• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
handicapped

Stock Apps That Can Be Deleted [Post Root]

61 posts in this topic

Credits to - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=712546

I only place this here as a means to inform and possibly build upon this list with the help from the community. I have trimmed the list from the original post because the original post deals with the basic Galaxy S not the Galaxy S Vibrant and all other variants. Post others that you have deleted that are needed or helpful and I will update the list as needed.

Remember these are apps that CAN be deleted without causing any issues. You do not HAVE to delete them. Not all .apk files are accompanied by .odex files. So if you dont see one... move along.

Now that we have got root, we can delete some of the Apps that are Preinstalled. To delete any of these files you need root & Root Explorer or I've heard Titanium Backup works.

The Directory where they can be found is /system/app

First off all the Standard Apps:

AccountAndSync.apk/odex -> The app in the drawer, not the settings.

AddToHome.apk/odex

AudioPostcard.apk/odex

Avatar.apk/odex -> The app that launches Avatar in the video player.

BuddiesNow.apk/odex

Dlna.apk/odex [Allshare]

FlashPlugin.apk/odex

GoGo.apk/odex

Infoalarm.apk/odex [Daily Briefing]

KindleStub.apk/odex

Layer-samsung.apk/odex

MediaHub.apk/odex

Memo.apk/odex

Mini Diary.apk/odex

MobiTV.apk/odex

MyAccountStub_4-5-10.apk/odex

Myfiles.apk/odex

Sims3_Samsung_Embed_Launcher.apk/odex

slackerradio.apk/odex

Swype-Tips.apk/odex

Telenav.apk/odex

thinkdroid.apk/odex [ThinkFree Office]

vvm-signed.apk/odex -> T-Mobile Visual Voicemail [can be re-downloaded from the market. for some reason that version is the preferred one.]

VoiceRecorder.apk/odex

VoceDialer.apk/odex

Writeandgo.apk/odex

TouchwizWidgets:

Day.apk/odex

DualClock.apk/odex

SamsungWidget_Calenderclock.apk/odex

SamsungWidget_Feedandupdate.apk/odex

SamsungWidget_stockclock.apk/odex

SamsungWidget_Weatherclock.apk/odex

I hope I have not overstepped any bounds. I am simply trying to contribute.

Oh thank you dude!

You have found the social hub of apk too?

Why Navigation ?

Useful, but I would remove some of those from the list. Like why would you want to delete mms.apk?

Oh thank you dude!You have found the social hub of apk too?Why Navigation ?

I didnt find the Social Hub. Its on the original list. Thats why I took it off.

Useful, but I would remove some of those from the list. Like why would you want to delete mms.apk?

Name some. I did the post in the middle of the night. There are some that Im sure I did leave on that shouldnt be there.

Here is for ATT:

Here is a quick list of apps that I found over the web on xda that can be uninstalled. I have placed the apks in here so that you can actually back up the apks through adb... Titanium Backup (Least the free version) only gets the data. In case you were to ever needed to take the phone in. Here is what I have found so far I will test other things as and post here as I do.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!

Apps:

Mobie TV = MobiTV_800x480_320_20100610_1.0.0.15-118829.apk

ATT Hotspots = WISPr_v41.apk

ATT Maps = attmaps20-1094.apk

ATT Radio = ATT_Radio_2.1.07.apk

ATT Music = ATT-P11_PROD.apk

ATT Navigator = ATTNav-Samsung-Vega-1488.apk

ATT Maps = attmaps20-1094.apk

ATT Family Maps = androidlauncher2.1-61x612010_06_11t5_49.apk

Daily Briefing = InfoAlarm.apk

Mobile Video 1.0 = MobileVideo.apk

Mini Diary = MiniDiary.apk

Write and Go = WriteandGo.apk

Where = WHERE_Samsung_GT-I900_Vegas_EN_1.9.3_GM_06112010.apk

YPMobile = YPMobile-release_875.apk

IM App = IM-Signed.apk

LiveWallpapers:

Aurora = TATLiveWallpapersAurora.apk

BlueSea = TATLiveWallpapersBlueSea.apk

Dandelion = TATLiveWallpapersDandelion.apk

Luminescence = TATliveWallpapersLuminescence.apk

MagicSmoke = MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

Music Visualization = VisualizationWallpapers.apk

Backup these apps with:

adb pull {package}.apk

Here is the backup att apps in a signed zip format. This can and has been tested by me to reflash the att apps back on to the phone.

