FenrisChroarth

Skyrocket

6 posts in this topic

I am on AT&T and due for a new phone soon. I was looking at my choices and decided on the Galaxy S II Skyrocket, however I don't want to get it if I can't get Cyanogenmod on it. Will the standard Galaxy S II CM work on the Skyrocket, or are the hardware differences too much? If the hardware differences are too much, does anyone know of any plan to add CM support to the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket?

r0ckstarferlife likes this

I just got the Skyrocket for Christmas, and I hope that CyanogenMod 9 eventually includes this device. I know it has a different processor than the normal Galaxy S II, but Cyanogen already supports a huge range of devices, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Skyrocket on ATT is LTE based so there is a different radio component to be included. I have the Skyrocket also and am hoping to see a CyanogenMod soon also.

Brian

I am on AT&T and due for a new phone soon. I was looking at my choices and decided on the Galaxy S II Skyrocket, however I don't want to get it if I can't get Cyanogenmod on it. Will the standard Galaxy S II CM work on the Skyrocket, or are the hardware differences too much? If the hardware differences are too much, does anyone know of any plan to add CM support to the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket?

Flash the tmobile SGS2 cm7 kang thats on xda/rootzwiki, and replace the ril libs/binarys, and hope for the best =]