puddlesyj

Samsung Admire (SCH-R720)

102 posts in this topic

I have just rooted my Samsung Admire and have Gingerbread 2.3.4.

I would like to know if anyone has attempted to port Cyanogen to the Admire yet. I would love to get my hands on a working model for this phone.

Thank you.

Egypt1ancraz and slutyman1234 like this

me and you both brother.. so do so many others.. I registered just to post this topic up and hopefully more people will put in the effort to register and post their opinions because this is very important to us. Hopefully not just a cyanogenmod port to the admire but one with a built in overclock kernel like the huawei ascend's. I HOPE! SOON! that would make the phone just o.d. perfect my god... please devs help us out.

slutyman1234 likes this

I agree, Egypt. I would like one with a built in O.C Kernel. I am sure someone will come out with it. The admire is still a new root so nobody really planned on the mod just yet. I am sure that someone is working on it as we speak, I will stick here and see what happens.

slutyman1234 likes this

I too am looking forward to being able to trim the bloatware and hopefully OC the proc back up to the 1G that the hardware specs say it has.

slutyman1234 likes this

I'm with all of you guys, I recently purchased my Samsung Admire and I would really like to get Cyanogenmod 7 up and running on this phone. I'm also with you guys about the O.C. kernel. Any updates yet?

slutyman1234 likes this

As you all said, I am also waiting for a rom/kernel for my admire. This is an excellent entry phone since i removed the bloatware it runs fast and smooth.Very good for the price.

Doug

slutyman1234 likes this

Just would like to add myself to the list of the masses wishing and hoping for a mod for our beautifully rooted Samsung Admires... Even SETCPU can't run me up to 1Ghz... (waist of 2 bucks... :wacko: ) I would also love to utilize blueputdroid for typing (swiping as its called) on my PS3 and even though the app is compatible, it reads:

Since low level apis are used, there is no way by now to ensure 100% compatibility with all devices (because of different bluetooth implementations of some vendors): if the log says "invalid or inactive bluetooth device" your only option is to try a different ROM like Cyanogenmod (if available)

Another reason is because PlayOn requires Flash to be installed in which it is not compatible (although i have successfully installed the .apk with the help of this link:

http://easyideas.in/how-to-step-by-step-install-flash-10-2-player-on-android-2-3-gingerbread/

Love all the dev work being done out there and would love to see this phone used to its full potential... and one final note on the matter, a JRE for pogo games and the like! My wife would love you guys forever! :D

slutyman1234 likes this

I agree, great phone for the price, especially being open source. I'm lovin it. So I was just wondering if some could answer a quick question for me since I have just discovered the cyanogenmod while trying to figure out how to run apps from my SD card since this phone doesn't hold very many apps even without the stock bloatware. So my questions are. Does the Cyanogenmod replace Andriod or my GUI within android? What exactly does it do? Also is there any way to run apps2sd by partitioning my SD card in Linux with Ext3 or do I need Cyanogenmod.

slutyman1234 likes this

I use app2sd with the stock rom it moves most of the stuff over.

Edited by KB0SDQ

Before we get to developing a rom, is there a working ClockWorkMod for

the Samsung Admire?

I would think so

Edited by KB0SDQ

Oh. So far all the searches I've made prove there

isn't one out there yet.

And if there was one should I install it using Rom Manager?

I use app2sd with the stock rom it moves most of the stuff over.

There is a developer going to write the rom for our phone over on xda there is a fund to get him a phone to build it on, If you want to donate or just check it out click here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1299436 We need about 40 bucks to reach the goal.

Thanks

I followed the link and it said,

"invalid thread specified"

the thread was deleted by the mods today dont know why so i took the link out of my post. Will let you know thru this post when rom becomes available f you need info look up krylon360 he is the person thats is going to write it

Edited by KB0SDQ

the thread was deleted by the mods today dont know why so i took the link out of my post. Will let you know thru this post when rom becomes available f you need info look up krylon360 he is the person thats is going to write it

Thanks for the updates.

When there is a working ClockWorkMod will we be able to flash it through the Rom Manager App.

Ok folks the fund is complete he has the money and will be getting the phone as soon as he can. Will update when I can. Also you can go to the thread that I posted above to see how things are progressing.

any updates on the custom rome or recovery

there should be a htc rom just saying

I may get this phone or if I can budget it the Esteem, so I would like to see CM on both ^_^

i try to hack my admire and when i go to superuser it buzzes a lot wats rong

Edited by slutyman1234

I have been watching the thread that they said to follow the one I posted earlier. Sometimes I wonder, It seems that when ever some asks a question someone comes right back with a snyde remark. As far as the admire goes I did send Krylon a donation for the phone I have not posted in a while on xda I follow Krylon on twitter and ask him every couple days. his twitter is @krylon360 it is easier then listening to the arguing on that sgs4g thread. Hopefully Krylon will have a working rom/kernel soon, will post when I hear something.

Doug

Twitter: @kb0sdq

Edited by KB0SDQ
FrisBee101 likes this