fabio84

Samsung Galaxy S2 HDC A9100 chinese mtk6573

640 posts in this topic

Try the same thing as above but then with only the following recovery image: http://dl.getdropbox...91/recovery.img

After that try the 2.3.5 nandroid.

Oh Dear,

Before your addinf this recovery file ... i tried the same procedure with the files which recived from the supplier ... it started detecting the phone ... flashing ... 0% .. 10% .. and so on ... till ... 100% then THE PHONE DEAD :(((( not powered on any more!!!

Do you have any advice!!!

Regards,

Amir...

Oh Dear,

Before your addinf this recovery file ... i tried the same procedure with the files which recived from the supplier ... it started detecting the phone ... flashing ... 0% .. 10% .. and so on ... till ... 100% then THE PHONE DEAD :(((( not powered on any more!!!

Do you have any advice!!!

Regards,

Amir...

Try inserting it with the wall charger, if you then don't see anything happening then we've got a problem but if it lights up the screen or even show some text/image then I suggest to charge it fully by letting it charge for +/- 5 hour and then try again with only a recovery as I said above.

Try inserting it with the wall charger, if you then don't see anything happening then we've got a problem but if it lights up the screen or even show some text/image then I suggest to charge it fully by letting it charge for +/- 5 hour and then try again with only a recovery as I said above.

No ... Nothing at all...

BLACK W/O any action while charging it!!! and i'm sure that it is fully charged.

is it gone?

everything boots up but i have deleted default launcher2.apk any ideas what to do? really foolish!

Edited by rayner123

everything boots up but i have deleted default launcher2.apk any ideas what to do? really foolish!

I think you can download another launcher pro from the market.

Regards,

Amir...

I think you can download another launcher pro from the market.

Regards,

Amir...

I have got wifi but I cant connect to it because I did a wipe data/factory reset in the recovery ( by linerty )and i cant access the wifi settings in settings! The phone still comes up on the market As "HDC A9100D".

Dont i have to sign in into my phone & on my computer? I was planning to top-up, enable data and install the the go launcher ex from the play store using my computer!

What do you think?

Thanks!

Edited by rayner123

@ Seahorsepip

Was the Original Samsung battery successful on you HDC A9100©?

Thanks!

No ... Nothing at all...

BLACK W/O any action while charging it!!! and i'm sure that it is fully charged.

is it gone?

\you can try to remove the battery and wait a few sec then try the flasher tool again if it then doesn't recognize the phone I would send it for repair :/

\you can try to remove the battery and wait a few sec then try the flasher tool again if it then doesn't recognize the phone I would send it for repair :/

I tried, but even the computer couldn't recognize the phone...

when i connect the phone to the computer i hear the sound of connecting and after a few seconds hearing the sound of disconnecting from the PC.

Shall i send it to the supplier for repair?

Regards,

Amir...

I have got wifi but I cant connect to it because I did a wipe data/factory reset in the recovery ( by linerty )and i cant access the wifi settings in settings! The phone still comes up on the market As "HDC A9100D".

Dont i have to sign in into my phone & on my computer? I was planning to top-up, enable data and install the the go launcher ex from the play store using my computer!

What do you think?

Thanks!

I couldn't understand all you said :) but you can install the apps by dowloading the apps from the PC to the phone.

@ Seahorsepip

Was the Original Samsung battery successful on you HDC A9100©?

Thanks!

I tried it 2 times and it's working well ... but i don't knew if it will make a problems with the phone later or no!!!

anyhow, it fit with the phone (reversed) right to left ...

Do we have a battery with more than 1650 amp... for example 2000mamp ... it will be better.

Any one who want the Samsung Digital Clock widget! here! https://dl-web.dropb....apk?w=e48dbcb1

It is giving ...

Error (403)

Regards,

Amir...

I tried, but even the computer couldn't recognize the phone...

when i connect the phone to the computer i hear the sound of connecting and after a few seconds hearing the sound of disconnecting from the PC.

Shall i send it to the supplier for repair?

Regards,

Amir...

Hmm I would do that then since that seems the only option if we can't write any firmware on it anymore :/

Edited by seahorsepip

Hmm I would do that then since that seems the only option if we can't write any firmware on it anymore :/

<_<

What do you think?

Thanks!

I think you can install a launcher (also Launcher2.apk) using your PC (better if is XP os).

You can do it using ADB interface or using Android Commander that should be easier;

download Android Commander and install it (need to previous install either ADB and Java, it will ask it to you) then connect the phone to the PC (drivers!) and open Android Commander ... it should recognize the phone and so you can now install the apk you want.

Second method could be a file.zip to flash directly from SD card but you should have already installed the custom recovery from linerty....

Otherwise only an hard reset is the last option....

Good luck! :)

Nice guide mate ^^

Step by step guide to upgrade the HDC A9100 S2 stock ROM 2.3.4 into 2.3.5 using nandroid restore

Note: Be sure that your phone was already rooted using SuperOneClick - Download Link

Requirements: (links provided)

1. MobileUncle MTK Android Tools Kit - Download Link

2. Backup HDC S II Android 2.3.5 - Download Link

3. Nandroid Backup 2.3.5 for Recovery from linerty - Download Link

4. Custom A9100 Recovery - Download Link

Step by step guide:

1. After downloading all the required files extract the files nandroid.rar and backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.rar to any folder you want (desktop is the easiest location) now you will see 2 folders nandroid and backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.

