• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim McGregor

Google Maps - Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.

4 posts in this topic

Currently running: update-cm-9-20120524-NIGHTLY-captivatemtd-signed

with: gapps_ics_4.0.3_v11

The only feature not working for me is Google Maps. I get the "Unfortunately, Maps has stopped working" message when I attempt to launch it.

I have tried to clear the cache data. Any suggestions for other things to try?

I don't recognize that gapps version. You may want to try flashing the version from http://goo.im/gapps. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the maps application.

First, Maps won't work in every region. You need to be sure that you are not suffering from one of Google's restrictions.

Second, after an upgrade one or two of my Apps won't work. I have not had the problem with Maps but I have had it with others. I have found that un-installing the App and re-installing it from the market usually helps.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Maps should work in every location, although navigation might not. But either way, the app shouldn't crash on him.