Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mylosol

Installed Cm-10.1-2-Experimental Now I Can't Access Gmail

8 posts in this topic

I was running a stable version of CM 10.1 then updated to cm-10-20130107-NIGHTLY-epicmtd several weeks ago with no problems. Today I decided to do an OTA update of cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd-M2, everything seemed to install fine but I can't add my Gmail account to the phone, it seems to have no option for this anymore. I try to add the account in Settings -> accounts ... nothing, then I try to open Gmail and it simply crashes, I have no contacts, can't open the Play store... nothing...

I tried to reinstall the Gapps file but that made it worse, causing everything to crash as soon at it boots I get endless "not responding" errors... I was forced to flash back to the 10.1 stable but was unable to boot, the phone would never get past the spinning "cyanogen mod" screen. I downloaded the cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd-M2.zip file and reinstalled from SD card and its back running but same problem persists... any Ideas?

Edited by mylosol

Hey, try to go to the gmail app settings and clear data and clear cache. I'm on cm10.1 and when certain apps wouldn't work like apollo or gallery I would just go to the app settings wipe all the data.

ALso, for cm10.1 2013-03-04 does the camera record 1080p and is there the photosphere?

Edited by SvetKrasivaya

Hi, I had the same problem when I went from cm10 to cm10.1 from OTA. I then reinstalled the Gapps and nothing would work, just like you. Try to see if you got a good version of the Gapps 4.2. I later tried with Gapps from another source and it worked perfectly.

There is a 1080p option under camera setings...

If you update to the 4.2.2 gapps this issue should go away. Link: http://goo.im/gapps

That Worked..... You're a life saver!!! Thanks for the link it made it 100% simple! AWESOME! :D

*!*Update*!* - That solved most of the problems... The welcome walk-through worked, I was able to sync it to my Gmail account, I can access my contacts and Google Play but for some reason the Gmail app still crashes every time I open it.... I love this new update but this is frustrating. What did I do wrong?

Edited by mylosol

Okay, final update, I went into the Google Play store, under "all apps" and found the gmail app. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and it works now. Thank you for all your help, I have my phone back.

If you update to the 4.2.2 gapps this issue should go away. Link: http://goo.im/gapps

I was having the same issue, it Works excellent, thanks a lot..