• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Synical_99

CM9 on Epic 4G

45 posts in this topic

Calling all Epic 4G users! Check out the progress.

Sent from my CM 7 Epic MTD using tapatalk

Pvt.JoKeR and bgrch like this

YEAH!!!!!!

This is very cool glad to see that coming, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

sooo sweet.. can't wait! :)

Omfg I can't wait this is best news of the month

So glad to see that the Devs haven't given up on the Epic for the newer phones!!

I know, right? Honestly, I think that's CYANOGEN(mod)'s best side... Breathing near-eternal life into supposedly "dead" phones, until they literally CAN'T handle the newest thing, unlike the idiots at Samsung who claim "the Epic can't handle ICS", which is really just their way of saying "We can't fit the stupid BS Touchwiz crap that no one actually LIKES on ICS"

Adam Forrest likes this

I cant wait HURRY....

I know, right? Honestly, I think that's CYANOGEN(mod)'s best side... Breathing near-eternal life into supposedly "dead" phones, until they literally CAN'T handle the newest thing, unlike the idiots at Samsung who claim "the Epic can't handle ICS", which is really just their way of saying "We can't fit the stupid BS Touchwiz crap that no one actually LIKES on ICS"

that is the main reason why i support CM and will continue to and will only buy phones they support they have a customor for life in me cuz they did what samsprint wouldnt with the epic took a great phone and made it better and extend the life of the phone far enough to where i dont feel i got ripped off.

But to be honest end of life for the epic was prob the best thing that could happen to us since that ment all the source code was released for our phone that has lead to the drastic advancements we have had here in just the last 3 or 4 months it was almost a year before we got an offical GB rom.

I cant wait for this.

In all fairness, there ARE people who like Touchwiz, and there ARE things added onto Android by OEMs that are liked enough that even hackers use them (swipe away alerts, swipe left/right contacts to call or text, and pretty much every decently functional lockscreen).

So while it's easy to shrug off a whole slew of OEM software, it's dishonest.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I don't see how it's dishonest... I'm just stating an opinion. If I said that the OEMs didn't add any nice extra features, it would be dishonest. But I didn't. :-p

At any rate, I do have to admit I DO miss the "resend" option in the Samsung messaging app. It's irritating to have to copy the text and paste, resend, and delete the failed one in CM7.

But either way, the way I see it, any mod could easily port such features onto CM if they wanted, you know? And honestly, if someone likes Touchwiz that much, they could just choose NOT to upgrade to the official ICS if Samsung released it.

<br />In all fairness, there ARE people who like Touchwiz, and there ARE things added onto Android by OEMs that are liked enough that even hackers use them (swipe away alerts, swipe left/right contacts to call or text, and pretty much every decently functional lockscreen).<br /><br />So while it's easy to shrug off a whole slew of OEM software, it's dishonest.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Easy solution. This site, this thread, these topics aren't about Touchwiz. This is not Touchwiz, this is CyanogenMod. If you want or like Touchwiz, go use it?<br /><br />Also, swipe away alerts is not a function of Touchwiz. It is a function of CyanogenMod however, originally ported "I believe" from ICS.<br /><br />The reason the previous poster said what he did is because Samsung used the cop out of "their" UI as means to ensure their flagship devices of "only a year ago" that were "all" released with majorly "outdated" software then pushed back, pushed back, and pushed back on it's updates till each time one was finished it was still "majorly" outdated software would not or in their dishonest statement "could not" be updated to a current software that has better performance and functionality than their wannabe UI. Have you played around with ICS? Nothing Touchwiz has, or any UI for that matter, is in all actuality needed anymore. Samsung is lazy and they are money hungry. Why would they want to replace their shitty attempt at software for something that was built even better on phones more than capable of running it when they can give you a half assed excuse forcing you to buy their "flagship" device of this year so you can go through it all over again?<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk Edited by Zeinzu

... But to be honest end of life for the epic was prob the best thing that could happen to us since that ment all the source code was released for our phone that has lead to the drastic advancements we have had here in just the last 3 or 4 months it was almost a year before we got an offical GB rom.

a) I don't think we've hit EoL yet. We temporarily were EoL'ed, but then they removed us from that list. Maybe we're back on, but I don't think so.

