AsIDecay

"android Keyboard (Aosp) Has Stopped Working"

6 posts in this topic

I have Sprint's S3 and when I flashed CM10 on it, I keep getting "android keyboard (aosp) has stopped working". I just flashed it so I don't have any other why to type or even get logged into the play store to download a new keyboard. Please help.

Dowloaded a new keyboard, but other issues keep popping up. Anyone know how to restore to original ROM before even putting CWM? I wanna start again.

Thx for the clue. I explain with little more detail how to install a new keyboard here:

Dowloaded a new keyboard, but other issues keep popping up. Anyone know how to restore to original ROM before even putting CWM? I wanna start again.

Had the same problem with the same phone and solved it. The caveat is I did all of the flashing of CM10, restoring stock ROM, etc while my wife and I were driving to TN and she was at the wheel so I don't remember everything but I do remember the error.

Try this:

• Purge the Davlik cache between flashing roms.
  • Make sure you have the proper google apps installed on the phone. There are two to choose from. I chose the incorrect one and I believe that's what led to the errors.

yes i had the same problem and fixing permissions worked for me but i also wipe dalvik cache, but now i use wii keyboard it beats the stock keyboard becasue it has more customization