• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
andrea_zaghini

Help - Install Cyanogenmod 10 On Gt-I9000

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, and Merry Christmas! :D

I need help to update my galaxy s from cyano. 9.1 to 10.0 (9.1 stable to 10.0 stable), actually, I need to know if I have to do a "fresh" install flashing a stock ROM and then custom kernel with cm recovery, or I can simply copy the .zip file of the 10.0 to the sd-card, reboot to recovery, wipe data and install it.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

Samsung Galaxy S II

1. The phone Must be root with - ClockModRecovery available

2. Copy all .zip files to root of your phone: cm-10-20121216-NIGHTLY-i9100g.zip, X-TremE CM10 1.7 Pure.zip, gapps-jb-20120715.zip

3. Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.

4. Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.

5. Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.

6. Select Install zip from sdcard and choose "cm-10-20121216-NIGHTLY-i9100g.zip"

7. Select Install zip from sdcard and choose "X-TremE CM10 1.7 Pure.zip"

8. Select Install zip from sdcard and choose "gapps-jb-20120715.zip"

9. Select Back/Reboot now

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/15964/cm-10.1-20121223-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip

http://mnmcodeworks..../CM10 Fixes.zip

http://devil.haxer.o...jb-20120715.zip

@forum1: He's asking for the stable, not nightly.

@andrea_zaghini: Yes, you can simply copy the CM10 zip on the sdcard, then wipe cache and data, and install. You cannot "upgrade" if that's what you're looking for; CM9 is ICS based while CM10 is JB based.

Hi.

Im trying to install CM10.

I havent been able to read from the instructions, but installing CM10 I need to have Jb on the phone first?

I am running: XXJW4 (GB).

Edited by rosjak

No you don't! You only need a rooted android, any version. Follow my guide from the link below for rooting and installing CM:

@forum1: He's asking for the stable, not nightly.

@andrea_zaghini: Yes, you can simply copy the CM10 zip on the sdcard, then wipe cache and data, and install. You cannot "upgrade" if that's what you're looking for; CM9 is ICS based while CM10 is JB based.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for...and...if I want to install cyano. on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 (p3110) do I need that is rooted or do I need just that cmw recovery is installed?

sorry for my english...I'm trying to improve it!!

Rooted + CWM! Any device has to be rooted and have CWM installed, you cannot install any custom ROM without those :)

Edited by T3STY