B) Samsprint damn sure didn't release "all" of the source code, as you proclaim. They released a lot, to be sure, but they've done that for every official release. There are still many proprietary drivers and such that they have not open-sourced, such as the RIL stack (what was needed to fix e911).

c) Instead, our badass devs just reverse-engineered and kanged what they didn't have source to!

Make sure you're not spreading misinformation, some people will rip you a new one for that.

Easy solution. This site, this thread, these topics aren't about Touchwiz. This is not Touchwiz, this is CyanogenMod. If you want or like Touchwiz, go use it?... ... ... ... ... ...

Rant much? LOL!

Wow, lol, surprised by the heated reaction to my post a little. For what it's worth, I was reacting to the line that "nobody likes" Touchwiz, which isn't an opinion--it's an assertion. A technicality, sure, but still. You can argue that stuff all you want, but that's not what I was doing. I was just trying to inject some reason into the subject since all too often this community gets carried away with hatred for anything 'official' and adoration for anything 'hacked'. I just think people should (a) acknowledge the existence of fans of products even if they personally aren't one, and (B) acknowledge that there are good ideas coming from proprietary channels.

Oh, and the swipe away alerts was a Motoblur feature ages ago. I remember seeing it for the first time on a Droid X, but it may have predated even that.

guess i need to go change my pants now :-(

Wow, lol, surprised by the heated reaction to my post a little. For what it's worth, I was reacting to the line that "nobody likes" Touchwiz, which isn't an opinion--it's an assertion. A technicality, sure, but still. You can argue that stuff all you want, but that's not what I was doing. I was just trying to inject some reason into the subject since all too often this community gets carried away with hatred for anything 'official' and adoration for anything 'hacked'. I just think people should (a) acknowledge the existence of fans of products even if they personally aren't one, and ( B) acknowledge that there are good ideas coming from proprietary channels.

Oh, and the swipe away alerts was a Motoblur feature ages ago. I remember seeing it for the first time on a Droid X, but it may have predated even that.

lol, if it's a technicality, why does it matter so much? I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with common sense that I was making a generalization. If we all decided to be so "technical", we'd be ripping on each other for making invalid claims all the time.

And saying it's "dishonest" is MORE than technically a poor choice of words, too. To say what I said was dishonest is to imply that I was intentionally speaking an untruth when knowing the truth is otherwise.

Not trying to flame, just saying. I'm not mad or anything. :-p

And Zeinzu, thank you for your... ardent support. ;-)

a) I don't think we've hit EoL yet. We temporarily were EoL'ed, but then they removed us from that list. Maybe we're back on, but I don't think so.

B) Samsprint damn sure didn't release "all" of the source code, as you proclaim. They released a lot, to be sure, but they've done that for every official release. There are still many proprietary drivers and such that they have not open-sourced, such as the RIL stack (what was needed to fix e911).

c) Instead, our badass devs just reverse-engineered and kanged what they didn't have source to!

Make sure you're not spreading misinformation, some people will rip you a new one for that.

Rant much? LOL!

well as far as epic CM developers on XDA all the souce code needed for our device was released that we needed to go offical for CM that is what i ment

Hey folks, important news related to CM9!

http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-support-epic-cm.html

The Epic CM team is now accepting donations for the first time in order to buy wicked fast build server hardware. Devs do dozens of builds per day, so faster builds allow quicker debugging and thus more frequent bug fixing. Even small contributions like $5 would be helpful when multiplied across our very large community.

http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/q-irc-meeting-jan-30th-800pm-est.html

Join us Monday, January 30th, 2012 at 8:00pm EST we will have a public Q&A session in the #epic channel on the IRC irc.irondust.net.

[20:12:08] <@warren_> We are releasing CM9 TODAY!

This was from the Q&A IRC meeting. This makes me so happy :'(

WHAAA??? You better not be trolling! :-p

Working great!.........loving CM9!!!!!!.......jumped over w/ about same effort as loading a nightly, as I was backed up w/ fresh nandroid (N32)............AWESOME.

Edited by sonarchist

Yep CM9 is great and for a alpha build its really far along so im really looking forwared to a ics daily driver we are so close but just not there yet.

not work 3g data(((((((((((((((

not work 3g data(((((((((((((((
Yes it does. Re-download everything, wipe, and start over fresh and clean.