OldTacoman

Unfortunately, The Android Keyboard (Asop) Has Stopped

5 posts in this topic

I just upgraded a Nook Color from 7.2 to CM-10-20111126-nightly. I get the "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped" error message. I have not even had a glimps of the keyboard yet. The error message flashes every couple of seconds. I believe it is going through a stop/restart loop. Sometime a dialog box comes up and stays. Unfortunately, without a keyboard there is not much that I can do in terms of downloading an alturnate keyboard or even setting up wi-fi (my first idea).

Has anyone else seen this message? Is there a fix? I noticed that the 20111126 nightly is no longer available for down load. Was there an issue with that particular nightly? Probably should have used the most recent available but the ADHD kicked in and I just went with what I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

I just upgraded a Nook Color from 7.2 to CM-10-20111126-nightly. I get the "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped" error message. I have not even had a glimps of the keyboard yet. The error message flashes every couple of seconds. I believe it is going through a stop/restart loop. Sometime a dialog box comes up and stays. Unfortunately, without a keyboard there is not much that I can do in terms of downloading an alturnate keyboard or even setting up wi-fi (my first idea).

Has anyone else seen this message? Is there a fix? I noticed that the 20111126 nightly is no longer available for down load. Was there an issue with that particular nightly? Probably should have used the most recent available but the ADHD kicked in and I just went with what I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Did you flash the right GAPPS? See the second post on the XDA thread. Lots of people are flashing GAPPS for 4.2 instead of 4.1 hav,ing this problem

Did you flash the right GAPPS? See the second post on the XDA thread. Lots of people are flashing GAPPS for 4.2 instead of 4.1 hav,ing this problem

Webyrd - is correct, that has been the problem with keyboard since the alphas and betas..

Hello. I had the same problem as John and I hope my solution helps others

History:

I was upgrading from JMZ CM10 (found on goo.im "cm-10-20120805-UNOFFICIAL-supersonic.zip"). This was a great and very stable build. But there has been no new updates for a long time and I wanted JB. I upgraded to CM's encore nightly build 20130127 and then started the same issue that John "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped". I re-flashed many times. I made sure that I was using gapps 20121011. But kept getting the same issue. My finale solution was to connect a bluetooth keyboard and download a new keyboard (Hacker's Keyboard) from google play. This solved all my issues.

Love this nightly build. Great work to everyone working on this.

I hope this helps others.

Brett.