jaywizz

Failed To Access Device. Libusb Error: -12 ... Anyone Any Ideas?

7 posts in this topic

Hey just started working my way through the root instructions on the site (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd)

Got to step 5 which requests that I open the command prompt and type in: heimdall flash --kernel zImage --no-reboot

The response comes back:

Initializing connection...

Detecting device...

ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

Has anyone any understanding of what this means and what I should do?

Are you installing from a linux box by any chance? If so you need to run it as root.

My google-fu is weak today. You did install Zadig's libusb drivers?

Make sure you completely uninstall any Samsung software you installed before. This includes any drivers (under Add/Remove Programs) and Kies (which won't work with CM anyway). Then uninstall Heimdall and reinstall it. It seems this error is because of conflicting drivers. Windows is using Samsung's drivers that were installed which won't interact properly with Heimdall (off topic, but I am not a fan of this program... why can't they use fastboot like most other manufacturers?).

Make sure you completely uninstall any Samsung software you installed before. This includes any drivers (under Add/Remove Programs) and Kies (which won't work with CM anyway). Then uninstall Heimdall and reinstall it. It seems this error is because of conflicting drivers. Windows is using Samsung's drivers that were installed which won't interact properly with Heimdall (off topic, but I am not a fan of this program... why can't they use fastboot like most other manufacturers?).

That doesnt work for me. Edited by iancbogue