Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyberpedz

What The Heck Is Kernel Panic Upload Mode?

10 posts in this topic

I installed cm9 on my sgs 2 GT-I9100 as i was having trouble with my old rom. anyway got it how i want it, then went to recovery to do backup then near end of backup this Kernel panic upload mode screen comes up, what is it?

their is a code in red at the top [rst_stat = 0x20000000] what should i do now and why has it come up? Never seen this before.

this might not be helpful but from the very little I've read about linux kernal panic is a state the kernel goes in if somthing bad happens or unexpected. similar to a blue screen on windows. correct me if I'm wrong anyone I'm trying to learn linux... slowly

Oh dear so what should i do now? i have left it on this screen as to scared to do anything, as i have never seen this before. I think because i have tried so many kernels, rom etc etc. Maybe i should just wipe everything go back to stock and start again. Any ideas would be great.

so i did a little search, and it seems people fixed this problem by flashing the official samsung rom through odin. so just put your phone on download mode and connect it to odin

Where to i get official samsung rom from that link was to very.co.uk

i usually get samsung roms from www.sammobile.com

Well that didn't work. installed fine but when phone booted it gets stuck on the S screen of samsung boot, i guess i am pretty much stuffed now.

Try restoring phone to factory settings

Ye managed to get in to recover and wipe data/factory reset all sorted. so now i should be all set to install roms again with no troubles. I am presuming i have to root again etc.