• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
TheRoadrunner

What are Profiles?

6 posts in this topic

A very thorough and fantastic profile manager is Phone Weaver. It does not work with the CM profiles, but adds a wealth of amazing profile power to your phone. It is definitely a must have app for my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thank you rcarljohnson for pointing me at Phone Weaver.

I have already forgotten all about CM profiles :)

Best regards

TheRoadrunner

Profiles are like the old-school Nokia profiles, but on steroids.

Steroids, but also limitations, or am I missing something?

I am a new (and very happy) CM user, but I find these profiles settings very customizable, but not vey friendly.

Why isn't there a specific widget to rapidly change profile (car, home, office...) and why - above all - isn't there an icon to remind me which profile I am currently using?

I tried to eliminate all CM profiles but the default one (not removable), and to use the simple and easy

profiles app, but it just doesn't work fine together with CM default profile: ringtones, notifications don't change properly ...

Will other "profile" apps work better with CM, any workaround?

Thank you in advance from an italian CM newbie

;)

I have no idea. I know a lot of people praised them when they came in, but I have no desire to use profiles. All I do is silence my phone when I get to work and those other times it is necessary. I have never really looked into the profile options for CM and/or Android.

I do know there is a widget made by the person who coded everything for profiles, and it costs somewhere around a buck. And there are other apps out there. But what is good is something you will need to find for yourself (or from others... I know there were a few mentioned here).

I tried to eliminate all CM profiles but the default one (not removable), and to use the simple and easy

profiles app

, but it just doesn't work fine together with CM default profile: ringtones, notifications don't change properly ...

Will other "profile" apps work better with CM, any workaround?

This really is the one thing that I'm sorely missing. Automation apps like Tasker and Impel are unable to access Bluetooth and Wifi controls because Cyanogenmod has its firm claws in them :)

Does anyone know of an automation app that actually works with Cyanogenmod for Wifi/BT?

Going to do a bit of necro posting here but is there any app that works with the CM profiles? I really don't need any notification at 0300 if I get an email.

Never mind, I was poking around and found a built in way to disable the notification lights in Quiet hours.

Edited by Pebcak-

This really is the one thing that I'm sorely missing. Automation apps like Tasker and Impel are unable to access Bluetooth and Wifi controls because Cyanogenmod has its firm claws in them :)

Does anyone know of an automation app that actually works with Cyanogenmod for Wifi/BT?

It's not CM that has their claws on it. I do t recall the exact version but I'm o. Kitkat 4.4.4 (cm 11) and Google has disabled the ability to have apps toggle the GPS. I've successfully used BT and WiFi toggling with my rooted galaxy nexus as superuser. I eventually came across an app called e-robot which successfully allows me to change GPS too. I also installed Secure Settings and my profile manager to cover all bases. Next is NFC chips and voice activate so I can truly have seemless hands free in my car with the cheapest solution available. Best of luck to you.