you reboot into recovery

Shall I do that? I'm a bit frightened now about what could happen after the reboot... :(

Edited by ToxicDragon

So, I've been rebooting the phone now --> still stucks. I also did your described approach with the "Restore" fuction --> still stucks... What happend to my device?! Shall I install everything again using the unsafe method (with fastboot and Nexus toolkit)? How can I install the android stock image back?

I don't think it's that serious yet. Generally, Nexus devices are the easiest to work on and I don't think there is a UNsafe way to do anything with a Nexus. I had the first 2 Nexus phones and loved them both. Can you possibly post a screen shot of what screen it gets stuck on?

http://phota.me/9M7R.jpg <--- is this the screen you see?

I'd try the following:

1. Verify the download of CM and gapps aren't corrupt by verifying the MD5 hashes (make sure you are flashing the Android 4.3 gapps from http://goo.im/gapps)

2. In recovery, format the /system partition and perform a Factory Reset/Data Wipe

3. Reinstall CM and gapps

4. Reboot

Can you possibly post a screen shot of what screen it gets stuck on?

http://phota.me/9M7R.jpg <--- is this the screen you see?

No, it gets stuck at the "Google" screen, which shows up right after turning on the device (just before the blue ring-like CM boot screen). The screen you mentioned in the link shows a full data wipe; should I do a whole datawipe instead of the Factory/dalvik/cache reset? Your instruction didn't say that...

I'd try the following:

1. Verify the download of CM and gapps aren't corrupt by verifying the MD5 hashes (make sure you are flashing the Android 4.3 gapps from http://goo.im/gapps)

2. In recovery, format the /system partition and perform a Factory Reset/Data Wipe

3. Reinstall CM and gapps

4. Reboot

The google apps aren't really necessary at the moment, right? Well, I also tried other ROMs from which I know they are working... Well I could manually wipe System... I'll give it a shot

BTW: How can I install Samsung USB drivers, without letting the device boot into android? Do I just need the fastboot drivers?

I am just trying to know where it sticks but I think your explanation did that for me.

Usually installing Kies will install all the proper samsung drivers for you.

Why not use the wugfresh toolkit to go into bootloader and from there flash back to stock, get it booted then we can start all over with the a fresh CM install? I guess before doing that though we need to know that all the proper drivers are installed or you'll hit a huge roadblock.

You need fastboot drivers are for devices that have fastboot, which aren't Samsung devices (although, most others do, Samsung has to be difficult). Instead, Samsung has "download mode". But typically the same driver used for adb can be used for fastboot, so I'd assume the same would be the case with download mode. And you should be able to install drivers both in download mode and recovery.

And no, the gapps aren't necessary initially, but you can't get on the Play Store without them.

You need fastboot drivers are for devices that have fastboot, which aren't Samsung devices (although, most others do, Samsung has to be difficult). Instead, Samsung has "download mode". But typically the same driver used for adb can be used for fastboot, so I'd assume the same would be the case with download mode. And you should be able to install drivers both in download mode and recovery.

And no, the gapps aren't necessary initially, but you can't get on the Play Store without them.

This is what Nexus Toolkit says:

====================================================================================

This will install the correct drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

This is the Universal Driver Pack made by clockworkmod.

1. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS BOOTED FULLY INTO ANDROID

2. UNPLUG USB CABLE [iF CONNECTED] AND INSTALL DRIVER PACK

3. ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS BY GOING TO THE SETTINGS, ABOUT SCREEN AND CLICKING ON

BUILD NUMBER AT THE BOTTOM 7 TIMES.

4. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN SETTINGS, DEVELOPER OPTIONS

5. CONNECT DEVICE TO PC VIA USB CABLE AND WAIT FOR DRIVERS TO INSTALL

6. WHEN ADB CONNECTS YOU WILL BE ASKED ON YOUR DEVICE TO AUTHORISE AND REMEMBER THE

CONNECTION WITH YOUR PC. DO THIS.

====================================================================================

I'm quite used to this toolkit; rooted my device using it... Well, I will let it install the drivers and then I connect the device using over usb. If I'm able to send some fastboot command (e.g. unlock the device), I will know the drivers installed correctly...

BTW: You are right, it installs adb drivers...

Edited by ToxicDragon

Hi, i had the same problem today, everything was working fine on 10.2 until i rebooted the phone... and it was stuck on the boot logo.

