• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.

79 posts in this topic

Well personally i like the clock. you actually can have sense on any rom now, thanks to OpenSense check out htcdev.com you just add it to the rom like any propiatary blobs

Ah ok, I see. Guess this will only work on HTC devices though, right?

Like I said, personally, I'm not a big fan of Sense. It's OK. It usually doesn't get in your way. However, it doesn't really cut it either. There are quite a few flaws. For example, you can't change the provider for the weather widgets and AccuWeather doesn't seem to be very .. well .. accurate. :)

I also like the look and feel of "vanilla Android" better but as you know tastes differ. :)

Edited by no.human.being

Perma-root on S-OFF phones is underwork. Heavy thinking is going into this and a lot of hard work - be patient it's any day now. :)

If you have a virgin S-ON phone that doesn't use a SIM card then you can get S-OFF now.

"Feel free to browse my sources"

~Confucius

:)

Edited by alquez

ok so has anyone been able to crack the s-on? my mom and bro both have wildfire s and they hate them lol. luckily i have my hd2 from 2 years ago still running strong :)

Added HTC Wildfire S to CM wiki with link to xda.

Rob

Perma-root on S-OFF phones is underwork. Heavy thinking is going into this and a lot of hard work - be patient it's any day now. :)

If you have a virgin S-ON phone that doesn't use a SIM card then you can get S-OFF now.

Maybe we can do it the other way round. Get root permission by means of some exploit inside the Android system and then use these permissions to gain S-OFF. That's what I am currently trying to get done somehow, as I'm having a Wildfire S (Marvel) here and find this very challenging. I will post in this section as soon as there is some real progress going on at this point. Maybe we can get software S-OFF on the Marvel done.

Edited by no.human.being

Having official support of Cyanogen is just one step to buy Wildfire S for me. So cute phone with so crappy Sense. Please make it happen ...

Edited by RoSi™

Having official support of Cyanogen is just one step to buy Wildfire S for me. So cute phone with so crappy Sense. Please make it happen ...

If you want to support my effort, please register and post in my thread at xda-developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20238740

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the stupid question but, what is a "virgin" S-ON phone? I mean i know what S-ON is but what does virgin referrs to?

"Virgin" = "untouched", "unmodified", "stock" probably. As long as "Virgin" is not a carrier. :D

I'm currently doing "low level" programming on Android phones and I'm having one question. Which compilers do you use to build such ROMs and which tools do you use for determining the "layout" of the ROM in the phone's memory (e. g. in which Flash cells will which information reside)?

Edited by no.human.being

"Virgin" = "untouched", "unmodified", "stock" probably. As long as "Virgin" is not a carrier.

This is funny. Indeed, as it relates to WFS marvelc Virgin Mobile is a US carrier. Three marvelc carriers I've spied so far are aforementioned VM USA, US Cellular, and MetroPCS

Sent from my HTC Wilfire S A510c

I might be quite close to S-OFFing the WFS now. I did some inspection and wrote some C code down that might do the trick. Just how do you compile C code for the WFS? The compilers that come along with the Android NDK expose very weird behaviour. I'm running a Fedora 16 (x84_64) host as development machine. Could you recommend a particular toolchain?

Disassembler for ARMv6 instruction set would also come in handy.

Thank you very much.

Okay guys, I'm stumped and I'm hoping some clever soul can help me unravel this enigma.

Here's where I'm at:

- HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) [Model HTC-A510a] GSM

- S-ON

- Android 2.3.3, Kernel 2.6.35-10

Fastboot says...

- Bootloader 1.08.0099

- Platform HBOOT-7227

- CIDNUM BM__001

Here's what worked:

- I unlocked the bootloader

- I root'ed it

Here's what's failing:

- I can't flash any ROMS on it at all! (Can't flash a recovery image ROM, nor can I flash a "regular" phone ROM on there.)

I've tried various methods of applying a custom recovery UI (via "PG76IMG.zip" file on the SD card) but EVERY time I get the same error:

"Model ID incorrect!"

