Xilef_Jr

Bootloop, No Access Recovery, Only Boot On Download Mode And No Pc Connection

29 posts in this topic

hello,

I do not speak very well English, so I may be missing a solution to my situation.

I installed CM9 on my GS, but I installed wrong to Gapps.

I wanted to go in recovery for a wipe, but the phone started to do a bootloop.

I have access only to download mode

But since I'm running CM7.1 my pc does not recognize the phone in usb

is there any particular drivers to install for GS in CM?

thanks for help

bonjour,

Je ne parle pas tres bien anglais, j'ai donc peut etre raté une solution a ma situation.

J'ai installé CM9 sur mon GS, mais je me suis trompé de Gapps.

J'ai voulu aller dans le recovery pour faire un wipe, mais le telephone s'est mis a faire un bootloop.

j'ai acces que au mode download

cependant depuis que je suis sous CM7.1 mon pc ne reconnait pas le téléphone en usb

est ce qu'il y a des drivers particulier a installer pour les GS sous CM ?

merci

Have you tried following the instructions on the wiki?

wiki . cyanogenmod . com/wiki/Troubleshooting#Bootloop_problem

To boot up in recovery mode you have to hold down volume up+home+power.

Regards

hello

thanks for the link, but i already try to acces recovery, and it doesn't work since the bootloop began

so i can acces only to download mode (volume down+home+power)

My main problem is to recognize the phone by pc

Mmmm. Weird. I had the very same problem on Friday and I could enter recovery mode. Don't you have ClockworkMod?

Regards

exactly the same problem.

how to flash with Odin?

So if donwload mode works, why don't you try installing ClockworkMod recovery as explained in the wiki? Once you have that done, you'll be able to boot in recovery mode.

Regards

Same problem. I managed to get into Recovery mode though but how to get the zip files onto my SD card when the phone won't boot?

Hi all,

Did anybody manage to get out of this issue? I am having exactly the same problems and having searched online for hours I can't find a solution. Jelomer you say to install ClockworkMod recovery as explained in the wiki? The wiki assumes you can get into recovery mode. I can't, only download mode. And my PC isn't recognising my phone with Odin. Is there a desktop version of CWM that you mean I can use while my phone won't boot into recovery? Otherwise I can't see any option here.

Could I seriously have bricked my phone? I hear the SGS I is really hard to brick.

Modtang, how on earth did you finally get into recovery mode? I am getting very depressed about this - I want my phone back!!!

Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

Judi-mae

If you can get download mode then you are not bricked. You should be able to flash a stock Rom with Odin. Or at least flash a kernel with cwm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

If you can get download mode then you are not bricked. You should be able to flash a stock Rom with Odin. Or at least flash a kernel with cwm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

That's what i think and hope, but personally my computer don't recognize the phone in download mode.

there any tricks for install good drivers ?

thanks

thanks i'll try it tonight

Had the same problem a few weeks ago, I managed to fix it by starting up odin, flashing the stock android 2.3.4 to it ( using download mode on the phone, got recognized ). Than root the phone again and install the latest version of CM9 on it ...

Mine works as a train again! :)

is it possible to flash with Linux (ubuntu 11.04) and how install the right drivers ?

because (i think judi-mae had the same problem) when i plug my phone to the computer, there is no communication between phone (in download mode) and computer, so it's impossible to flash any rom with odin

I have exactly the same problem.Have tried everything.Could anybody fix this??

i found this:

"I'll try to recollect the remedy:

-Uninstall or disable Kies.

-put phone in download mode.

-connect usb from phone direct to pc, Do NOT use unpowered usb hub.

-open windows device manager and update phone drivers browsing to folder of extracted Nexus S usb drivers.

-disconnect usb.

-restart pc.

-while pc boot up, ask yourself:

Why didn't I do research?

-start Odin

-load latest Semaphore_ICS_1.2.6.tar kernel in PHONE field. Uncheck repartition.

-put sgs in download mode.

-connect usb and flash."

I have the same issue but I already sent my i9000 to samsung service and I can't try it.

Let me know if this is working.

is it possible to flash with Linux (ubuntu 11.04) and how install the right drivers ?

because (i think judi-mae had the same problem) when i plug my phone to the computer, there is no communication between phone (in download mode) and computer, so it's impossible to flash any rom with odin

In linux you can use Heimdall to flash a ROM, you don't need drivers because it use native libraries on linux to manage USB. Download Heimdall v1.3.1, because 1.3.2 have some bugs.

What are you trying to use, odin or heimdall?

Qu'est-ce que vous essayez d'utiliser, odin ou heimdall? (Je parle francais, un peu)

Edited by korockinout13

-open windows device manager and update phone drivers browsing to folder of extracted Nexus S usb drivers.

hello, i also have a bootloop. no recovery no boot. only download mode.

my phone also is not recognized.

which extracted drivers are you talking about?

thanks

ben

ben, I found that info on XDA, they say that cyanogen are based on Nexus drivers. You can find them with google or on XDA. My problem was with USB connector. I replaced it and everything is working now. It is cheap to replace it by the way

I've had the same prob;

In my case, the female usb connector (the one in the phone) was dirty. After some cleaning (applying contact spray) i could make a connection with odin.

Hopefully it works for you.

Regards

Hello,

I tried all the methods given, but no way, my phone isn't see by computer.

i tried usb jig, i tried to update ubuntu, i tried to launch windows (seven 32bit) in safe mode, i tried another pc (at my work), i used a spray duster for cleaning usb connector of my phone and i disassemble it for better cleaning but there is no change the computer don't see my phone

Hello,

I thought I brick my SGS but not, when i boot it, the samsung I9000 logo appears and disappear in a loop.

The problem have arise after have flash hardcore's Kernel with the ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5 using heimdall-1.3.2.

I can't get the recovery mode but i can get the download mode only.

But I don't know which kernel i should try to flash using heimdall-1.3.1 on linux this time not 1.3.2 version that seems to brings problems.

I were on a froyo 2.2.1 on my SGS. Which kernel could i try to get a recovery mod ?