mrpicolas

LG Ally (VS740)

32 posts in this topic

Any one know of a good community for lg ally wife wanted it so you know howthat goes anyway I know every one here is htc or moto but any devs working on getting this thing rooted would love to see if this phone comes alive once overclocked

I know this phone is bottom of the barrell as far as android phones go, but this phone could really benefit greatly if someone could port a 2.1 or 2.2 android platform over to the ally.

I wanted to suggest that phone to relatives, actually. It would be nice for me to be able to toss on Cyanogenmod for them.

hey guys just thought i would give ya a heads up i have been in touch with one of the CM team members, they are currently working on porting CM6 too the Ally. so im hoping that within the next week we will have something too work with :)

ok guys i have the source code for the LG Ally i want to build a 2.2 kernel that can be integrated into the CM6 builds. but i dont know where to start, if anyone can help me or wants to build the kernel i can give you the link for the DL. or you can contact me on my google chat which is [email protected]

hey guys just thought i would give ya a heads up i have been in touch with one of the CM team members, they are currently working on porting CM6 too the Ally. so im hoping that within the next week we will have something too work with :)

Any news so far? From what I've heard, compiling the Ally's kernel has been a problem for some people.

I'm in for any news as well... I too have family about to buy this phone and would love to be able to set up CM6 for them.

Strangely, there doesn't seem to be a section on XDA for this phone, so I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a working root or recovery method?

Well, this is interesting... apparently the Androot package works perfectly on the Ally, and this guy is claiming that Rom Manager is working as well? I'd love some real information on this if anyone has any!

Posted by: Turbine http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/110156-how-root-lg-ally-2.html#post1438812

I used androot, super simple, got the clockwork rom manager (I have to reflash every time I want to do something to the rom btw). So i now have the ultra light custom rom loaded and am getting it configured the way i want. Thanks to every one who has contributed, even an idiot like me can root and install custom roms now, haha.

Hello! I was wondering if you could get cyanogen for Ally? If you could that would be great! Ally can switch roms and stuff so if you could get Cyanogen for ally, i'd be happy! :)

Yeah it would be really nice to see it on the Ally, androot works on the Ally, ROM Manager with ClockworkMod, everything, except CM

My best friends wife was playing around with my vibrant and now wants to do similar things with her ally. (Yes i do realize how dirty that sounds lolololol) anyway after a bit of googling ive found that the ally can be rooted and there are a few roms out there for it. I was wondering if there was any remote chance she could ever expect to find cm for her device? If not ill tell her to hush and wait for her next upgrade lol.

My best friends wife was playing around with my vibrant and now wants to do similar things with her ally. (Yes i do realize how dirty that sounds lolololol) anyway after a bit of googling ive found that the ally can be rooted and there are a few roms out there for it. I was wondering if there was any remote chance she could ever expect to find cm for her device? If not ill tell her to hush and wait for her next upgrade lol.

I will say this, my wife has the ally as well and its been the trickiest thing to root and hack that i have ever messed with. Let me say this if you root and install the clockwork mod to the phone, upgrade to the V8 of the software, cause i cannot remove clockwork recovery for the life of me off that phone so i can upgrade to V8 over V6. So do yourself a favor and go to V8 before you do anything and save yourself some head ache.

Does anyone know if there is anything in the workings for the Lg Ally???? Would be nice?

What's the chance someone could make a cyanogen rom for the lg ally

Well, this is interesting... apparently the Androot package works perfectly on the Ally, and this guy is claiming that Rom Manager is working as well? I'd love some real information on this if anyone has any!

This is working 100%!!!! I just bought the Ally for my wife, and it came yesterday. I downloaded AndRoot 1.6.2, pressed the "Root Me" button, installed ROM Manager, installed ClockworkMod Recovery, then did a NAndroid Backup. Worked like a charm. I haven't installed any of the ROM's available, as I was hoping to wait for CyanogenMod to be supported. I started looking into this for the Devour, but maybe I'll switch to see if I can get the Ally working. We'll see how much "extra" time I have. :-)

There is a guy over on AndroidForums looking into compiling Froyo for the Ally, and was having some problems, so we'll see where that goes, too.