"Update Fail!"

If I try to SuperCID to 11111111, I get:

"(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!"

I suspect that the current CID or Bootloader is not the "right version"... but I have no idea what to upgrade/downgrade to in order that I may start applying custom ROMs!

Any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader

HTC has added the Wildfire S to the list of supported devices.

I have not tested it (yet).

It's been supported for quite some time now. I've unlocked the day the unlock was provided and it works, but only on a Windows PC. You have to upgrade the radio before performing the unlocking and the utility that flashes the radio update is only provided for Windows. It does lots of low-level stuff, so no chance of running it on Wine (it won't get through the Linux Hardware Abstraction Layer), but virtual machine with Windows running on a Linux host will probably work, provided you can map the raw USB device through.

Edited by no.human.being

@Bella Perator

i used a command to install recovery image "clockworkmod 5.0.6 or something" from boot loader "i am S-on still :("

all i can remember is i had the cid error so i unziped the recovery.img "i guess" and put it in c:\android with fastboot and ran the fastboot command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

the mobile must be in fastboot usb mode of course :)

anyway i have a noooooob question i installed a nightly build from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1395973

which is this one unofficial-CM7-marvel-nigthly-01_15_2012.zip

it woks great everything works :):):):)

what i wanna ask is i did overclock to 245-768 with a slight performance increase but

does that even count without overclocked kernel ??????

i don't understand all this mumbo jumbo about the kernel and why i am still s-on with unlocked status

i don't understand all this mumbo jumbo about the kernel and why i am still s-on with unlocked status

There is a binary flag in the Radio that is called secu_flag. It might be on ("S-ON") or off ("S-OFF"). On a "regular" phone (that consumers can buy), it is on, on "developer" variations of the phone (which will be shipped to companies doing Android development for example) it is off.

The flag basically tells HBOOT to check signatures of the recovery before flashing it and as long as you have the stock recovery, you can't flash custom ROMs. This is why you couldn't get a custom ROM on an "S-ON" device prior to the HTC bootloader unlocking thing. Additionally, it causes HBOOT to issue commands to the MMU (memory management unit) of the MSM7227 (this is the phone's processor, it's basically a replica of an ARM 1136EJS) to mark the memory pages that contain the Radio firmware read-only before booting a kernel, so you can't tamper around with the Radio on an "S-ON" device.

Now HTC provides bootloader unlocking, which disables the first security measure (checking signature of the recovery), but leaves the second one (protecting the Radio) intact. The phone is still "S-ON" to protect the Radio, but as the signature checks of HBOOT are disabled, you can flash a custom recovery (e. g. ClockWorkMod) and use this one to flash custom ROM. So it's some sort of "intermediate state". You can basically modify anything but the Radio. It's probably relatively easy to find a way around the Radio protection as you can get a custom kernel flashed with an unlocked bootloader, but "officially" the Radio is still protected on an "Unlocked S-ON" device, while it is totally unprotected on an "S-OFF" device.

Edited by no.human.being

@ no.human.being

thanks a lot for this great explnation :)

so.... what i did was a middle state i didn't really overclock

now suppose i did s-off my device "i will try the tool today" can you guide me to a good wroking kernel

update : sorry i was a fool the rom come preinstalled with its kernel

Edited by ahmed D. sherif

Interesting news:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/the-future-of-cyanogenmod-7

Thanks all involved including, but not limited to:

Alquez - for all his work on cm7

Modpunk - for his continuing work porting cm9

CyanogenMod team

Etc.

Now I need to double-down on helping the marvelc guys.. maybe they can see an official build before the phone goes by the wayside.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

ModPunk ROM

- I'll try this ROM and test it during 2-3 days. I'll send results after that.

-----

I've installed this ROM

You have to be patient during the 1st boot with the rom...

But it works

Edited by LFdu83

PLAY STORE IS NOT INSTALLED