• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
prame24

Samsung Galaxy S (SHW-M110S)

18 posts in this topic

I wonder this ROM is successfully works on Korean Version of Samsung Galaxy S (SCH-M110S).

I can't find about this in here.

ps. Sorry for my bad English skill. :(

Theres a chance once it comes out, might have some bugs, but well have to wait and see as the ROM comes out

So, I noticed in the sticky that the US versions of the phone are in line and planned to be supported by cyanogen, but was wondering if the same is true for the Korean variant? I know straight up rooting the Korean variant of the phone is different from rooting the US versions of the phone as well, so I'd assume a similar situation for CM 6.1 because of the differences in hardware and software. Any further insight would be great, thanks!

Edited by meowmeow

Google or search the forums, this has been answered a few times already.

No support yet for any of them, once the vibrants done theyll go from there.

Hi everybody! I have a question but before asking the question i have to say that cyanogen rocks!!!

OK! Here is my question! I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY S SHW-M110S (korean). I bought it from ebay and wanted to install a SAMSUNG GALAXY S i9000 firmware so that i have language options. is it possible to do it?

Thank you!

Regards.

www.BUURAK.com

Edited by x-poke

Hi everybody! I have a question but before asking the question i have to say that cyanogen rocks!!!

OK! Here is my question! I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY S SHW-M110S (korean). I bought it from ebay and wanted to install a SAMSUNG GALAXY S i9000 firmware so that i have language options. is it possible to do it?

Thank you!

Regards.

www.BUURAK.com

I'm in the same situation and I don't know what to do.

Flashing the international i9000 firmware is a no go because you get continuous FC and the SIM card doesn't work.

Moreover if you try to change language you get even more FC!

I own a 16GB Korean Samsung Galaxy S M110S, at the moment is running the latest Nakyup custom firmware

but I'd love to use Cyanogen on it because I have it on my G1 and I find it awesome.

Thing is the international i9000 firmware doesn't really work on the M110S because of slightly different hardware (lot of FC and phone part not working).

Is there a chance to have CM running on M110S?

I wanted to open this topic since I know there are a lot of M110S owners out there and there's not official topic on this phone in these forums.

I own a 16GB Korean Samsung Galaxy S M110S, at the moment is running the latest Nakyup custom firmware

but I'd love to use Cyanogen on it because I have it on my G1 and I find it awesome.

Thing is the international i9000 firmware doesn't really work on the M110S because of slightly different hardware (lot of FC and phone part not working).

Is there a chance to have CM running on M110S?

I wanted to open this topic since I know there are a lot of M110S owners out there and there's not official topic on this phone in these forums.

Someone has to develop for it.

We can't because we're not owning such devices.

Someone has to develop for it.

We can't because we're not owning such devices.

Too bad I have just one and I'm not rich so I can't donate if for development. :-(

Hardware wise is the same as the i9000, the only differences apparently are the lack of video out and radio and the presence of a DVB antenna.

Probably the first step would be managing to run a standard modified i9000 firmware on it.

If I can help testing somehow...well I'm here!

I want to use cm on my m110s, too. :P

Many Chinese are using m110s and i9000, but there are not good ROMs for m110s.

HI ^^

I've been using S Korea is the Galaxy. South Korea is of course, who I am ^ ^

I do a lot of English .... Appreciate your understanding.

I want to know about it today, I came to the i9000 forum.

Baseband version of the phone does not get caught ....

In addition, there will not be home key.

I open my Keylayout seemed I9000 is a four-button.

I am a non-I9000 spleen, sweetheart I do not know the 4 button, 4 buttons going to fit?

Also, download the source is not tore receives a line error.

jackd does not have a download.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/park/bin/repo", line 603, in <module>

main(sys.argv[1:])

File "/home/park/bin/repo", line 570, in main

_Init(args)

File "/home/park/bin/repo", line 184, in _Init

_CheckGitVersion()

File "/home/park/bin/repo", line 213, in _CheckGitVersion

proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child

raise child_exception

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I would like to solve.

And, the inability to baseband is questionable what to do.

I speak English and have little use as a translator.

Understanding would certainly appreciate ^ ^

So .... Read what I wish to thank all those who have. ^^

Have a good day ^^ ;

Hello. I'm currently trying to port CM to shw-m110s - korean galaxy s deriviate. I'm using galaxysmtd as a base and i stumbled upon cypress-touchkey.bin file absence. As far as i understand this is binary firmware for some device/chip. I got no such file on my original firmware. Can anyone provide a bit more details - what is this file and what is it used for in CM?

Btw i found some differences in naming of some libraries on my original firmware compared to galaxy s firmware - i.e. "gps.s5pc110.so" vs "gps.aries.so". Does this means that shw-m110s is based upon different SoC?

Edited by Pyromaniac84

Hi,

I cannot also access the cypress-touchkey.bin Where and how can I access it or which one is the proprietary file that has replaced it?

Cheers!

N

Hi any updates on this? I want to run CM on my SHW-M110S to make use of OpenVPN.

Model: Galaxy S Anycall (SHW-M110S)

Firmware: 2.3.4

Kernel: 2.6.35.7

ROM: Default stock gingerbread

Hi any updates on this?

Yep. Here is your update: There would be no CM for shw-m110s. Personally, I gonna buy mi-one asap and forget about this nightmare forever.

Edited by Pyromaniac84

5,802 views @ 2 weeks

I got bad news for you: first post is signed as "Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:45 PM".

No one wants to develop this port. Well... There are a few people who wants actually. But look at my question to original galaxy s owners/developers. No one wants to help (or no one knows how their firmware works - it does not matter). Such a simple question remains unanswered for almost a month, so i do not want to move any further.

If ever there's a port for this device, I'd be forever grateful. I'd be happy to help test as well.

The custom ROM I have now is a bit on the crashy side, though powerful. (Nakyup -- http://people.sarang.net)