Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rosenkrantz

Stucked on yellow triangle after installing 7.1

14 posts in this topic

this is a well-known and 1000-times-answered issue. :)

Thank you. I thought that this kind of issue would be at least the title of a forum thread, rather than comments in general discussion. It took me many readings before believing that you really should flash it twice in a row. I think that a so "unexpected" procedure should be stated clearly in the installation guide.

By the way, after solving this issue by repeated flashing, I got into the boot-loop issue. I solved this by repeated flashing. Then, after installing google maps the device bricked. I solved this by repeated flashing again. Now everything runs fine :D except for the "music over earphones way too loud" issue that I've not been able to flash yet.

While you're at it: check out the pinned thread here. http://forum.cyanoge...ened-to-stable/

Sorry, but it points to nothing ^_^

I now have the same problem. I flashed my phone with the CF-Root. So far, so good. Decided to install CM7.1 Stable. Phone never boots into CM, just get stuck on the triangle. I rebooted into CWMRecovery and tried to install CM again as mentioned above, installation gets aborted.

Somebody knows what to do?

You should try to wipe data/factory reset and flash again. It helped in my case..

@rosenkrantz: Mh, strange, the link works fine for me. The one you quoted does not though.

@DeathAdder: Please explain "installation gets aborted".

I always wiped before installation. Still gets aborted.

I tried the nightlies instead of the stable mod, still the same problem.

Here the code in CWMRecovery after installation attempt:

-- Installing: /sdcard/external_sd/cm_galaxys2:full-116.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100T" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100T"
E:Error in /sdcard/external_sd/cm_galaxys2_full-116.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
[/CODE]

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100M" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100T" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-I9100T"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
[/CODE]

When you flash from CWM recovery, are you using "install zip from sdcard" or 'apply update from sdcard'?

I used the way described in the CM Wiki here.

I did "install zip from sdcard".

But my problem now is different, but similar.

Edited by DeathAdder

What device exactly do you have? The message you see means that the Cyanogen installer detected an unsupported device.

@Deathadder

Which rom were u using before?Have u tried installing Nightlies?

Same happened with me.

I was on Galnet Miui,flashed the stable twice,dint work !!!!

but i den downloaded nightlies,did full wipe,flashed it twice.Works fine !!!

try flashing nightlies & then try stable.

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
[/CODE]

I just bought my SGS2 today and am trying to install CM7 as well, and I'm getting exactly the same problem as you. It's maddening and I can't figure out how to resolve it.

Thinking about it, though, I have a T-mobile SGS2 (model number SGH-T989). Does this version of CM7 not support this version of the SGS2?

Edited by gerrylum

this worked for me i dont know why try togleing script asserts and signature identification this may help

I just bought my SGS2 today and am trying to install CM7 as well, and I'm getting exactly the same problem as you. It's maddening and I can't figure out how to resolve it.

Thinking about it, though, I have a T-mobile SGS2 (model number SGH-T989). Does this version of CM7 not support this version of the SGS2?

Have a look at this list - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_FAQ

Hello!

I have the same problem and I'm not able to boot the phone into CWMRecovery pressing vol- and power on buttons.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

The button combination for recovery is "Volume Up + Home + Power". Keep the power button pressed until the boot logo appears. Then release the power button, but keep the other two pressed until the recovery menu appears.

Edited by Loc2262