You can get into the recovery by:

adb reboot recovery

or you can turn off the phone and while holding volume up and volume down hold power.

Basically I opened the rooting zip and placed the apks in the /system/app/ then resigned... This still has root enabled so you need to perform this to remove root.

adb shell #Can be done with adb shell or using the local terminal on the phone.
su
rm -r /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm -r /system/xbin/busybox
rm -r /system/bin/su

I didnt find the Social Hub. Its on the original list. Thats why I took it off.

Name some. I did the post in the middle of the night. There are some that Im sure I did leave on that shouldnt be there.

Well, MMS.apk, lol.

I have a Captivate, but I'm assuming they meant the IM app, but mms.apk is the mms app.

Any issues at all with your captivate? I mean anything at all?

I've had the phone since it came out and I have not had any issues other than poor gps with stock settings. Made the modifications suggested on the xda forum and haven't had a problem since. First android phone, long time windows mobile user. Everything is quick, and the wife even ditched her iphone in favor of this phone.

Any issues at all with your captivate? I mean anything at all?

I absolutely hate mine at this point.

The stock rom is terrible. If it doesn't get a CM rom soon, I'm ditching it.

I absolutely hate mine at this point.

The stock rom is terrible. If it doesn't get a CM rom soon, I'm ditching it.

That is why I took mine back until there is a rom for it. lol

Thank you for this... I can't wait for a Cyanogenmod on my Galaxy S (european)! The first step is to obtain root, put on the recovery and delete some bloatware according to your list.

Thank you for this!

I deleted these files from my T-Mobile Vibrant:

Memo.apk

Swype-Tips.apk

AccountAndSync.apk <- The app in the drawer, not the settings.

GoGo.odex

WriteandGo.apk

AudioPostcard.apk

MiniDiary.odex

MobiTV.apk

MyFiles.apk

BuddiesNow.apk

FlashPlugin.apk

Layar-samsung.apk

MiniDiary.apk

Avatar.apk <- The app that launches Avatar in the video player

MediaHub.apk

Telenav.apk

slackerradio.apk

MyAccountStub_4-5-10.apk

AddToHome.apk

AccountAndSync.odex

WriteandGo.odex

Sims3_Samsung_Embed_Launcher.apk

FlashPlugin.odex

BuddiesNow.odex

AddToHome.odex

KindleStub.apk

7/27/10

TW Clock:

ClockPackage.apk

ClockPackage.odex

DualClock.apk

DualClock.odex

thinkdroid.apk <- ThinkFree Office

vvm-signed.apk <- T-Mobile Visual Voicemail

You can push the stock 2.1 clock to system/app to replace the TW clock.

*Not responsible for phone damage.

handicapped and gill_za like this

I deleted these files from my T-Mobile Vibrant:

Memo.apk

Swype-Tips.apk

AccountAndSync.apk

GoGo.odex

WriteandGo.apk

AudioPostcard.apk

MiniDiary.odex

MobiTV.apk

MyFiles.apk

BuddiesNow.apk

FlashPlugin.apk

Layar-samsung.apk

MiniDiary.apk

MediaHub.apk

Telenav.apk

slackerradio.apk

MyAccountStub_4-5-10.apk

AddToHome.apk

AccountAndSync.odex

WriteandGo.odex

Sims3_Samsung_Embed_Launcher.apk

FlashPlugin.odex

BuddiesNow.odex

AddToHome.odex

KindleStub.apk

*Not responsible for phone damage.

And do u feel any difference in terms of speed (new application launch time) ?

