braille270

Cm10.1 Nightlies Track Thread

530 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Guess I need some help here.

I installed the newest cm10.1 the January 6th 2013 version about an hour ago.

Looks fine to me.

The above mentioned Terminal emulator FC occurred when I wanted to enable mass storage for USB.

Solved that according to the tips above.

Must say I like the ROM customize app ;-) (that should really be included in CM)

After reinstallation Terminal emulator runs fine again. No FC!

Mass storage does work….. BUT!

The transfer rate is extremely slow. For 1,5gb of data my PC estimates 35minutes! Is there a solution?

Your tips & and advice is highly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Guess I need some help here.

I installed the newest cm10.1 the January 6th 2013 version about an hour ago.

Looks fine to me.

The above mentioned Terminal emulator FC occurred when I wanted to enable mass storage for USB.

Solved that according to the tips above.

Must say I like the ROM customize app ;-) (that should really be included in CM)

After reinstallation Terminal emulator runs fine again. No FC!

Mass storage does work….. BUT!

The transfer rate is extremely slow. For 1,5gb of data my PC estimates 35minutes! Is there a solution?

Your tips & and advice is highly appreciated.

to activate USB storage use code

Code:

su

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb

reboot

And then to switch back to mtp:

Code:

su

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

reboot

Edited by aryan1312

Goodmorning Arayan 1312,

Many thanks for the quick reply!

Especially for the command line back to MTP (that can come in handy).

I did find the code in the XDA thread, according to your previous instructions in the link you posted on the 5th of January 2013.

This code on XDA just did not contain the “,adb” (without the quotes) at the end of the command line.

So I just tried with the adding of “,adb” at the end of the command line. Like you suggested.

Looks like there is no difference at all using “,adb” at the end of the command line or not.

I use the original Samsung USB cable that was delivered with mu phone (GT-I9100).

Class 10 Micro SD card is according specs

I tested it.

Result looks to be still the same;

For a file just of 1,5gb in size (only containing text files) my Dell PC on Windows 7 ultimate estimates a (huge) transfer time of 35 minutes.

Transfer starts at a very low transfer rate. Only 400kb sec(?)

-After approximately 6 minutes time the transfer rate is risen to 870kb per sec. (IMHO that’s still slow for a transfer rate to USB mass storage device).

-After 12 minutes transfer rate is up to 1,19gb per sec which I think is acceptable an O.K.

-Total time ended up to be 18 minutes and 05 sec. for the 1,5GB size file transfer to the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

It Seemed to be that the time estimate Windows 7 makes for the file transfer is not accurate.

Total time ended up to be 18 minutes and 05 sec. for the 1,5GB size file.

Which is not very fast but acceptable an O.K. for me.

So I double checked against two other storage devices;

Test/check nr 1- Did the same file transfer to a Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive (made for this purpose).

Windows 7 ultimate estimates again the misleading 35 minutes transfer time and shows a transfer rate at 400 kb per second.

Which is the same as on the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-After 6 minutes time the transfer rate is risen to 900kb per sec. Only slightly faster transfer but not a big difference with the performance of the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-After 12 minutes the transfer rate is up to 1,48mb per sec which is significant faster/better than the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-Total time ended up to be 14minutes and 15 sec. for the 1,5gb size file transfer to the Kingston USB Divice.

Test/check nr 2- Did the same file transfer to a “classic” Freecom 320gb external HDD on USB (containing a not very fast Samsung 5400rpm/8M HDD).

Windows 7 ultimate estimates 6 minutes transfer time and shows a transfer rate at 2.5mb kb per second from start. Much faster as on the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive.

-After 1 minute time the transfer rate is risen to 8.5mb per sec. Much faster transfer then on the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive.

-Total time ended up to be only 2 minutes and 10 sec. for the 1,5GB size file transfer to the Freecom 320gb external HDD on USB (containing a Samsung 5400rpm/8M HDD). Which is much faster/better then on the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the Kingston USB Divice.

Facts/conclusion;

-the Kingston 150 data traveler USB stick/flash drive is about 4 minutes faster than the external (Class10) 32gb micro-SD in the GT-I9100.

-the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the the Kingston 150 data traveler USB stick/flash drive are no match to the classic external HDD with an medium sized HDD-cache.

End conclusion is that transfer rate to the 32gb micro SD card in the GT-I9100 is not too bad at all and transfer time is certainly O.K/acceptable.

