• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tedjohnson

Nook Won't Boot Mod Off Of Sd Card

4 posts in this topic

So i've had my nook color for a while, and for the most part i've been trying to get the cyanogen mod to boot off of my microsd cards so i can us it the whole time. No matter what i do I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried so many things, I'm not even sure if im doing this right anymore. So, I'll ask you guys. I just did a factory reset on my nook, so everything its stock atm. Software version 1.4.3. Model number BNTV250A. I have two 16gig micro sd cards. I've used both, neither seem to work. The last thing I tried was mount the micro sd with the generic sd image, and loaded cyanogen mod 7 on it. Put it in the nook, just goes to regular nook, and installs its basic files on the sd. So, im out of ideas at this point. Is there something im not doing? Any help would be appreciated.

You can look over this thread link here where I go over with another on how to set up and boot cyanogenmod off of the boot card. There is included youtube viedos you can follow along with and all download links and tools you will need to get started in that thread.

Most get hung up not mounting their cyanogenmod image file correctly on the SIM card, this thread link here goes over some of the details. If you need more help let me know. As far as I know this mod will work even with your new version of the nook color. Here is the link.

cyanogenmod1.jpg

My nook is having the same issue. Perhaps it's the sdMicro card, but WinImage has issues writing sometimes when I use an external sabrent multicard reader device, but when I use the sdMicro in a sd adapter and use the sd reader/writer built into my laptop, it tends to write the image without issues, but then the nook still boots normally.

So i've had my nook color for a while... I can't seem to get it to work... Model number BNTV250A.

That's not a Nook Color, it's a Nook Tablet. Completely different boot loaders. SD boot cards for the Color will not work on the Tablet.