And do u feel any difference in terms of speed (new application launch time) ?

It's tough to tell. Coming from a G1, the Vibrant seems to launch apps comparatively instantly. Scrolling through the app list in LauncherPro is smoother though. Does anyone know which .apk corresponds to ThinkFree Office?

It's tough to tell. Coming from a G1, the Vibrant seems to launch apps comparatively instantly. Scrolling through the app list in LauncherPro is smoother though. Does anyone know which .apk corresponds to ThinkFree Office?

I wouldnt get rid of ThinkFree just yet. its actually been the second most useful thing, behind Springpad, I've used on the phone yet.

Just thought I would let everyone know that you can use Titanium Backup to uninstall the bloat. Super easy. just do a backup of all apps and system apps and then go through and delete whatever you feel necessary.

just upgraded to the Vibrant from MT3G CM6... Can't wait for CM6 for the Vibrant/Galaxy S...

Keep up the great work Devs.

You can push the stock 2.1 clock to system/app to replace the TW clock.

How?

And thank you for the list. Ive updated my original post.

How?

And thank you for the list. Ive updated my original post.

After you delete the Samsung Clock, download CM 5.0.8 for the Nexus One. You'll find DeskClock.apk in update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed/system/app. Use ADB to push it to the sdcard and then ADB Shell to move it to /system/app. After that, if it's not already in your app drawer, restart your launcher and it should show up.

&gt;adb push &lt;path to file&gt;/DeskClock.apk /sdcard
&gt;adb shell
$su
#busybox mv /sdcard/DeskClock.apk /system/app/DeskClock.apk

Source: XDA

just upgraded to the Vibrant from MT3G CM6... Can't wait for CM6 for the Vibrant/Galaxy S...

Keep up the great work Devs.

Is it a significant step up or is it too early to tell? I'm planning to make the same move as soon as there's a CM rom for it. I like the size of the Galaxy S, not too big like the Evo but sufficiently bigger to make watching films worthwhile and webpages easier to read. Also hoping it'll remove the need for swap to keep background processes alive.

Is it a significant step up or is it too early to tell? I'm planning to make the same move as soon as there's a CM rom for it. I like the size of the Galaxy S, not too big like the Evo but sufficiently bigger to make watching films worthwhile and webpages easier to read. Also hoping it'll remove the need for swap to keep background processes alive.

CM6 is very much in the works for the Vibrant, and it also looks like Samsung is getting ready to release an official Froyo update for the Galaxy S family (starting with the i9000). There has even been a leaked version of the froyo update that has been making the rounds this morning (it has some problems though from what I've heard, hence why it's not the official update).

By the way, I see no need at all for swap on this phone. It handles background processes for me like a champ.

CM6 is very much in the works for the Vibrant, and it also looks like Samsung is getting ready to release an official Froyo update for the Galaxy S family (starting with the i9000). There has even been a leaked version of the froyo update that has been making the rounds this morning (it has some problems though from what I've heard, hence why it's not the official update).

By the way, I see no need at all for swap on this phone. It handles background processes for me like a champ.

What's your battery life like?

I just got mine today and so far it has been great except I NEED THIS TOUCHWIZ CRAP GONE! I don't care how but it needs to go away now!

There isn't a comparison between the two. The Vibrant is incredibly fast, and there is no need for swap. I am still tinkering with CM6 on the MT3g, but I cannot imagine going back. I would tell anyone not to hesitate to pick up the Vibrant, even stock it blows the MT3g out of the water.

I just got mine today and so far it has been great except I NEED THIS TOUCHWIZ CRAP GONE! I don't care how but it needs to go away now!

Download ADW.Launcher or Launcher pro and set it as your default Home. Then you only have to deal with a few minor TW annoyances after that. Its a much Better way to go.

What's your battery life like?

In my experience I can Make it through a day of work with average use during the day (my average entails quite a bit of use during the day). I do turn off wifi, gps, and BT unless I need to use them. I am planning on getting a cable for work though, just to top off during the day wile im at my desk.