• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
michelfeldman

Known Issues

36 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to start by thanking the awesome devs working on Cyanogen -- KUDOS!

Now, I haven't found a place that keeps tracks of all known issue with Galaxy S4 in a clear and easy way (seeing open issues tracker is not easy or clear for me -- sorry).

Please comment on known issues :-)

I'll start with a few I've read about in XDA:

- FC in gallery

- HDR issues in camera

- BT issues

- muted calls issues

Thanks!

Hi,

I actually tried the Samsung stock headset yesterday. It does not work, it sounds like one channel is working ok but the other one is ... sort of funny :) Very faint volume, cannot hear anything people speak on videos / music is distorted.

I was happy to notice that any standard stereo headset seems to work ok.

Anybody have noticed this? What the heck is wrong with Samsung headset? Any work-arounds?

And, yes, kudos to the devs and forum maintainers as well.

I would like to encourage everybody to become donators. You can decide the amount yourself and it's very easy.

What's "FC" in "FC in gallery"?

I've just installed cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-jfltexx yesterday and all seems to be going well. Haven't noticed Bluetooth issues after pairing with one device with no hassle. Will check for HDR issues, muted calls are not really pertinent for me.

I do see everything missing when looking in Gallery app. Only photos taken with camera, no picasa albums at all.

What's "FC" in "FC in gallery"?

I've just installed cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-jfltexx yesterday and all seems to be going well. Haven't noticed Bluetooth issues after pairing with one device with no hassle. Will check for HDR issues, muted calls are not really pertinent for me.

I do see everything missing when looking in Gallery app. Only photos taken with camera, no picasa albums at all.

"FC" is "Force Close", the error message shown when an application is misbehaving and is terminated by Android. Basically, a crash.

As for the gallery: The CM gallery app does not sync with Picasa. It's a bit of a pain but it's been that way for some time and I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon. There are options for enabling this but it means using the stock camera (the camera and gallery apps are linked).

I am interested in those solutions for picsasa sync. On my s2 I used special gapp but the version was old, so my camera was merely functional and not very stable. If there is a way to have picasa sync without the setback, I am all ears, as I am a photographer and this function is quite important for guys like me!

@Charaxan I used the ASOP camera/gallery app on my old Galaxy Nexus to keep Picasa sync. You can possibly use the stock S2 gallery. Alternatively you can use Google+.

Details on the issue here: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-364

I tried downloading the apk from here: http://is.gd/dSosot for the latest Google 4.2.2. camera/gallery app. However, the installation process aborts just saying "not installed". Any idea why?

Thanks

Thanks Ramboki. I'll give it a try when I'll install cyanogen!

Has anyone had any experience using the nightlies with bluetooth audio? For some reason, Pandora over bluetooth has gone to hell since moving from stock TouchWiz, but, oddly, other apps like YouTube and Twitch are completely fine. I've tested this against multiple bluetooth outputs, and it's always just Pandora - conversely, though, Pandora was fine before I switched from stock, and I can't find anyone complaining about Pandora bluetooth.

Thoughts?

I have a bluetooth headunit in my car and the audio cuts out for about a half a second every few minutes, although I haven't tested it with anything but Pandora.

Edited by h0ly lag

I have a bluetooth headunit in my car and the audio cuts out for about a half a second every few minutes, although I haven't tested it with anything but Pandora.

Okay, glad to know it's not just me - that's a much better description of the problem, but for me the frequency is closer to 8-10 breaks per 5 minute period. That may not sound bad, but my average workday (including commute) tends to have 3+ hours bluetooth Pandora, and this has been not-so-slowly driving me crazy (plus,it completely breaks my concentration if I'm working).

Tapiov.

I have tried the Samsung stock headset for you. My set work fine, with equal levels of volume from both earpieces. I am running cm-10.1-20130725-NIGHTLY-jfltexx. Could it be that your headset is faulty?

Edited by Goadlover

Thanks for testing it. I actually re-tested mine because of your comment and it works now.. I suspect sun spots or wind direction change :) All good now, at least on output side. Not tested the mic though.

In my version, I have one more issue.

I'm an Android developer, and when I use Eclipse logs, when setting a filter, all the logs disappear, and no way to get the log back, even in the All Message section.

The only way to do is to unplug the device, close Eclipse, plug the device and open Eclipse back to see the logs.

This problem occurs only since I installed CyanogenMod.

The second problem occurred also with the Samsung native OS.

