qzem

Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150)

37 posts in this topic

Thanks For Reply!

I just purchased the phone last week, so I think I'll take it back, coz I don't know nothing about recovery installed or nandroid backup

@qzem: Sorry for my late answer, I wrongly supposed that email notifications were enabled by default :)

I'll try contacting arco68, thanks for the direction ;)

I came to discover the recovery and the source code by myself by googling, but many thanks for sharing (especially the recovery was a missing bit that was driving me insane xD).

@niceguy15: If it's not too late, read on, it may save you a ride to the shop.

The download mode seems to still work. The problem is that kies only recognizes the download mode of the phone after having downloaded the firmware to flash (during the upgrade procedure), and in order to get there you have to make him recognize the phone at first.. which is stupid.

The solution is using the emergency recovery from kies, which should work, because you said that the firmware upgrade stuck at a half, so kies should have given you a recovery code to use with the emergency recovery.

Have you tried running the emergency recovery from kies? (It's one of the options in the drop-down menus from the top). If not, that should help. Emergency recovery is different from usual firmware flash in that it does not do phone detection until it has finished the firmware download (I bet the recovery code acts also as a "phone detection" feature). So your phone should be recognized correctly.

@qzem: I can't find any "arco68" here, is his name "arco"? Thanks.

Hi To All,

Thanks for replies, I,ve just received my new handset Samsung Galaxy I8150, I din't think I'll risk updating to new firmware now, LOL :D

Just want to know which good Apps + other interesting thing I can get out of this Wonder Device.

Thanks

@qzem: I can't find any "arco68" here, is his name "arco"? Thanks.

It's easier to find arco on the xda-developers forum.

There's a topic with some information about the progress of the development.

http://forum.xda-dev...=1329466&page=1

I'm open to help in any way I can.

Edited by diogouchoas

arco68 is working on CM9, but as you probably know cm policy, no asking about etas :D. You cans see his kernel commits for ICS here.

Eu gostaria de ter uma essa ROM em meu Galaxy W i1850b.

(I wish I had one this ROM on my Galaxy W i1850b).

Desde então eu agradeço!

Thanks!

I wish CM will support Samsung Galaxy W. :)

Me TOO! CM guys, embrace the Wonder please!!! xD

For all of you waiting. Good news, first public release is around the corner. There are some problems, with camera not working yet, cause the libs are not supported in ICS, and FM radio also. And some strange bug on bluetooth audio, when trying to call talk trough bluetooth headset. Arco68 is the man behinde the scene, the one who is working his ass out to bring us CM9!

spino and bisato like this

For all of you waiting. Good news, first public release is around the corner. There are some problems, with camera not working yet, cause the libs are not supported in ICS, and FM radio also. And some strange bug on bluetooth audio, when trying to call talk trough bluetooth headset. Arco68 is the man behinde the scene, the one who is working his ass out to bring us CM9!

In Arco68 we trust! :D

and there's some thing new about the galaxy w and CM9?

Edited by petty45

Any news? Interested in mod for i8150 too.

yes i found this video

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=BXVW5RA9HZU

but do not know if it is true or just a mod to look like real...

It is true, I can assure you :)! And this thread will be eventually moved under official CM ports. You can follow progress of development here. By the way the code name of Samsung Galaxy W I8150 is Ancora.

It is true, I can assure you :)! And this thread will be eventually moved under official CM ports. You can follow progress of development here. By the way the code name of Samsung Galaxy W I8150 is Ancora.

thanks guy

Hello, this is my first post. First I want to greet everybody here :-)

But I have a question. Are there any News for this Device?

Because I am looking for a new mobile phone and this one is the only which is not too big to put it in a pocket. It is nicely build and also not to expensive. A really nice small smartphone. But I am not interested to sent my data to google, so I need a device with a custom rom fully wihtout any google apps. I am new in the field of Android. Perhaps the same would work with ROOT and DroidWall to get Control over my data. If somebody has Informations, I am really interested to get to know :-)

Edit: I would spent money for that, and I think others also. Nice work needs good monetary support too.

Edited by mrtest

the link that sent me qzem is the arc of the page on GitHub but I'm not understanding all this information after the next CM9 this to be completed?

Edited by petty45

I knew that the drivers of the GPU and CPU galaxy w were released to the ICS will now preview the launch of for CM9?

Edited by petty45

Hello, there is already a public release of CM9 Alpha-1 for this device, right? If so, I am just wondering as to why is it not appearing on the devices page of this site yet/