Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imageek

updating nightlies

4 posts in this topic

I have been running CM7 on my cappy since around mid March. I had to get used to the new way of updating when things changed and the way I read them was I could just start updating through Rom Manager. This has not worked for me. I am able to download the updates and i even get notified of them, but Rom Manager will not reboot into recovery. I have to move the update to /sdcard and shut the phone down and then power it up into recovery using the 3 button method then install the zip. This is not that big of a problem and usually takes me just a couple of minutes, but I recently bought my son a cappy and we put CM7 on his phone and I noticed that his will reboot into recovery from within Rom Manager. I can long press the power button and then choose reboot and then choose the option to reboot into recovery and this works, just not from within Rom Manager.

Is there something i need to look at and/or change to have this functionality? I just hope i do not have to revert to stock then back to CM7 to get this functionality.

And I also just want to give my many thanks to the CyanogenMod team for all their hard work and for all the griping and complaining they have to put up with. This is seriously the best phone i have had and most of that is in part to the work they have done on this ROM. Thank you!

Edited by imageek

Have you tried pressing the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" button? Once pressed, you select captivatemtd, then it will ask you if you already have recovery. If you do, select which recovery you have and ROM Manager should be linked to your recovery. If that doesn't work, I recommend doing a nandroid backup then trying to reflash recovery through ROM Manager...

Edit:I noticed your info says you have "Cyanogen" recovery. The above steps I used for clockwork mod recovery. I am not sure if they are the same or not...

Edited by Futang44

I do not know why i chose that for my profile, i fixed it though. Yes i have flashed clockworkmod rrecovery. I have tried this more than once.

I have not tried doing it from within recovery itself. I will try that and let you know how it goes.