Tithefug

ok guys i have the source code for the LG Ally i want to build a 2.2 kernel that can be integrated into the CM6 builds. but i dont know where to start, if anyone can help me or wants to build the kernel i can give you the link for the DL. or you can contact me on my google chat which is [email protected]

I know it's been a while, but there is a guy in AndroidForums working on this as well (see link below). Maybe you two can share your efforts to make this happen.

Tithefug

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/168134-froyo-development.html#post1524086

This is working 100%!!!! I just bought the Ally for my wife, and it came yesterday. I downloaded AndRoot 1.6.2, pressed the "Root Me" button, installed ROM Manager, installed ClockworkMod Recovery, then did a NAndroid Backup. Worked like a charm. I haven't installed any of the ROM's available, as I was hoping to wait for CyanogenMod to be supported. I started looking into this for the Devour, but maybe I'll switch to see if I can get the Ally working. We'll see how much "extra" time I have. :-)

There is a guy over on AndroidForums looking into compiling Froyo for the Ally, and was having some problems, so we'll see where that goes, too.

Tithefug

Well, according the the forum rules here I can't mention anything that's not Cyanogenmod related. Let me just say that if you have or are inclined to acquire an LG Ally, there is a lot of interesting development going on for it which is not Cyanogenmod. When/if there is Cyanogenmod support for the LG Ally, I'm sure those of us elsewhere on that other Android forum would love to check it out. We've heard rumors that Froyo 2.2 is coming to the Ally sometime before the end of the year, but as with most phones, believe it when ya see it, yeah?

Not sure whether I am allowed to mention that I own an Ally and am currently happily running it rooted with a custom ROM and many of the bells and whistles that one would anticipate from Froyo. If given permission, I'd be glad to share additional info but again, i don't want to be banned for breaking the forum rules. Will be looking for whatever LG Ally ROM and support that may be forthcoming from Cyanogenmod in the future. Variety is the spice of life, yeah?

Well, according the the forum rules here I can't mention anything that's not Cyanogenmod related. Let me just say that if you have or are inclined to acquire an LG Ally, there is a lot of interesting development going on for it which is not Cyanogenmod. When/if there is Cyanogenmod support for the LG Ally, I'm sure those of us elsewhere on that other Android forum would love to check it out. We've heard rumors that Froyo 2.2 is coming to the Ally sometime before the end of the year, but as with most phones, believe it when ya see it, yeah?

Not sure whether I am allowed to mention that I own an Ally and am currently happily running it rooted with a custom ROM and many of the bells and whistles that one would anticipate from Froyo. If given permission, I'd be glad to share additional info but again, i don't want to be banned for breaking the forum rules. Will be looking for whatever LG Ally ROM and support that may be forthcoming from Cyanogenmod in the future. Variety is the spice of life, yeah?

You won't get banned, trust me. It's not that strict. I kinda got irritated with ciwrl once xD not even a temp ban, though he did reply haha

I have recently rooted my LG Ally and flashed a ROM onto it. So far it has been great except for one thing: It isn't CyanogenMod! I used to have an HTC Droid Eris which I flashed CM onto, and it was fantastic. So I was wondering if there was anything in the works concerning CyanogenMod for the LG Ally! Any news at all would be appreciated, be it a yes or a no.

Thanks!

froyo is out for lg ally been out actually.got some good roms out there but yet noone from cyanogen has said anything about making a rom for the ally.which is sad since the last post was on jan 24th. goes to show that us ally owners wont get to have any cyanogen mods. which is ok cause the other roms r much better this site sux!!!!

Hey all! i know that there are a LOT of people with lg allys and it really is a amazing phone when rooted. so i was thinking we should port cyanogenmod over! it would be amazing. i would do it my self but i dont have the technical skill

let me know what you need ill get it for you

Hi. I got my Ally last year, and finally, the ota for froyo came out. Im am wondering if anyone can port any version of CM to the Ally. Currently, my Ally is rooted and running Velocity 1.0. Can anyone please port this over? I really want CM on my phone. Thanks in advance. I have no skill whatsoever in porting and making roms.

Please Support the LG Ally! It's an Android too! Don't Shove off the little guy!