Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jortgonfreit

Alarm Not Working On Galaxy S3

8 posts in this topic

I just flashed Cyanogen 10 onto my phone. I set an alarm for this morning, but the sound did not go off. The screen turned on and said the alarm was playing, but no sound.

Also, when I attempt to select an alarm, in the past with Cyanogen on other phones it would play the sound so you know what you're trying to choose, but it doesn't.

Should I attempt to reload my alarm sounds? Maybe those are what died? Has anyone had any similar issues?

I know this may be unrelated but I have the same problem with s3 on the factory firmware. I have even tried factory reset and exchanged the phone for a new one. I have a canadian virgin mobile s3 747m. I basicaly came to the conclusion that it must be hardwear related as two phone that I pre ordered do the samething when it comes to setting any kind of timed event or alarm.

Should I attempt to reload my alarm sounds? Maybe those are what died? Has anyone had any similar issues?

Hmm nasty, no such experience. I set two alarms this morning after I flashed CM10 nightly yesterday, and both sounded fine.

I had this problem today, made me 2 hours late for work... I tested it before I went to sleep and after I woke up late, they both seemed to have worked... The only thing different was that my work wake up had monday thru friday and my test only had one single day. i need to look into this further.

I can confirm this with the cm10 nightly from 11. oct.

I just rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3 and flashed the CM 10 M2 release for at&t to my phone. Everything went great. However, as others have posted above the alarm is not playing sounds when it goes off. The phone is simply vibrating. I have gone through all the options to see if I was missing configuring something but I am confident now that, that is not the case. There is clearly something wrong with the alarm sounding in CM 10 M2 at least.

I just upgraded to release 10-20121012-NIGHTLY-d2att (being the latest nightly release at the moment) and tested the Alarm again to see if the latest nightly release fixed it. Sadly, no such luck.

Interestingly when I run Apollo and Spotify with the speakers on my phone they work just fine. So, there is clearly some difference from posts of other people above.

Give this a try (I have the same issue on my TMo S3, but I assume the same fix): While in the ringtone selection screen, toggle your volume down 1 level, then select another ringtone. Once I did that, the 'sample' sounds would play fine, and the alarm worked. I'm trying to figure out the exact scenario where it stops working, but I'm having trouble consistently triggering the issue. However, every time I change the volume level, it works - even if after I put the phone on silent mode, the alarm still goes off.

Chris

I have noticed that all system sounds require you to go into the sound settings toggle the sound and hit the volume button. Strange but works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2