G.Gorila

CM For The Archos Tablets

44 posts in this topic

I recently purchased an Archos tablet and returned it due to poor performance on the software side. Is there any chance of you guys blessing these devices with your Holy magic. the archos design is real nice and I would love to see CM version ported to these devise. Please advise Android Gods.

Yes, Please! CM for Archos 7HT.

If Cyanogen were available for a tablet (which tablet that is), I'd certainly purchase one!

It would be great if Cyanogen could support a tablet. I own an Archos 7 Home Tablet, but its stuck with Android 1.5. As this tablets are barebones, we would just need the touchscreen and wifi to work, a lot easier than making a build for a phone hehe

To be totally honest it wouldn't be that hard to port over the cyanogenmod to the tablet... Just need to look at the source and what needs to be in place for the tablet... then recompile. of course I would need to get a tablet and do some homework on it first.. but very very doable.

Damn, my Archos 5 Android could really use an upgrade. We are still stuck on 1.6 (Donut). I mean to take advantage of this huge screen, especially with all the tweeks the Cyanogen crew has compiled into these roms, would be amazing. Plus, I think that it would bring Archos' tablets to the top, where they WOULD be if Archos would address all the issues I'm pretty sure they know about.

Thanks to anyone who has started to work on this port and BEST OF LUCK.

There is some development going on for the available tablets but with the archos 7HT and the other devices using the rockchip chipset there are some mayor issues going on because of the makers of the chipset not opensourcing their code. Until then, the ht7 is stuck with 1.5 android.

There is some 1.6 development going on but the dedicated hardware for video encoding only works on 1.5.

I REALLY hope teamdouche makes the cm port for the Augen pad come real. The chipset used in this tablet is also used in many other new tablets that are surfacing at the moment. Basically they are all the same rebranded/designed exterior, so cm ports for there tablets should be a breeze, once one port becomes reality.

Edited by btw lover

There is some development going on for the available tablets but with the archos 7HT and the other devices using the rockchip chipset there are some mayor issues going on because of the makers of the chipset not opensourcing their code. Until then, the ht7 is stuck with 1.5 android.

There is some 1.6 development going on but the dedicated hardware for video encoding only works on 1.5.

I REALLY hope teamdouche makes the cm port for the Augen pad come real. The chipset used in this tablet is also used in many other new tablets that are surfacing at the moment. Basically they are all the same rebranded/designed exterior, so cm ports for there tablets should be a breeze, once one port becomes reality.

I'll certainly be keeping my eye on it. I had an iPad which was ok, but pissed me off because it is so limited. In fact I didn't realise how much something could be limited until I tried to do simple things like view PDFs, watch non avi files, and watch videos over wireless. In fact it is totally useless it is so locked down.

Anyway fingers crossed one of the tablets gets rooted and Cyanogened soon, I don't care which one it is, I will buy it straight away! The main weakness of an Android tablet though would be the same as that of the phones - you don't get Angry Birds or Flight Control!

I'll certainly be keeping my eye on it. I had an iPad which was ok, but pissed me off because it is so limited. In fact I didn't realise how much something could be limited until I tried to do simple things like view PDFs, watch non avi files, and watch videos over wireless. In fact it is totally useless it is so locked down.

Anyway fingers crossed one of the tablets gets rooted and Cyanogened soon, I don't care which one it is, I will buy it straight away! The main weakness of an Android tablet though would be the same as that of the phones - you don't get Angry Birds or Flight Control!

I have the Archos 7HT, and have been toying around with the modded 1.5 firmwares some folks have thrown together. Hopefully I can set aside some time soon to look at the newly released kernel source and see what options we have.

The Archos 7HT GPL'd kernel source is 650MB so I cannot attach it. You can grab it here:

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=36922&start=0

Edited by lakehousetech

I have the Archos 7HT, and have been toying around with the modded 1.5 firmwares some folks have thrown together. Hopefully I can set aside some time soon to look at the newly released kernel source and see what options we have.

The Archos 7HT GPL'd kernel source is 650MB so I cannot attach it. You can grab it here:

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=36922&start=0

Archos' upcoming tablets look much more appealing than their current offerings, IMO. Still, would prefer a CM build for those too, would be willing to donate for a dev unit when the time comes.

Archos' upcoming tablets look much more appealing than their current offerings, IMO. Still, would prefer a CM build for those too, would be willing to donate for a dev unit when the time comes.

Memory management in addition to many other improvements should allow Froyo to work well on the A7HT's hardware. I think it's a worthwhile endeavor.

Memory management in addition to many other improvements should allow Froyo to work well on the A7HT's hardware. I think it's a worthwhile endeavor.

I agree it's a worth while endevour and their are many other users like myself who would happily donate, pay, etc... for something that gets the A7HT off 1.5.

Chris

Just registered to say:

It would be great to have CM on the Archos 7 HT!!

Definitely would donate.

Any updates?? :)

I would like to ear from a dev how much a port could cost, as I am considering starting a bounty.

I would so buy one of the new archos tablets either the 7o or the 101 if you guys ported cyanogen mod. I think they have arm processors

I would support it in a heartbeat

Cm for archos 5 FTW

Well I definitely buying an Archos 101 as soon as they are released and it would be a godsend if I could install Cyanogenmod on it.

I switched to CM6 on my HTC Dream just few day ago, and it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! I'd like to have it running also on my Archos 7 Home tablet... Android 1.5 is so limited... :(

If a proyect will be started with froyo I would donate (in my possibilities, I'm only a student...).

Thanks for your work!

PS: sorry 4 my english... :]

I have an Archos5 IT and 7HT. I would donate again and again to have a *real* ROM on those two devices.

Just got my Archos 10.1 too and i would love to see a cyanogenmod-build for it :) But first we need to root that thing.

Well I ended up getting a ViewSonic G-tablet. The specs are a lot better and there have already been 3 different roms released for the device including Cyanogenmod 6.1 beta. The tablet is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow the 22nd.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=842

http://forum.tegratab.com/viewforum.php?f=4

http://www.comhack.com/