• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
STiK

Simple Black Bar for CM 6.0.0

103 posts in this topic

Here is a simple black bar I have thrown together from various sources.

People seem to like it so I will post it here for you all to use if you like....

These files should work on any froyo hdpi rooted device running latest Metamorph from Android Market

Screenshots - Resized.. Sorry about the quality.

Black Bar GS Battery

Black Bar Blue Battery

Black Bar Green Battery

Black Bar Green Dots Battery

Downloads

Blue Battery - Download

Green Battery - Download

Green Dots Battery - Download

GS Battery - Download

Original Bar/Battery - Download

Fonts

Comfortaa Fonts - Download

Original Fonts - Download

Credits

GS Battery kanged from - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=709946

Pieces of the Notification/Dropdown from - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=709946

Green Dots Battery from - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=757489

The rest I am not sure of.. If you see your work here please let me know and I will credit asap :D

Other useless nonsense!!

This theme is not meant to compete with anyone elses themes. This is what I use and I am posting as a courtesy

for those who may want to also use it. I hope you like them :D

Edited by STiK

Thanks I have been waiting for this for a while now.

I would recommend sticking to the stock fonts.

downloading and installing now! thanks a lot! I love the black notification bar!

I patched a couple of the notification icons (only MMS, Gmail, and Email) for a little bit of added color. STiK said he wasn't a fan of the colored icons, but I liked the look from a couple of previous black bar mods that I've used and I figured I'd throw it together real quick.

This is STiK's black bar mod from this thread with the blue battery and WITHOUT modified fonts, modified to have a few colored notification icons. Here's a screenshot, note the notification icons as that's the only thing I changed:

coloricons.png

Simple and to the point!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nngodj4ttzg

Parsed /tmp/extendedcommand
calling command print
ROM Manager Version 2.0.0.6 
calling command print
Preparing to install ROM... 
calling command install_zip

-- Installing: SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
Installing update...
I:Trying update-binary.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
Prepare to brick your phone!
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 3:
install_zip SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip

I patched a couple of the notification icons (only MMS, Gmail, and Email) for a little bit of added color. STiK said he wasn't a fan of the colored icons, but I liked the look from a couple of previous black bar mods that I've used and I figured I'd throw it together real quick.

This is STiK's black bar mod from this thread with the blue battery and WITHOUT modified fonts, modified to have a few colored notification icons. Here's a screenshot, note the notification icons as that's the only thing I changed:

coloricons.png

Simple and to the point!

Hey so I have put this zip file on the root of my sd card and then extracted all to the "extracted folder" Now what? It's not letting me install it...I went to extracted/froyo-blkbar/system and then clicked on framework-res.apk and then put install...then it says replace application...I said okay and then you confirm what the application will do...install and then application not installed...what am I missing? Thanks

Hey so I have put this zip file on the root of my sd card and then extracted all to the "extracted folder" Now what? It's not letting me install it...I went to extracted/froyo-blkbar/system and then clicked on framework-res.apk and then put install...then it says replace application...I said okay and then you confirm what the application will do...install and then application not installed...what am I missing? Thanks

It's not meant to be extracted, you install it with your recovery. If you're using SPRecovery, rename it update.zip and flash it like you would any other ROM. If you're using Clockwork, then you can just flash it like it is. Hope this helps.

coloricons.png

Simple and to the point!

Would you be nice enough to do the green with no font change the same plz :) thanks

coloricons.png

Simple and to the point!

can we get one with the blue and the font change??? please! =) thanks! love this!

Do any of these black bar themes change the browser bar as well?

Parsed /tmp/extendedcommand
calling command print
ROM Manager Version 2.0.0.6 
calling command print
Preparing to install ROM... 
calling command install_zip

-- Installing: SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
Installing update...
I:Trying update-binary.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
Prepare to brick your phone!
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 3:
install_zip SDCARD:/froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip

So any idea why I can't flash these? Just upgraded to CM6-RC1 after clean wipe. I've had no issues flashing any other packages.

mcdanger likes this

coloricons.png

Simple and to the point!

The black bars are great! Thanks to both of you. But can I get that wallpaper? Barney Stinson is a god among men!

I think I might separate the fonts to its own pack to kill any confusion people may have. Also, soon as I have a chance, I will hunt down where I got the images to credit their creators :)

For some reason when I load this theme (green battery default fonts)on top of CM6 RC1 my clock is still black. I tried wipe data and cache, no luck. I was using motaboys black htc bar theme on top of BB.4 and it was working fine. Any tips?

Do any of these black bar themes change the browser bar as well?

Nope, just the notification bar.

The black bars are great! Thanks to both of you. But can I get that wallpaper? Barney Stinson is a god among men!

Haha, yes, yes he is. Here's a.. wait for it.. link: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9792/truestory.png

For some reason when I load this theme (green battery default fonts)on top of CM6 RC1 my clock is still black. I tried wipe data and cache, no luck. I was using motaboys black htc bar theme on top of BB.4 and it was working fine. Any tips?

Some other themes hard-code the color for the clock, but CM lets you switch it through the OS to whatever color you like. You've got to change the colors using CM's settings (Settings --> CyanogenMod Settings --> User Interface --> Battery and Clock --> Clock Color). Change it to #ffffff if you want it to be white. Reboot and enjoy. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply, I will give it a whirl!

PS: Barny Stinson is my hero :)

You can change notification fonts there as well

Here is a simple black bar I have thrown together from various sources.

People seem to like it so I will post it here for you all to use if you like....

These are update.zip type files for use on CyanogenMod 6.0 RC1 - Using on anything else may cause breakage.

Screenshots are resized sorry about the quality :P

Black bar with blue battery and comfortaa fonts - froyo-blkbar-RC1-1stk.zip - md5 3ebc646e860ee3293fddc421a683c115

Black bar with blue battery and no font change - froyo-blkbar-nf-RC1-1stk.zip - md5 7448fce0cf8a251f6c2cf16cc0588495

Black bar with green battery and comfortaa fonts - froyo-blkbargb-RC1-1stk.zip - md5 843135485b8fdcacf5bfcf1898a4006f

Black bar with green battery and no font change - froyo-blkbargb-nf-RC1-1stk.zip - md5 e2dcc6c436eba78ca88b08c8f2924766

bluebat.pnggrnbat.png

can we get an update for this to make the notification boxes black and not white??? the white is killing me. everything else about this is PERFECT..... except that for me. =) update please??????

oh man this is EXACTLY what I wanted.. simple.. black bars and with the notifications left alone. beauuutiful!

Awesome job on this, looks great.

I have a quick question, though. I'm using the no font change version so it doesn't really matter, but I was just wondering why DeskClock.apk is included in the custom font version but not the no font version? Does the font for the clock have to be changed within the .apk or something?