BitZerOne

Difference between GalaxyS2 (SGH-I777) & AT&T GalaxyS2

7 posts in this topic

So before I go and get the latest nightly for CM9 have an odd question, what is the difference between GalaxyS2 (SGH-I777) & AT&T GalaxyS2?

I thought they were the same thing. How am I suppose to tell them apart? The main reason is Clockworkmod has different versions available and I don't want to flash the incorrect ROM.

As far as I know, the "Galaxy S2" is the international version, whereas the AT&T Galaxy S2 is one that was made specifically for AT&T. But I don't know how to verify which phone you have.

But according to your profile, you have listed that you have the SCH-I897, which is the AT&T version of the original Galaxy S (called the Captivate), not the S2.

As far as I know, the "Galaxy S2" is the international version, whereas the AT&T Galaxy S2 is one that was made specifically for AT&T. But I don't know how to verify which phone you have.

But according to your profile, you have listed that you have the SCH-I897, which is the AT&T version of the original Galaxy S (called the Captivate), not the S2.

Wrong phone in the profile, I've updated that. From this link http://en.wikipedia...._.28SGH-I777.29 It says they are the same. The GT-I9100G is the international version so I'm still confused.

The sticker under my phone says:

MODEL: SGH-I777

FCC ID: A3LSGHI777

On the front near the speaker is the AT&T logo

In Clockwork this is how they two are listed:

• Samsung AT&T GalaxyS2
  • Samsung GalaxyS2 (SGH-I777)

Seems odd to two builds for the same phone. Is the first choice possibly the SGH-I727 which is the LTE version?

Edited by BitZerOne

As best as I can tell, your last sentence is probably correct. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure. Maybe some searching on the xda forums would help you out (they have separate forums for those two phones).

No its not correct its the same phone. The 727 is the Skyrocket. Different phone completely different hardware and has nothing to do with the 777 other then sharing the Galaxy S family name. Read the change logs the device name was changed back in march when official nightlies started being built.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Edited by Monotremata

So before I go and get the latest nightly for CM9 have an odd question, what is the difference between GalaxyS2 (SGH-I777) & AT&T GalaxyS2?

I thought they were the same thing. How am I suppose to tell them apart? The main reason is Clockworkmod has different versions available and I don't want to flash the incorrect ROM.

The AT&T SGS2 and the SGH-i777 ARE THE SAME PHONE.

If you were looking at the CyanogenMod Downloads Database, the AT&T SGS2 is CM7, and the SGH-i777 is CM9.

Thats the only difference. They will have different Kernels, which in turn should have different CWM Recoveries depending which CM Update you have flashed.

Last time I Flashed a CM Update, it overwrote my Siyah Kernel (CWMTouch Recovery) and returned it back to CWM Recovery.

So if you Flashed the latest CM Update, you should have the latest CWM installed already.

Edited by leo9891

If you are looking to flash for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 then use the SGH i777 phone cm -modwork otherwise your back button stops working.