• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
EddyC

CM for Huawei U8815/ Vodafone G300

CM for Huawei U8815 / Vodafone G300   21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested as a:

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

I thought I would start a thread to see if there is demand out there and if so see if any of the Dev's are able to look into developing CM 7/ 9 for the Huawei U8815/ Vodafone G300.

It has largely been touted as the replacement to the ZTE Balde due to it's great price point and high spec's. One of the key features is it's ARM 7 processor hopefully meaning an easy port from another device?

Anyway please post your interest either as a donator or a Dev!

Cheers

Ed

I'm interessted in a CM. +1

Yes please. Has anyone tried mocado root and cwm yet ??

Hi all,

+1 for CM

Running pauls root, CWM (modded over at modaco to handle extra partitions or somesuch) and running pauls deodexed and unbranded B888 rom. All good. I am missing CM though and I would be happy with CM7 right now as I am so used to it on my old Wildfire. This G300 is a great device and the Modaco forum is very useful.

All the best.

Hi all,

+1 for CM

Running pauls root, CWM (modded over at modaco to handle extra partitions or somesuch) and running pauls deodexed and unbranded B888 rom. All good. I am missing CM though and I would be happy with CM7 right now as I am so used to it on my old Wildfire. This G300 is a great device and the Modaco forum is very useful.

All the best.

I agree have rooted my U8815 but ideally would like CM. Here in NZ there is talk that Huawei are going to release an upgradeable version of ICS. Any body know any more ??

Check the link: http://www.androidmobile.co.nz/item/1295-huawei-low-cost-device-getting-ics

Another +1 for CM on the Huawei.

Also Huawei released the 2.6.38.6 kernel source for gingerbread today, so maybe that will help?

See:

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDU5NTk=

Yep installed that via OTA, Actually I found CM because like many others I was dissatisfied with the in call volume level and the external ringer volume.

So i installed the update and to tell the truth it didn't make much of a difference. Also my phone was dropping calls and just not ringing so they replaced my phone no problems at all. The phone doesn't drop off now but the volume issues still existed.After much searching/installation/and uninstalls of louder ringtone s/audio managers and volume controllers i have managed to find a reasonable compromise.

So that fixed my new problem is that now I know what's available I just cant stop tinkering. The bug has bitten and CM may be my Saviour :-)

Pleasee, we want official CM for this phonee! !! :)

Sent with my lovely 600mHz phone, with CyanogenMod7.2, with Tapatalk 2

It would be awesome if we got Cm for this Huawei model ;)

+1 for CM on U8815

+ thanx for root links

Edited by dr.slimm

I would like to add that ICS is already out for the G300. I used the Chinese ICS firmware to update my phone and that worked perfectly. The Chinese firmware doesn't have the google apps though, so I had to root the phone and use CWM to add those.

AFAIK, Huawei already published the kernel source for the GB firmware, so I guess they'll do the same for the ICS firmware sooner or later. That should make it easier to port CM9/CM10 to the G300, right?

edit: Also, the ICS firmware has a new baseband. I had my phone for only a day before I flashed it so I'm not sure if it wasn't loud enough before, but it sure is loud enough now :)

Edited by fiah84

I would like to add that ICS is already out for the G300. I used the Chinese ICS firmware to update my phone and that worked perfectly. The Chinese firmware doesn't have the google apps though, so I had to root the phone and use CWM to add those.

AFAIK, Huawei already published the kernel source for the GB firmware, so I guess they'll do the same for the ICS firmware sooner or later. That should make it easier to port CM9/CM10 to the G300, right?

FYI Huawei locked the bootloader on ICS for the G300. It's already been unlocked though (see modaco). I am running the chinese ICS, bootloader unlocked, rooted and CWM with gapps flashed. Works well, touch screen isnt as responsive as say atomicmod though.

FYI Huawei locked the bootloader on ICS for the G300. It's already been unlocked though (see modaco). I am running the chinese ICS, bootloader unlocked, rooted and CWM with gapps flashed. Works well, touch screen isnt as responsive as say atomicmod though.

Yeah I did the same, following this guide: http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

Had to get the market unlocker too because gmail vanished and was hidden censored from the market.

Edited by fiah84

+1

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I have just discovered this phone. I have been using a ZTE Blade CM7 which is brilliant, but I do like the look of the G300.

Is CM being developed for this phone? The price of the phone looks great!

Edited by zenders

This would be awesome, please CM support for this phone.

FYI :

Presenting CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300!

This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above.

Jelly Bean!

http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-2608/

I am also very interested in this. Have there been any news?

I would love an official CM10.1 for my Ascend G300

Phone Details.

Device: Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815)

Carrier: Vodafone AU

Android version: 2.3.6

Baseband version: 109808

Kernel version: 2.6.38.6-perf [email protected] #1

Build number: U8815-51V100R001C346B900

This works a few little bugs but it does work on baseband 109808 and 2030