TT-Droid

[Theme] Smoked Glass mini-port with HTC icons - 6.0.0 RELEASE

93 posts in this topic

Smoked Glass mini-port with HTC-style icons - Motorola Droid only

Please note: white clock, date, notification items, etc., now are configured in the CMParts app. This theme does not include these color changes, you will need to do them yourself, or you can use the xml provided in the download section.

To use the xml, drop it in your /sdcard/ folder, open settings->CM settings->user interface->tweaks extras, click import. You'll need to reboot afterwards.

What you get:

- glass phone buttons

- glass lockscreen

- glass status bar

- glass notification panel

- glass widgets: power control, youtube, news/weather, music

- glass popups

- glass dock background in ADWLauncher

- HTC-style status icons with transparent backgrounds

What you don't:

- white clock and date (unless you use the xml)

- music, download, phone notifications changed to white (this is no longer necessary in the nightlies)

- all of the blue from the original Smoked Glass

- themed GMail

- a few other odds and ends from the original theme that are not applicable to CM

Issues:

- Launcher Pro and ADW both incorrectly cut off static wallpapers so that they do not display behind the status bar (meaning you get no transparency effect). Live wallpapers do not have this issue.

Screenshots:

post-3426-083327200 1279637688_thumb.jpgpost-3426-022272900 1279636317_thumb.jpgpost-3426-037568100 1279497136_thumb.jpgpost-3426-051205700 1279636327_thumb.jpgpost-3426-076474000 1279636331_thumb.jpgpost-3426-074226600 1279811536_thumb.jpgpost-3426-098027500 1282834905_thumb.jpg

Some of these screenshots show off the Launcher Pro dock background available below.

Downloads:

Smoked Glass for CM6.0.0-Droid

6.0.0 xml file for CMParts color change: cmparts_ui.xml

zegoe font as seen in screenshots (update.zip format): zegoe.zip

Launcher Pro dock background (right-click, save as): post-3426-066133700 1279496942_thumb.png

Narrow "Froyo style" Launcher Pro dock background (right-click, save as): post-3426-043019100 1279812508_thumb.png

Comments:

- All credit for Smoked Glass goes to the original creator, AdamZ.

- Here is a nice looking grayscale background that looks good with this theme

post-3426-010336400 1275659755_thumb.jpg

- If you use Beautiful Widgets, there is a skin available for it called "BeautifulGlass" by shademar that matches the theme very well.

- The font used in some of the screenshots is Zegoe. I've included an update.zip that will install it for you in the downloads section.

Post changelog:

08/28/2010 - Removed Metamorph version due to volume of complaints

08/27/2010 - 6.0.0-RELEASE version

08/26/2010 - New version, Metamorph theme available, ADWLauncher now themed

08/25/2010 - New version

08/21/2010 - New version, post cleanup

08/16/2010 - New version, post cleanup

08/15/2010 - RC3 version

Old versions:

SG CM6.0.0-RC3-Droid

SG CM6.0.0-RC2-Droid

SG CM6.0.0-RC1-Droid

SG CM5.0.8-Droid

5.0.8 xml file for spare parts color change: spare_parts_ui.xml

SG CM5.0.7.1-Droid

Edited by TT-Droid

If you went with a greyscale glass for the notification background it might work. You could also try cyan, but I wouldn't personally use the theme.

Just wanted to say I'm using this theme, and I love it to death, I was on SG from 4.0 to 6 until alldroid died and I decided to try CM, but I'm very happy to have to UI back to where I like it. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm running this and love it. Love that I don't have to wait for theme updates, I just apply this MM whenever a new CM build comes out.

Yeah, I'm running this and love it. Love that I don't have to wait for theme updates, I just apply this MM whenever a new CM build comes out.

I don't have a link posted to the metamorph anymore; too many people were having trouble with the framework-res portion. Glad to hear its working for you, though.

I'm not planning on updating the update.zip for the various test releases; when 5.0.8 final is released via ROM Manager, I'll do it then.

I don't have a link posted to the metamorph anymore; too many people were having trouble with the framework-res portion. Glad to hear its working for you, though.

I'm not planning on updating the update.zip for the various test releases; when 5.0.8 final is released via ROM Manager, I'll do it then.

Really? Wow, I've never had any problems with it. I even installed the MM on 5.0.8-test1 with absolutely no issues.

That said, I'll run your latest update.zip when 5.0.8 goes final.

And again, thanks for the port, it is great.

Flashing 5.0.8 final right now. Anyone tried this theme with it or know if it needs to be updated prior? I will probably be applying it in a few minutes if noone posts back by then.

Flashing 5.0.8 final right now. Anyone tried this theme with it or know if it needs to be updated prior? I will probably be applying it in a few minutes if noone posts back by then.

Don't use the old one. There is an xml change in music.apk. I'll have the new one up in a couple minutes (just testing it now).

5.0.8 version is up. Tested successfully on my own phone.

I also included an xml export of the clock, notifications, etc. set to white.

imported the xml then installed the rom via zip in rom manager and working just fine on my phone thanks :)

Quick update! Thanks man, just wanted to say that when I applied the xml file, it set the battery display color to ffff00ff and not white. Don't know if I got a wonky download or if it's the file, but I figured I'd let you know.

Quick update! Thanks man, just wanted to say that when I applied the xml file, it set the battery display color to ffff00ff and not white. Don't know if I got a wonky download or if it's the file, but I figured I'd let you know.

Sorry about that. Fixed now.

This is an awesome port. Thanks again TT-Droid.

@TT-Droid:

Messed with the new music and YouTube widgets yet?

@TT-Droid:

Messed with the new music and YouTube widgets yet?

Music, yes, it's properly themed in this release. I guess I should update the screenshot ...

Youtube, no. I haven't looked at the new gapps yet. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

I went ahead and flashed it. I pulled Youtube.apk out of the update.zip prior to flashing though since I wanted to keep the newer widget. Everything looks good though.

I've flashed themes through rom manager before, but never downloaded them like this. How do I go about this process?

I've flashed themes through rom manager before, but never downloaded them like this. How do I go about this process?

If you're using ClockworkMod recovery then just download the zip from the Mediafire link above, place it on your sdcard, boot to recovery, choose "Install zip from sdcard" then find the zip file on your sd card.

That's what I kinda thought, but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply!

Applying this theme killed the spareparts config option in the settings menu. Seems like same thing happened for blackbarmod. Any chance of a fix, or are we just waiting for CM6?

edit: Nevermind I reflashed and it worked. Musta skrewed it up myself somehow.

Applying this theme killed the spareparts config option in the settings menu. Seems like same thing happened for blackbarmod. Any chance of a fix, or are we just waiting for CM6?

edit: Nevermind I reflashed and it worked. Musta skrewed it up myself somehow.

I had this problem, re-flashed, but still no spare parts config. I can't import the spare parts .xml file. Is there a way to fix this? How do I change colors manually?

Try starting fresh, that is, use ROM manager to flash 5.0.8 (with gapps, of course), then when its done, apply the theme update.zip.

Do not wipe data.

plans for a cm6 port? I want to give the rc1 a shot, but I'm wondering if you'll be waiting for a stable release before you build? Thanks for all your work!

plans for a cm6 port? I want to give the rc1 a shot, but I'm wondering if you'll be waiting for a stable release before you build? Thanks for all your work!

I generally only post updates on the forums for final ROMs, but since you asked so nicely ...

(LINK REMOVED, SEE MAIN POST)

I usually update the theme for every test release, but only post the finals. Find me on IRC in the #koush channel on freenode to get these releases.