Mwyann

Samsung Galaxy Spica (GT-i5700)

100 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I would like to know what would have to be done to port CM for another phone such as the Galaxy Spica, that I own for a few days now but I already miss my poor little CM :) I could help if someone could point me to the correct things to do (extract kernel from another mod, things to be changed in the root FS etc...).

If it can't be done (I really doubt that) or if it's too much of a pain, I'll understand and will try to find another good rom but for now I really would liek to see my favorite mod in y new phone :)

Thanks in advance for the replies !

munchy, dnicol80, ForTheWin and 1 other like this

I would like a port for this model too...........

ForTheWin likes this

I'm really surprised that there's no CM for galaxy spica and there's for HTC Dream (G1)!!! There's many users of galaxy spica want to upgrade there device to Foryo but samsung don't have any plans to update this one even it's become very popular!!

I really want to see this great mod on my mobile!

thank you

PS : can you replay on this because we just want to know if this's possible or not :D

jipo, hamxabajwa, Firman and 1 other like this

I think its possible, because I am running CM6 on my Samsung I7500))

I know that You can make Spica a lot better that is now. Great hardware but no software :( CM Waiting for best port for spica from You.

Thanks!

What a fantastic idea! It would be totally awesome if we (the i5700users) had a backup by Cyanogen!

There is some strong i5700 community in Poland and we would all like to say 'YES!' to your enquiry on Cyanogen on Spica. It would take time to gather all the names but I guess all of the users would agree with me, as I kind of speak for them;)

We have our friend LeshaK working on some develompent of android on i5700 ( embarassingly I don't know him that good to tell what's he been working on but he's a big fish:) )

So to sum up:

We ( as the users od i5700 and members of android.com.pl ) would like to say a big YES! in the case of Cyanogen on i5700!

Please take this into consideration and do all that can be done so that we all can be happy :D

Sincerely yours,

forum.android.com.pl Users

What a fantastic idea! It would be totally awesome if we (the i5700users) had a backup by Cyanogen!

There is some strong i5700 community in Poland and we would all like to say 'YES!' to your enquiry on Cyanogen on Spica. It would take time to gather all the names but I guess all of the users would agree with me, as I kind of speak for them;)

We have our friend LeshaK working on some develompent of android on i5700 ( embarassingly I don't know him that good to tell what's he been working on but he's a big fish:) )

So to sum up:

We ( as the users od i5700 and members of android.com.pl ) would like to say a big YES! in the case of Cyanogen on i5700!

Please take this into consideration and do all that can be done so that we all can be happy :D

Sincerely yours,

forum.android.com.pl Users

completely agree with you miskieusz :)

It would be awesome if somone could do it :)

And as I've seen, this brought a lot of users to this forum (including me) :D

CM for the spica (or some help with the alsa sound) would be great, but I doubt there are many people familiar with CM who own a spica ...

yes, i agree :D

samsung galaxy spica is a powerful handset, if you know. but unfortunately there's only one active developer community (one which owned by Leshak). so, if CM come into spica, i think it will be great :)

it will be fantastic. i say yes :D

Thanks to Leshak (Samdroid ROM and Froyo partial port), Androbyte (Froyo VM port and Turbo Kernel), and some other folks (3D drivers, multitouch), this phone reveals its impressive (and unexpected) capabilities.... and it started with à very low-level :-)

I an excited to see what experienced Cyanogen developpers can bring with its low-end phone.

Can't wait to run froyo CM on our spica! ^__^

Spica users got CM, I say Yes...

I'm really surprised that there's no CM for galaxy spica and there's for HTC Dream (G1)!!!

Um, CyanogenMod started on the HTC Dream, that's why it has it...

Thanks

^_^

楼主,我顶你个肺!

i come from china and there are many chinese using i5700 because of that the cost cheaper , the web site~www.hiapk.com have many I5700 users , you can go and see. thank you very much!