When Eclipse is open, there is no way to connect a Galaxy S4 to see the logs. The only way is to plug it before opening Eclipse. So, to see the logs, if the phone is not plugged, I have to close Eclipse, plug the phone and open it back.

This problem never occurred with an other phone model (like GS3 or some HTC), but occurred with all GS4 with which I tried it.

Except that and muted calls, everything works fine for me.

--

Edit : for informations, my version of CyanogenMod is : 10.1-20130714-NIGHTLY-jfltexx

Edited by GaetanH

Okay, glad to know it's not just me - that's a much better description of the problem, but for me the frequency is closer to 8-10 breaks per 5 minute period. That may not sound bad, but my average workday (including commute) tends to have 3+ hours bluetooth Pandora, and this has been not-so-slowly driving me crazy (plus,it completely breaks my concentration if I'm working).

Unfortunately now I am having the exact same issue you are. The breaks are more frequent now and it is frustrating. It's also not only in Pandora. I tested it with Play Music and I have the same issue.

Unfortunately now I am having the exact same issue you are. The breaks are more frequent now and it is frustrating. It's also not only in Pandora. I tested it with Play Music and I have the same issue.

The two 'known-good' apps I've tested are video as opposed to straight audio like Pandora or Play Music would be - I feel like that's relevant, but have no idea how.

Hi guys,

I'm on a Samsung GT-I9505 with the nightly cm-10.1-20130802-NIGHTLY-jfltex (Italy, Vodafone carrier) and I'm having problem with audio on calls.

Most of the time I can't hear the other person and vice versa. If I insert the headset before the call, 100% of the time the audio is not working, if I insert it during the call (a call where I can hear the other person and vice versa), it works but all the further calls will be audioless. I'll have to reboot the device to try to have audio on calls.

I'm having this problem since the first nightly version.

I've tried to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and a "wipe cache partition" but with no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi guys,

I'm on a Samsung GT-I9505 with the nightly cm-10.1-20130802-NIGHTLY-jfltex (Italy, Vodafone carrier) and I'm having problem with audio on calls.

Most of the time I can't hear the other person and vice versa. If I insert the headset before the call, 100% of the time the audio is not working, if I insert it during the call (a call where I can hear the other person and vice versa), it works but all the further calls will be audioless. I'll have to reboot the device to try to have audio on calls.

I'm having this problem since the first nightly version.

I've tried to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and a "wipe cache partition" but with no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Andrea

I have experienced the muted call bug as well. More specifically, when I receive a call while on wired headset, the mic on my phone is muted. If I tap the "mic" button 2x to toggle the mic on and off then it will work normally. This is a problem when my hands are usually otherwise occupied and cannot reach for the phone to do the toggle. I am actually on Carbon (jfltetmo) from Aug 1st. From what I have read in XDA (provided I understand it correctly) a fix has been worked up and a flashable zip is made for ATT devices. It was also stated that it was only a matter of a couple days before the fix was included in a CM build (the base for Carbon). Link to the thread: http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1386

Don't know how that would work for you in Italy though.

Edited by Bowmanspeer

Hey guys!

For the muted call bug just try to activate the sound for you dial number sounds. That helped for me!

Stouts likes this

Hey guys!

For the muted call bug just try to activate the sound for you dial number sounds. That helped for me!

I am going to try this out now and see how it works. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey guys!

...hemmm...what? I've tried mute on and mute off the mike (is this what you meant?) but without any luck (actually now I've the problem that neither I or the other person can hear anything... :( )

From what I've seen, the mute call issue seems to occur most often when I'm transitioning from low wi-fi areas to pure cell connection.

Just the pattern I seem to be experiencing.

whats is wrong with the new nightly 20130807 ?

I have a problem on latest nightly. 20130807 i have an error getprop build 7 with the newest cwm 6.0.3.5

Thanks to everyone involved for all of their hard work! I'm currently on cm-10.1.20130809-NIGHTLY. I've been enjoying a serious performance boost on my T-Mobile S4.

So far, the only problem I'm having is when making or receiving a call. The moment I connect to the person, the screen goes blank. When I try to wake it up to - in my case, to activate the dial pad - the screen will not wake up. I was trying to call a support number (not for my phone) and needed to get to the touchpad so I could "press 1" (or whatever.) When the call ends, it take 30 or 40 seconds for the screen to respond so I can start using my phone again.

Not really a huge deal. I was just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?

TIA!

T. Parker

Gulfport, MS

Spotify does not work. The error reads "No SD Card Found"

Dafuq?

Also, the play store always gives the error "Package File is Invalid", but that's probably Google's fault.