I got miss led by the estimated transfer time that Windows 7 did show me.

What I like is that carrying the GT-I9100 with 32GB micro SD card eliminates the need of carrying an extra storage device like an USB flash drive or extra HDD

I hope for other forum readers this is useful information.

Goodmorning Arayan 1312,

Many thanks for the quick reply!

Especially for the command line back to MTP (that can come in handy).

I did find the code in the XDA thread, according to your previous instructions in the link you posted on the 5th of January 2013.

This code on XDA just did not contain the “,adb” (without the quotes) at the end of the command line.

So I just tried with the adding of “,adb” at the end of the command line. Like you suggested.

Looks like there is no difference at all using “,adb” at the end of the command line or not.

I use the original Samsung USB cable that was delivered with mu phone (GT-I9100).

Class 10 Micro SD card is according specs

I tested it.

Result looks to be still the same;

For a file just of 1,5gb in size (only containing text files) my Dell PC on Windows 7 ultimate estimates a (huge) transfer time of 35 minutes.

Transfer starts at a very low transfer rate. Only 400kb sec(?)

-After approximately 6 minutes time the transfer rate is risen to 870kb per sec. (IMHO that’s still slow for a transfer rate to USB mass storage device).

-After 12 minutes transfer rate is up to 1,19gb per sec which I think is acceptable an O.K.

-Total time ended up to be 18 minutes and 05 sec. for the 1,5GB size file transfer to the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

It Seemed to be that the time estimate Windows 7 makes for the file transfer is not accurate.

Total time ended up to be 18 minutes and 05 sec. for the 1,5GB size file.

Which is not very fast but acceptable an O.K. for me.

So I double checked against two other storage devices;

Test/check nr 1- Did the same file transfer to a Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive (made for this purpose).

Windows 7 ultimate estimates again the misleading 35 minutes transfer time and shows a transfer rate at 400 kb per second.

Which is the same as on the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-After 6 minutes time the transfer rate is risen to 900kb per sec. Only slightly faster transfer but not a big difference with the performance of the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-After 12 minutes the transfer rate is up to 1,48mb per sec which is significant faster/better than the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone.

-Total time ended up to be 14minutes and 15 sec. for the 1,5gb size file transfer to the Kingston USB Divice.

Test/check nr 2- Did the same file transfer to a “classic” Freecom 320gb external HDD on USB (containing a not very fast Samsung 5400rpm/8M HDD).

Windows 7 ultimate estimates 6 minutes transfer time and shows a transfer rate at 2.5mb kb per second from start. Much faster as on the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive.

-After 1 minute time the transfer rate is risen to 8.5mb per sec. Much faster transfer then on the 32BG micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and Kingston 150 data traveler 32GB USB stick/flash drive.

-Total time ended up to be only 2 minutes and 10 sec. for the 1,5GB size file transfer to the Freecom 320gb external HDD on USB (containing a Samsung 5400rpm/8M HDD). Which is much faster/better then on the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the Kingston USB Divice.

Facts/conclusion;

-the Kingston 150 data traveler USB stick/flash drive is about 4 minutes faster than the external (Class10) 32gb micro-SD in the GT-I9100.

-the 32GB micro-SD card in the GT-I9100 smart phone and the the Kingston 150 data traveler USB stick/flash drive are no match to the classic external HDD with an medium sized HDD-cache.

End conclusion is that transfer rate to the 32gb micro SD card in the GT-I9100 is not too bad at all and transfer time is certainly O.K/acceptable.

I got miss led by the estimated transfer time that Windows 7 did show me.

What I like is that carrying the GT-I9100 with 32GB micro SD card eliminates the need of carrying an extra storage device like an USB flash drive or extra HDD

I hope for other forum readers this is useful information.

MTP encrypt ur sd card to perform best try workin wid MTP ur speed will surely improve... and for most the memory card speed depends on the type of data u r transfering... if u transfer media file it will transfer at much higher rate... and try formatting ur card again with exfat format with the encryption which thing its best for u...

Edited by aryan1312

Thanks again for your quick reply Aryan1312,

1st

I am just a stupid lawyer, did some programming in the old days in Fortran, Dbase3, Pascal etc. But that is long time ago.

Here I am an Android/Linux Noob.

The most files I do need to copy are just some text files in MSWord or the OpenOffice text generator. Sometimes spreadsheet information.

I will try the formatting in exfat option (now the SD is in FAT32).

