• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.

Would Like To Mod Softwinerevb Tablet

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been looking in to this for a few days and am struggling to get anywhere. I have been given a generic, brandless android tablet running android 4.0.3, and having seen how well a friend is getting on with cyanogenmod on his phone thought I could install it on my tablet. But so far no luck as I can't find the appropriate files.

The model number shows as softwinerEvbV13 and the build number as crane_evb_v13-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120412 test-keys. I don't know if that's useful or not!

The tablet is rooted, and appears to be rooted as standard (if you do a factory reset it comes back rooted). I can't seem to get in to boot mode (holding down the volume down brings up an android on its back with red exclamation mark (apparently a pre-boot screen), but no combination of buttons seems to move me to the boot loader. I have installed rom manager and gooapps to tgry and boot into the recovery mode, but also no luck. Mind you this is all jumping the gun really as I don't have a rom to install when I get there.

I don't really know where to go from here and would appreciate some help.

Many thanks.

Hi Matthew. I also acquired such an animal. Mine is a Michley Tivax "MiTraveler" 10-inch generic tablet with ICS 4.0.3 on it. It's also a crane build. Mine is a model bc1077, so the build number (which apparently is also the "rom number") is crane_bc1077....something or other. Similar to yours. Enough-so that I think we're close to dealing with a nearly-similar animal.

I am responding because of your inability to navigate the boot-mode menu. THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!! But I ACIDENTALLY discovered that Mr. Crane (or whoever the maestro is) pre-configured them to respond to keyboard input. I bought mine with an optional USB keyboard and I love it. But when I was doing experimental stuff on it (such as you are), There was NO way to navigate the menu which was useless.

BUT... one of the times I was playing around, I had the keyboard plugged in. TO MY SURPRISE, the menu responded to the cursor-arrows ON THE KEYBOARD!!!

So that's the trick. Get a compatible USB keyboard that has cursor arrows and your problem is solved. Mine was, anyway.

Good luck.

David Sullivan

Edited by dsulliii

By the way, Matthew, one of my sons and I have been scouring the Internet for similarities with the Crane-based tablets and whatever else is out there. SO far, it seems that those with the Allwinners a10 seem to be an exact-near critter. I haven't been brave enough to take my chances and TRY it yet though because we're still searching and comparing. My biggest concern so-far is that it seems that all the a10s I've found are 7-inch. Mine's a 10-inch.

Hey guys

does somebody did the mentioned before..?

I´m looking for some step by step about new rom