JonathanPrez

Unfortunately, The Process Com.android.phone Has Stopped.

7 posts in this topic

I need some help, I've done every step correctly. I Factory wiped, wiped cache, every single thing.

I Flashes CM9 RC2 and this message keeps popping up every 2 seconds and it doesn't let me do anything on my phone.

What should I do?

Please help!!

Did you do a nandroid backup? Sounds like you deleted your dialer app possibly... If you have a Titanium Back up or can find the phone.apk for your build I would try reinstalling it. Just what first comes to mind...

Good luck with it!

As always... make sure you wipe your caches... both of them... it's just a cache... it won't kill your phone...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am curious, if you go to your about phone settings.... what does your baseband say?

I'm not a techie but I like to tweek my phone. I have a lot of apps and was in the process of deleting what I don't need because my battery life seems to haved decreased after loading CM9 RC. I have 3 dialers, exDialer, GO Dialer and the stock Phone dialer. I froze exDialer and the stock dialer, thinking I'd use the GO Dialer. (Coincidentally I also used Titanium Backup and did a "Fix Permissions" around the same time.) After I did the Fix Permission I started getting the above error(not sure what the connection is). Doing some research I discovered it might be a network thing because I learned if your remove the SIM card, or put the phone in airplane mode the message will stop. That fix also said to go into settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks, and change the network to get it to stop. Whenever I clicked on Moble Networks I'd get an error saying "Unfortunately Settings has stopped". I was about to re-flash the ROM, preparing to restore and reset all my data when I came across this post where it implied the problem could be with the dialer. I unfoze the dialers and PROBLEM IS FIXED! Apparently CM9 RC really like the stock Phone dialer. Thanks for the tip.

CM9 uses its own dialer. Stock is a dialer from Samsung. That is why you can't do all the "hidden" codes... all the *#simlock#* type stuff...

You probably deleted a core file that is needed. Be careful deleting stuff... If you are having battery drain, use BBS (Better Battery Stats) and see if you have a wake lock or something going on. Also, use a different Kernel that has better CPU Govern. Like Instigator or whatever you personally like...