2. Delete the boot.img & system.img files from folder backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.

3. Now move all the files inside backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5 folder to nandroid\A9100_MT6573\BS-20120125-1307 folder so that all the files will be in 1 folder which is nandroid\A9100_MT6573\BS-20120125-1307

4. Extract the recovery.img file from a9100 recovery.zip

5. Copy the recovery.img, nandroid folder, Mobileuncle-MTK-Android-Tools-Kit-m44tools.apk to your SD Card root directory

6. Now using you Root Explorer or built in File Manager, install the Mobileuncle-MTK-Android-Tools-Kit-m44tools.apk

7. After installation open the Mobileuncle Tools and then select Flash Recovery From SD Card and select the recovery.img (be sure to select the right file if you have other .img files in you root directory).

8. Your phone now will boot in Android system Recovery

9. Using the volume up/down select Backup/Restore and press Power key

10. Select Nandroid restore and press Power key

11. Select A9100_MT6573 and press Power key

12. Select BS-20120125-1307 and press Power key

13. Press Power key again to confirm the restore operation

14. Wait until restore complete.

15. Reboot system now

That's it! Enjoy your A9100 phone with 2.3.5 ROM

You can reset your phone to factory settings to have a new clean 2.3.5 ROM. Just navigate to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset.

I recommend installing RAM Manager Pro and SD Booster increase the persformance of the phone.

HI, I own an A9100 S2, bought in the site www.android-sale.com.

I installed the C and D upgrades and all went well, it seems the GPS

may work, now at least the phone sees some satellites although it did not lock to any yet...

I'll keep trying.

On rev. C satellites were appearing but were gone after some time.

On rev. D the are in 'view' so far..

On rev C and rev D I keep having the message

The Process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly

does it happen to anyone else? is there a solution?

Also I notice tha in rev. D the home button stopped working

to bring the unlock screen alive, now only the power button does that.

I have seen a comment on button mapping that I'll search again to

try to fix it.

If you have any comment or help I'd be pleased to hear.

kind regards and congrats to those who worked on the upgrades,

we are still waiting for something new and official!

Denis

ps. found the rack on post #230 to bring back unlock screen with home button

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/37450-samsung-galaxy-s2-hdc-a9100-chinese-mtk6573/page__view__findpost__p__302210

Edited by denisds

may work, now at least the phone sees some satellites although it did not lock to any yet...

I'll keep trying.

try to fix it.

Denis

http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__302210

I thought that the homebutton was disabled for wakeing up the phone in all the firmwares :P

And if you got a standard non C/D HDC A9100 you can try what you want but getting GPS working is kinda hard with it without having to open the phone and modificate it, maybe you can see sattelites but the conencion would be bad.

I don't know anything about the media error, never had it myself, can you provide a logcat of the error?

I'll keep trying.

try to fix it.

Denis

http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__302210

i would suggest to backup all the apps you want! Then boot into the custom recovery by linerty & do a wipe dalvik cache. If the wiping dalvik cache doesnt work do a full wipe/data reset! Happened to me when i flashed the 2.3.5 rom. Just do a wipe in recovery! & then restore the apps using the app you backed them up with!

Edited by rayner123

Done! solved the issue using adb install! Installed Go launcher ex

Edited by rayner123

Done! solved the issue using adb install! Installed Go launcher ex

Congratulations ... :)

Congratulations ... :)

did you contact the seller about your phone?

Hope all goes well if they ask you want a new handset you might considering looking at this http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods-7151-JIAYU+G2+40+Inch+IPS+Capacitive+Screen+Android+40+MT6575+1GHz+8MP+1GB+RAM+4GB+ROM+GPS+Smarphone.html

I thought that the homebutton was disabled for wakeing up the phone in all the firmwares :P

And if you got a standard non C/D HDC A9100 you can try what you want but getting GPS working is kinda hard with it without having to open the phone and modificate it, maybe you can see sattelites but the conencion would be bad.

I don't know anything about the media error, never had it myself, can you provide a logcat of the error?

Yes, the home button worked for waking the phone in the original version, and also after

I installed the update.zip from the ladypanda blog (to try to bring GPS alive).

With Rev. C it continued working, but it stopped when I upgraded to Rev. D.

I'll try to make a logcat and post here, thank you for your response.

Denis

i would suggest to backup all the apps you want! Then boot into the custom recovery by linerty & do a wipe dalvik cache. If the wiping dalvik cache doesnt work do a full wipe/data reset! Happened to me when i flashed the 2.3.5 rom. Just do a wipe in recovery! & then restore the apps using the app you backed them up with!

I'l try to provide soon a logcat of the error as demanded by seahorsepip

What I observed is that the error messages appear just after I restart or turn on the phone

and anytime I enable/disable the mobile network (airplane mode).

Thank you for your response, I'll try it if there is no other simple solution.

Edit PS.: It seems the play store stopped working, when I open the app

i get the error message, sometimes it closes.

I can search apps but they won't install.

Denis

Edited by denisds

I'l try to provide soon a logcat of the error as demanded by seahorsepip

What I observed is that the error messages appear just after I restart or turn on the phone

and anytime I enable/disable the mobile network (airplane mode).

Thank you for your response, I'll try it if there is no other simple solution.

Edit PS.: It seems the play store stopped working, when I open the app

i get the error message, sometimes it closes.

I can search apps but they won't install.

Denis

Uninstall the ICS Launcher and do a factory reset... it should fix it.

ciao