Before I tried to transfer the same 1,5gb file in MTP mode.

Windows 7 then estimated an horrifying amount of 3 hours transfer time!!!!!!

2nd

It would be (extremely) nice if one of the dev’s (or programmers) could create a shortcut (or APP) that executes the command lines (codes) that activate MTP & Mass storage in Terminal emulator.

So that way it will be easy/easier to switch from MTP mode to Mass Storage and vice versa.

I just found out that the APP I requested for already does exist.

The APP is named "USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM"

Look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.zatta.USB_switch&hl=nl

It is developed for SGS 1 (GT-I9000).

But it works great too on SGS 2 (GT-I9100).

Saves time typing the command lines!

Edited by Amadeus

Only issue I found so far (currently on 2013-01-05) is that Skype won't work with a Bluetooth headset: audio will only come out through the phone's earpiece.

Can anyone confirm this?

(Note: I had similar problems on CM9)

Thanks again for your quick reply Aryan1312,

1st

I am just a stupid lawyer, did some programming in the old days in Fortran, Dbase3, Pascal etc. But that is long time ago.

Here I am an Android/Linux Noob.

The most files I do need to copy are just some text files in MSWord or the OpenOffice text generator. Sometimes spreadsheet information.

I will try the formatting in exfat option (now the SD is in FAT32).

Before I tried to transfer the same 1,5gb file in MTP mode.

Windows 7 then estimated an horrifying amount of 3 hours transfer time!!!!!!

2nd

It would be (extremely) nice if one of the dev’s (or programmers) could create a shortcut (or APP) that executes the command lines (codes) that activate MTP & Mass Storage in Terminal emulator.

So that way it will be easy/easier to switch from MTP mode to Mass Storage and vice versa.

Check in play store there are loadsof app regarding this "usb storage".... download and try which one works for ur devices...since u said u not a techy... try other stable ROM till CM 10.1 get a proper stable update like CM9 or leaked stock samsung ROM if u want link ask...

Edited by aryan1312

Aryan thanks again!

I found another one just changed it in my post.

I will try this one too!

I will end up using the one i like most.

Aryan thanks again!

I found another one just changed it in my post.

I will try this one too!

I will end up using the one i like most.

u can also use airdroid (simple setup) or teamviewer ( a bite long setup but more specific)

Aryan big thanks for these TIPS!

“Teamviewer” didn't think about that one

"Airdroid" looks to be a great option on first blink, and no cable needed.

A bit off topic or rather more then a bit;

But! Airdroid asks a lot of permission and that brings a risk with it.

How vulnerable will my GT-I9100 be with Airdroid installed?

For instance I don’t use “What’s App” & “Viber” only because those two issue big security risks, and make it possible for (uninvited) third parties to easily intrude in to my phone data on the GT-I9100.

In my business I can’t afford that.

My biggest question in future will be or is already “how to secure my Android Phone”. There are the biggest risks to be found. How safe/secure is your private data on Airdroid? It looks like Airdroid did address this question. Password protection seems to be possible. I will look into this.

My question is; Does using Airdroid imply risks, and does it open up your Android device for uninvited 3rd parties?

But that is not an issue & question to discuss on this CM10.1 thread.

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member here. Just wondered if I might ask from some help.

I'm on Galasy S2 GT-I9100P, baseband I9100XXLQ6, nightly 10.1-20130107

For some reason, chronus does not show the weather even through its enabled in the settings (neither on home screen widget nor on the lockscreen).

I'd done a full wipe with factory data reset before installing.

Also, not sure if its the right place to enquire but why are NFC options not natively supported and have to be enabled through a patch?

Thanks

Aryan big thanks for these TIPS!

“Teamviewer” didn't think about that one

"Airdroid" looks to be a great option on first blink, and no cable needed.

A bit off topic or rather more then a bit;

But! Airdroid asks a lot of permission and that brings a risk with it.

How vulnerable will my GT-I9100 be with Airdroid installed?

For instance I don’t use “What’s App” & “Viber” only because those two issue big security risks, and make it possible for (uninvited) third parties to easily intrude in to my phone data on the GT-I9100.

In my business I can’t afford that.

My biggest question in future will be or is already “how to secure my Android Phone”. There are the biggest risks to be found. How safe/secure is your private data on Airdroid? It looks like Airdroid did address this question. Password protection seems to be possible. I will look into this.

My question is; Does using Airdroid imply risks, and does it open up your Android device for uninvited 3rd parties?

