• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
bass2k8

Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (Aosp) Has Stopped.

31 posts in this topic

After updating to CyanogenMod version 10.1-20130404-NIGHTLY-i9100 I can no longer use my keyboard anymore.

It keeps popping up with a message saying "Unfortunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped."

Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/nm9DZ

Edited by bass2k8

What did you upgrade from? Have you tried reflashing the latest gapps package? http://goo.im/gapps

I updated from either 10.1-20130330-NIGHTLY-i9100 or 10.1-20130401-NIGHTLY-i9100 using Cyan Delta. No I have not, I'll try that out now!

If that doesn't work, you may have just run into a bug with the nightlies. The only way around it would be to install a 3rd-party keyboard, or reverting to a previous nightly.

Had the same problem. I wiped the cache / dalvik cache and also reseted to factory settings. Now it works

phonepaul likes this

The solution that worked for me is this:

Go into menu/system/apps and find Android Keyboard (ASOP) and CLEAR DATA. Then do the same for Dictionary Provider and CLEAR DATA. And any other keyboard app you have installed.

I have Jelly Bam 7.6.0.

beedee101, segoncalves and nebjak like this

Go into menu/system/apps and find Android Keyboard (ASOP) and CLEAR DATA. Then do the same for Dictionary Provider and CLEAR DATA. And any other keyboard app you have installed.

That didn't solve my problem.

It looks like I'm really stuck.

Most of the programs on my phone were crashing almost immediately after I opened them. It looks like I don't have Titanium Backups, because it wasn't running automatically and it became one of the programs which immediately crash.

This might be related to a setting in Contacts which I changed to "sync" and might have caused the "changing contacts to the new language" error I started getting. But it seems to me that SHOULD be set to sync, and anyway I don't know why that would start causing crashes.

I went into Recovery and did Factory Reset and Wipe Cache and Rom'ed CyanogenMod (http://get.cm/get/jenkins/12608/cm-10.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip) and GApps (http://goo.im/gapps/...1011-signed.zip).

Now when I try to use my phone I get

"unfortunately android keyboard aosp has stopped". That means there is almost nothing I can do because I don't have a keyboard.

I'm really stuck! :-O

Galaxy S GT-I9000

Android 4.1.2

Cyanogen Mod 10.0.0

Edited by webmanoffesto

Have you tried formatting the /system partition and then reinstalling CM and gapps?

I have Jelly Bam 7.6.0.

Worked for me as well on cm-10.1-20130514-NIGHTLY-i9100

do not know witch update did it but I upgrade from the 10 I thing to the 15 and had the keyboard error the clear data work for me.

I have the Galaxy S2 Hercules for T-Mobile and I added the CM10 to my phone. I accidentally downloaded the wrong GApp I think, and my keyboard will not work. I downloaded the right GApp but I don't know how to get rid of the other one and make my keyboard work!!

You should be able to just flash it over the other one. You may need to clear the data for the keyboard.

I have Jelly Bam 7.6.0.

This solution worked for me also, going into FORCE STOP each of the app before CLEAR DATA.

Problem appear to start happening after some of the Google apps updates. Google+, Hangouts.

Am using 10.1-20130324-NIGHTLY-i9100

I have Jelly Bam 7.6.0.

Worked for me.

I have Jelly Bam 7.6.0.

I got a galaxy tab 7" but I'm experiencing the same issues like the OP.

Disabling the android keyboard worked for me but I had to flash gapps-jb-20121011 instead of the latest gapps-jb-20130301.

For some reason all of the google apps were crashing even when the keyboard was disabled until I flashed the older 20121011 version.

I have a physical docking keyboard which I used to connect to wifi and was able to search for a swype keyboard in the play store. Those without a keyboard will have to get the apk, put it on the SD card, and then manually installing it.

Same issue with gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip issue solved by installing gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip and wipe the cache.

badabing77 and skippy344 like this

Same issue with gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip issue solved by installing gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip and wipe the cache.

Very pleased to say that this suggestion worked for me. I was having the exact same problems as bass2k8 (OP), and after doing what was suggested here it fixed the problem.

Using Nexus 7 2012 (first generation tablet) with version 10.1.2(grouper) cyanogen.

Now i have read the first table on page : http://goo.im/gapps

that says : Use this table to figure out which package you need!

So now I just installed the last version for CM 10.1.x android version 4.2.2 meaning 20130812

Same keyboard "stopped" issue (Kindle Fire 1st Gen, 10.2.1) resolved same as #16 above. I went into Recovery mode, did a USB mount, and transferred gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip from my PC and installed.

All is sweet now.

Same keyboard "stopped" issue (Kindle Fire 1st Gen, 10.2.1) resolved same as #16 above. I went into Recovery mode, did a USB mount, and transferred gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip from my PC and installed.

All is sweet now.

Had the same problem with the same setup (kindle Fire V1, 10.2.) and jb 2013 03 01 solved it. (which is in the wrong thread here, I know. But google brought me here for the solution)

Can be found here http://goo.im/gapps/...signed.zip (or use google, I got it from a shared gdrive and compared the md5-sums)

Edited by palmtree

Yep. I had to do this too, for my Motorola XT912. Now it is working wonderfully! 0813 rendered the keyboard inoperable, but 0301 works perfectly! Is it because this is a 4.2.2 android?

i did resolve the probleme, what i did is to

install a 3rd-party keybord like (mine is swiftkey) after installation go to settings=>language & input => check swiftkey and change default key to swift it works perfectly and after that i desabled Android Keyboard(AOSP)

Go into menu/system/apps and find Android Keyboard (ASOP) and CLEAR DATA. Then do the same for Dictionary Provider and CLEAR DATA.

Same thing happened to my HTC DNA running 10.2.20131026 nightly and Gapps 20130812 Lucky I had Swiftkey already installed. At first I thought Swiftkey was the problem, but after reading about others having this problem I'm probably wrong in thinking that.

Even after factory reset and clearly of the caches the problem followed me to my next rom, but Swiftkey didn't, so I went back to recovery and flashed my backup. I going to try the older Gapps and

More on the Keyboard stopping on my HTC DNA the other day (10/25/13). It seems that just installing the GApps made my phone get stuck on the Cyanogenmod start screen. The wheel just spun and spun for a half hour, so I ended up restalling the nightly and GApp zips together and cleared the caches before reboot. My keyboard came back to life without any troubles what so ever. The other thing I noticed is the battery life is awesome today, but this might be a sugar pill effect, but I doubt it. It's a amazing how much the keyboard effects so many things in the OS. My DNA is running awesome now. I'm running

cm-10.2-20131026-NIGHTLY-dlx.zip

gapps-jb-10130813.zip

So in the end I actualy needed to upgrade my GApps for it all to work together properly. Not downgrade or run an older version. I will reinstall Swiftkey now that I have done a nandroid backup.