android:2.3.6

4.0.0.2ClockworkMod

Finding update package ...

Opening update package ...

Verifiyng update package ...

E: failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted

I tried the recovery method and after the installation does not start SGS2.

It was necessary to use the Restore to return to normal.

Update used: update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2-signed.zip

I tried the two modes

unsuccessfully

Tutorial executed

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Full_Update_Guide

Can anyone help me

Edited by Harley Santana

The error message means it loaded the Samsung stock recovery and not CWM. Try entering recovery with Vol.Up+Home+Power On instead of manager apps. If that fails too, you need to check your procedure of installing CWM.

I tried the method CWM and follow the tutorial but when the update completes and I reboot it does not raise the CyanogenMod he stands on the start screen when you turn

ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.2

Edited by Harley Santana

Try installing the CF-Root Kernel over a Samsung stock firmware with Odin. That has CWM included and should work in any case.

Edited by Loc2262

How so?

Where to find this kernel?

I have run three ways without success.

Kernel Version - XWKI4

ClockWorkmod 4.0.1.5

CWM Manaver V.20

I also run manually and also did not start cm7.1

look at the Videos

1-

2-

Edited by Harley Santana

Where to find the kernel: Google is your friend. :P Search for "CF-Root", and the first hit is the correct one.

It works with other kernels too, but I used CF-Root and I know that works nicely.

Important is: Start with a fresh unmodified Samsung Stock ROM, and flash CF-Root via Odin. Do not use the ROM Manager, neither for flashing nor to get CWM on, it can give lots of trouble on the SGS2. CF-Root contains an own version of it called "CWM Manager". You can use that one.

When CF-Root is installed, put the Cyanogen installation ZIP on your SD card, turn off the phone, and power it up with Vol.Up+Home. That will get you into CWM. Flash Cyanogen from there, with data/cache/dalvik wipe etc., like listed in the guides.

Important: The CM installer has an issue on the SGS2. When the flashing of CM takes ~5 seconds: flash it again, the first attempt often fails and would lead to boot stuck on yellow triangle. The flashing needs to take ~15 seconds.

Also, you should use the nightlies instead of the stable, check the first post in this sub-forum.

Edited by Loc2262

Thanks

Updated with version nightlies

started without problems now

Edited by Harley Santana

Just a General happy x-mas you all flashaholics!

RLUK likes this

HI EVRYONE I HAVE COMPLETLEY THE SAME PROBLEM AND ALSO I HAVE XWKI4 AND IF I TRY AND CF-ROOT IT WONT BOOT AND ALSO RECOVERY DOSENT WORK ONLY THE DOWNLOAD MODE SO please help wich one cf-root shouild i chose?? (sry for bad english)

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I rooted my phone, using a slightly different kernel than the original one, after which I installed clockworkmod. I flashed the recovery and was ready to make a backup of my current setup.

That's where things started to go wrong.

It reboots and tries to start up the recovery and I get the same message:

E: failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

Also, when I manually startup into download mode, I get this:

Can’t access /system/csc/KPN/sytem/

Successfully applied multi-csc

KPN is my provider. I checked. there is no directory /system.... (or /.system/...)

seeing the above, I tried to flash CF-Root, but the problem is, whatever I do, I can't flash it into my phone with Odin. I get a connection (yellow tile, port#), but as soon as I try to upload the tar file, nothing happens. It just sits there, nothing gets transferred.

Phone still responds while I do that. I ended up selecting <reboot phone> on the recovery. I was scared sh#tless, thought I'd end up with a brick, but somehow it still works fine.

Clockworkmod allows me to flash 2 recoveries: Clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 and 4.0.1.4 That's it.

Any suggestions anyone?