I'm using TWRP 2.6.0.0, and I did the following:

1) Boot in recovery mode

2) Format Data

3) push the rom.zip file via ADB

4) flashed the file

5) Wipe cache/dalvik

And now everything is working again.

Note that i haven't flashed the gapps.zip, but i did that in a second time

kasias and ToxicDragon like this

OK, drivers seem to work, because I get the right Serial:

Written by Mark Skippen (www.skipsoft.net) - Last Updated 09th July 2013

For Info and Support goto http://goo.gl/oZNhe ...- Donate http://goo.gl/3uqMD

Contact: [email protected] or follow me on twitter: http://goo.gl/uylz4

FASTBOOT MODE [if serial shows, drivers are installed]

List of devices attached

01498AD209002017 fastboot

ADB MODE

List of devices attached

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, i had the same problem today, everything was working fine on 10.2 until i rebooted the phone... and it was stuck on the boot logo.

I'm using TWRP 2.6.0.0, and I did the following:

1) Boot in recovery mode

2) Format Data

3) push the rom.zip file via ADB

4) flashed the file

5) Wipe cache/dalvik

And now everything is working again.

Note that i haven't flashed the gapps.zip, but i did that in a second time

Wow, thanks... I will try that... But in case of failure: How cann I get my files from my phone to the PC?

Edited by ToxicDragon

Haha... oops, I forgot you were using a Nexus. Google forced Samsung to include fastboot mode in the Nexus devices.

OK, drivers seem to work, because I get the right Serial:

Wow, thanks... I will try that... But in case of failure: How cann I get my files from my phone to the PC?

I did a backup with twrp and the took the files from the phone to the pc using adb pull

Haha... oops, I forgot you were using a Nexus. Google forced Samsung to include fastboot mode in the Nexus devices.

No Prob ;) Any idea on getting the data from my phones internal storage to my PC, without being able to boot it up?

If you can boot into recovery, just use the method that Hixos mentioned, using adb to pull all the content off.

You may need to make sure that /data is mounted (although, I think it should be automatically), and then on your computer's terminal (Command Prompt if you're using windows), run the following

adb pull /data/media/0/

(It might complain about no destination, and if it does, specify a location on your computer like c:\backup at the end of the command making sure there is a space between the /0/ and the destination)

ToxicDragon likes this

Remmember to flash GApps-jb-201308, or you get Boot bucle

From now i cant go back to CM-10.1-2, no mather the gapps install, i got stuck, only CM-10.2-2 starts, several fails like KEYBOARD (AOSP) not run, TELEPHONE NOT WORK, and some hangs, i gess we still wait from tomorrow for more stable rom

Telephone does work, it is more than likely your icon that is bad. See the announcement at the top of this forum about updating from 10.1 to 10.2.

http://forum.cyanoge...od/#entry402538

Yeah, I already thought of something like that... Currently, I'm still backupping my files (lasts quiet long...). I will soon use adb sideload to flash the ROM... It would be interresting, if I could also flash the ROM in TWRP after Data wipe...

You can absolutely flash the ROM in TWRP. I am pretty sure it supports sideload, but if not, you can just switch the adb from pull to push (unless I am not understanding what you mean).

adb push "c:\location\to\CM.zip" /sdcard/

ToxicDragon likes this

You can absolutely flash the ROM in TWRP. I am pretty sure it supports sideload, but if not, you can just switch the adb from pull to push (unless I am not understanding what you mean).

adb push "c:\location\to\CM.zip" /sdcard/

Yeah, already did that; read the adb man page ;)

So, big Update: My phone is working again!!! :) In my oppinion, wiping Data solved the problem! Thanks to everyone who helped me out! You're the best!

Update 2: Step back! After installing the NEW gapps package, the phone stucks at the "google" screen again! Damn... Tried to install CM 10.1.2 + oder gapps 4.2.2 package over it --> still stuck... I think it is the same behaviour like before. I will now wipe everything again and push the install files onto the phone...

hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I wipe my device. Install CM 10.2 latest nightly and latest gapps. Device starts and works great. But if I restart my device i gets stuck in de Google screen at boot and i have to wipe and reinstall everything. This happens every time. I also tried to update an older nightly and it is the same behaviour.

For now I am switching back to the last 10.1 nightly, because it is annoying, that i can't reboot my phone without wiping!

Edited by eviltrash

Okay I found the error. This getting stuck at google screen only happens with TWRP Recovery. I installed CWRP and everything is fine

Nope, it happened to me on CWM, I wiped /data and all is well again. Thanks for the help guys!!