• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Sarit

Needed: Detailed Tutorial For Installing Cyanogenmod 10 From Odin From Scratch

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Restoring a complete Titanium backup completely botched my phone and it's in a constant reboot.

I want to flash the latest version again with Odin in download mode, I'm looking for a detailed tutorial, couldn't find one in the wiki.

Please help,

Why not just get into recovery, yes it's possible even with the phone in a boot loop and reflash the phone using the ROM that's currently there and then carefully restore the apps from the backup?

You may have to pull the battery out first and then replace it and do the three button salute to get into recovery.

Why not just get into recovery, yes it's possible even with the phone in a boot loop and reflash the phone using the ROM that's currently there and then carefully restore the apps from the backup?

You may have to pull the battery out first and then replace it and do the three button salute to get into recovery.

I deleted the rom's zip file from the SDcard so to my understanding U have to flash the rom with Odin now. Am I wrong?

While in recovery mode you can enable the USB Archive mode which lets you use the device for transferring data from a PC. So, entery recovery mode, go to mounts and storage and select mount USB storage. Connect the USB cable and you may now copy the CM10 zip on the device and restart the installation.

Reflashing via Odin is only necessary for stock ROMs or kernel flashing, not for installing CyanogenMod ROMs.

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this option! Could have saved a lot of time time and trouble in the past!! :ph34r:

Thanks so much!

While in recovery mode you can enable the USB Archive mode which lets you use the device for transferring data from a PC. So, entery recovery mode, go to mounts and storage and select mount USB storage. Connect the USB cable and you may now copy the CM10 zip on the device and restart the installation.

Reflashing via Odin is only necessary for stock ROMs or kernel flashing, not for installing CyanogenMod ROMs.

This would have been very useful to me a few days ago.

Everything tutorial I found assumed I could access recovery, which it wasn't the case. I could only access download mode.

I'm not quite sure exactly what I did, but I had to go back to installing stock.

Dear friends,

I have the same problem as Sarit, during the last few hours. I followed your advice, but it cannot mount or open anything.

I have copied two roms in the additional microSD (which I 've formatted, earlier, using a specialized SD format tool).

The clockworkmod version is 3.0.0.5

Do you have any idea?

Could ODIN make my Samsung Galaxy S to stand up? And if yes, could you drive me how to do it, and what files do I need, as the ROMS have .zip extension, while the ODIN needs other files...

Edited by teogin

I found solution to get it work by using odin 3.04 and Semaphore ICS 1.3. Thanks God!!!

I found solution to get it work by using odin 3.04 and Semaphore ICS 1.3. Thanks God!!!

mine back to life too :)