• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Visceral Monkey

Samsung Exhibit 4G (SGH-T759)

34 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any information about porting Cyanogen over to the new T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit? I'd be curious to see how many people might be looking for this to be ported, it's a solid phone..

drewf8 likes this

I too am very interested in a CM port or any custom ROM development for the Exhibit 4G. For the price, it seems to be a great choice on T-Mobile.

The source code is provided by Samsung here: https://opensource.samsung.com/reception/reception_main.do?method=reception_search&searchValue=sgh-t759

If I knew how to break it down and develop myself I certainly would, however I'm sadly part of the end user majority and lack the knowledge.

Anybody else pick one up or interested in progression?

drewf8 likes this

I'm currently saving up for the exhibit 4G and I just downloaded the source, I'll be checking it out soon. Though I can't guarantee a quick porting, I'll be sure to post back if/when it's done.

I would love one. This is my first android phone and would love you start modding this thing

has anyone made any progress with this? I just got the phone and am very interested in getting a custom romon it.

I am also very interested in support for this phone.

phone just got rooted today

Yes! Glad to hear this. Can't wait for the port. Thanks for all the work.

One click root that worked for me in below link.You just need the exhibit 4g drivers from the samsung exhibit site http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-T759ZKBTMB and install them on your pc.In your phone , turn USB Debugging on. Connect your phone to your pc and use the zergRush root tool :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1275415&page=3

Audworld1 likes this

Confirmed it works great. Happy rooted phone

I too have a successful, and amazingly easy to achieve, zergRush root for this phone (Exhibit 4g - SGH-t759) - as outlined above by @Clay21. And I would like to add my humble request for a port to this phone... Know you all are very busy, greatly appreciate your hard work to date, and realize this phone hasn't been on your radar due to no root available for it... but we're here. Finally!

Please let us play in all the reindeer games with our friends, now, sometime.

Thank you so very much,

Quixotic1

Confirmed it works great. Happy rooted phone

@Audworld1... Were you really able to get a recovery image working/available on this phone? Or did you choose "Cyanogen", for lack of a choice of "none". As far as I know, we don't even have a "stock" image available yet, do we? I wasn't able to make a ClockwordMod backup, as there was no support for the phone... Or did I miss something else? If so, please point me in the right direction.

I realize we've been rooted for, what, a week? But, sorta expect, or hope, that things will start to happen for us now, as the news gets out that we've joined 'the club'...

Thanks so much...

Quixotic1

I haven't done anything with the root yet as I just was able to get it done last night. If I knew how to export my recovery image from my phone before I make any changes I would and post it. If anyone has the details on how to do this i would be happy to do so. I would like to get Cyanogen on my phone eventually though

Note to self...don't play with phone settings when drunk :angry: .Now the phone hangs on the exhibit screen and i can't even access recovery.I need the stock rom or recovery to reflash the phone but i can't find anything :wacko: .

Yeah..It's not even on Samsung's site. I wish we could get ahold of the stock rom. Would be willing to try more things if I knew I had a way to get back to square one in an emergency

Looking forward to it also. Rooted already. Also a total newb to roms and CM.

Samsung's site does have some "open source" stuff... a kernel and a platform. After unzipping the tar.gz files, though, I really don't see much use of these things. I'm sure someone with far greater knowledge than I could make something of these files, but sadly, I just don't know what I'm looking at. I would think that a rom could be made from these - why else would they release them as the open source for this phone? But... me=deer, eyes=headlights. (well, that didn't make sense... but you get the idea.)

I'm planning on writing an email to koush at ClockworkMod to ask how difficult it would be for our phone to be added, so that we can make a backup of the ROM. There are at least two people I know of now that have screwed their phones with this root method, unfortunately.

And, I for one, am a little skittish of trying anything drastic until I am convinced I can at least get back to day 1. (And, my friend really wanted to do some mods to my phone the other night at a Halloween party... I was sober, he wasn't. I'm glad I grabbed my phone from his hands before too much happened.)

Keep us posted if anyone learns anything new...

Thanks,

quixotic1

I have used the root method on XDA for this phone and worked like a charm. Has been stable and powered on/off etc. and held it's root status. Anyone willing to show me the right direction as to who to request a recovery through will gladly do my best to contact them. The phone is definately under rated for what it is. So thanks in advance and if anyone does hear of one being ported to our phones give me a heads up :)

If someone could point me in the right direction on how to get cyanogenmod working on the phone I would be willing to put some work into it, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I second Audworld1, willing to help in order to have CM on Exhibit.

My phone is unbricked thanks to the helpfull guys on xda...maybe someone from there could help you Audworld1.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1138524&page=19

Having a rooted phone with no recovery or roms is like having the keys to a tron bike without the bike :( .....

Carmine Looz and magoseitor like this

Samsung's site does have some "open source" stuff... a kernel and a platform. After unzipping the tar.gz files, though, I really don't see much use of these things. I'm sure someone with far greater knowledge than I could make something of these files, but sadly, I just don't know what I'm looking at. I would think that a rom could be made from these - why else would they release them as the open source for this phone? But... me=deer, eyes=headlights. (well, that didn't make sense... but you get the idea.)

I'm planning on writing an email to koush at ClockworkMod to ask how difficult it would be for our phone to be added, so that we can make a backup of the ROM. There are at least two people I know of now that have screwed their phones with this root method, unfortunately.

And, I for one, am a little skittish of trying anything drastic until I am convinced I can at least get back to day 1. (And, my friend really wanted to do some mods to my phone the other night at a Halloween party... I was sober, he wasn't. I'm glad I grabbed my phone from his hands before too much happened.)

Keep us posted if anyone learns anything new...

Thanks,

quixotic1

Hi... were you refering to the file "SGH-T759_OpenSource.zip" from https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp ?

Thanks.

hello everyone just root it today but know was wondering how to install custom rom, am i able to install my touch 4g slide rom on

Samsung exhibit 2.33 tmobile am new to this so sorry if stupid ? thanks in advance

My phone is unbricked thanks to the helpfull guys on xda...maybe someone from there could help you Audworld1.

http://forum.xda-dev...1138524&page=19

Having a rooted phone with no recovery or roms is like having the keys to a tron bike without the bike :( .....

yea i know i been trying all day to backup my rom on Samsung exhibit with rom manger hope able to do so soon

There is no custom recovery or roms for the phone yet.In order to flash roms we need a custom recovery.All Exhibit users like myself wait patiently for the Devs to build a recovery followed by roms :).

Edited by clay21

There is no custom recovery or roms for the phone yet.In order to flash roms we need a custom recovery.All Exhibit users like myself wait patiently for the Devs to build a recovery followed by roms :).

ok thanks please let me know