But that is not an issue & question to discuss on this CM10.1 thread.

download avast mobile... u can block the program incoming and outgoing data

PS : else don't use any type internet connect at all, keep the gps off and stop sharing data with google dats it ... u r fully secured

Hi Aryan,

Grinnnnn.. Yes actually I am that kind of user.... :wacko: an old fashioned user/lawyer in a world full of android & internet wonders.

Avast is already installed ;-)

'GPS is shut down ;-) , but they still can track me down by using the mobile telephone acces antenna .... ;-) .... That is, if they have my IMEI nr.

Google I don't use except as search engine and the account I do only use for contacts back up & and to maintain that singel GMail acount. ;-)

TLS and Gnu-PG secure my e-mail etc. etc.

YEAH! I keep my fingers crossed FBI, CIA, Mossad and the little yellow guys -from Chinese intelligence- are watching Google very close or are alredy inside executing man in the middle atacks etc. etc......

In fact it's just that my business is often about very private issues.

So I try to keep it as secure as possible ;-)

Even changed my IMEI nr of another smart phone (which is allowed and not illegal in the Netherlands). :ph34r:

And I am looking for a clean method of changing IMEI nr on the GT-I9100

These are no jokes, except the sarcastic part about "the FBI, CIA, Mossad and the little yellow guys"

It's 22'47 so I'll go to sleep now hoping FBI, CIA, MI6, Mossad and the litte yellow guys leave me and my cliënt information allone......

Cheers and thanks again for your help ;)

Edited by Amadeus

and for ur usb problem.... use rom customizer app to uninstall terminal then go to google store and download it again "android terminal emulator" it will work again and repeat same process if u r facing problem with google vioce search

after re installing emulator follow this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1800935

Thank you, it works!

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member here. Just wondered if I might ask from some help.

I'm on Galasy S2 GT-I9100P, baseband I9100XXLQ6, nightly 10.1-20130107

For some reason, chronus does not show the weather even through its enabled in the settings (neither on home screen widget nor on the lockscreen).

I'd done a full wipe with factory data reset before installing.

Also, not sure if its the right place to enquire but why are NFC options not natively supported and have to be enabled through a patch?

Thanks

Hi

i've a 9100p too but after installing the cyanogenmod now it results as a classic i9100 .

Anyway there was a trick to re-enable the nfc function but it seems to be a little buggy, so i decided to not try it (i never used that feature).

The widget issue is not a real bug. In the home screen you should resize the height of the widget. Same in the lockscreen where you just pull down the "unlock" area to show the full widget.

Sorry for my english

What is the best way to help with bug fixing in the nightly?

I have the bluetooth audio problem mentioned in another thread here, as audio is not working with my car telephone (connected via bluetooth to my sgs2 with newest nightyl)

CM10.1-20121228-NIGHTLY-i9100

Not a big issue but i've got a problem with the alarms. I add a mp3 file in the /Alarms folder to set up an alarm with this sound. From the alarm configuration, i see my mp3 file and i select it. The conf seems to be ok with the right file. But when i go back to the conf, i see an id "41625" instead of the initial filename and when the alarm is on, it is not the mp3 file that is played.

Sure, I can use my phone but in the morning it's less confortable...

Hi

i've a 9100p too but after installing the cyanogenmod now it results as a classic i9100 .

Anyway there was a trick to re-enable the nfc function but it seems to be a little buggy, so i decided to not try it (i never used that feature).

The widget issue is not a real bug. In the home screen you should resize the height of the widget. Same in the lockscreen where you just pull down the "unlock" area to show the full widget.

Sorry for my english

Thanks,

Apparently, the chronus widget full view has been merged in the nightly for today. Going to flash now...

I all

Just installed the 09 nighty, Spirit light fm tuner still does not work on the device. Is it cm10.1 or the app setting????

I installed cm-10.1-20130108-NIGHTLY-i9100 yesterday and have one rather serious problem.

The dial pad is not working well when in a call; a function that is used by many companies that requests your social security number or similar data.

It is possible to start the dial pad, but it is extremely laggy, up to 60 seconds delay.

I all

Just installed the 09 nighty, Spirit light fm tuner still does not work on the device. Is it cm10.1 or the app setting????

Hi Mike, Spirit works greatly on all CM10.1 nighties on my i9100. (I installed different versions of Spirit UL from 25/05, 03 and 05/13).