• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.

79 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any of the developers here was planning a making a port of cyanogenmod for the new HTC wildfire. I would be really helpful because with this phone HTC has managed to deliver a very crappy install of android. The touch screen and home button are unresponsive after waking the phone from standby.I hope someone would be willing to make a port somewhere in the coming weeks or months. If other people experience the same problems then a port will be very welcome. I have no doubt that other people will experience these problems as well because I have already had to exchange the phone and the second model has exactly the same problems.

Hey

I'm thinking about changing to the new Wildfire S, seems to be cheapish but still seems fast enough... and, well I do like HTC.

Does CM7 for Wildfire also work on Wildfire S? Anyone tried?

Be good

//E

BaqarTheCoOL likes this

I was wondering if any of the developers here was planning a making a port of cyanogenmod for the new HTC wildfire. I would be really helpful because with this phone HTC has managed to deliver a very crappy install of android. The touch screen and home button are unresponsive after waking the phone from standby.I hope someone would be willing to make a port somewhere in the coming weeks or months. If other people experience the same problems then a port will be very welcome. I have no doubt that other people will experience these problems as well because I have already had to exchange the phone and the second model has exactly the same problems.

as you posted your probs regarding this new wildfire s so will it be better to buy a newer version of phone coz presently my brother is using htc wildfire and now he's wishing to buy htc wildfire S as it's an advanced version of htc wildfire (after reading a lot of reviews on internet abt wildfire s as a best phone) with much advanced features. So is it beneficial to buy it and so far he have already utilized his wildfire for more than 2 yrs and he still wish to stick to wildfire legacy with something new like wildfire s.

Hi, quick question,

I've noticed there is a Cyanogen mod for the original HTC Wildfire and i've googled and etc,

Is there a CyanogenMod7 for the HTC Wildfire S available?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Same question here, I got a HTC WILDFIRE S and wonder if I can change the Rom or if you know any other Rom that will work (I have only English and Chinese language on the original Rom and need other languages)

Thanks.

Hello every one .. hope anything looks OK ..

I need to know .. if there is any possibility to run Cyanogenmod on the new edition of WildFire the S one

WildFire S .. ??

because I love your mod and want to know If I can ??

and thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Hi,i have my first android phone htc wildfire S .I'm looking what is cyanogen mod and i want it!! :(

anyone have this phone and want cyanogen?

So Is it possible?

Edited by NetroXiC

HTC has managed to installed a lot of junk apps & fill up the little internal memory this device has, Id like to install the cyanogenmod to get rid of the HTC junk & install whatever applications I would like. Im curious if the mod supports this new wildfire phone ?

Are the HTC wildfire S the best buy related with quality/price (uk£190/us$306) ?

Or I can have the same with other model/brand more cheaper?

Btw, is Cyanogenmod compatible with this phone?

Thanks for patience and help.

Cheers,

Vit

No clue about the price as it varies based on what you are planning on doing with the phone.

As for whether CM is supported or not, last I checked, they haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, which is required to be able to install CM. (I may be behind the times and they may have already unlocked it.)

when will CyanogenMod be available for htc wildfire s

i have my htc wildfire s for a week now

my internal memory is full:((((((((((

Edited by orochimaru778

Dear All,

I just bought a new Wildfire S with android 2.3.3. I find that the storage is very limited. I find that CM7 has all the things I wanted to solve the issue but i am not sure if this model of mine is fully supported.

Thanks.

I would also like to share that the alternate name for HTC Wildfire S is HTC Marvel.

Cyanogen works on wildfire S ?

Thanks.

well i didnt try it yet. im not sure yet how to flash it with new rom... or do i have to root it??? :huh:

It seems to be for Windfire Buzz (not wildfire S Marvell)

So there is NO ROM in this world for Wildfire S ?

It seems to be for Windfire Buzz (not wildfire S Marvell)

So there is NO ROM in this world for Wildfire S ?

the problem is the the sercurity-lock (google for S-OFF) that can only be removed with a special device that cost about 40$ (the xtc clip)

or maybe htc will remove it, who knows... it seems that newer devices dont have the security-lock

can someone pls upload the rom?

the links are down

Hello,

i am new here so this might not be the right place to post but well anyway, i think there should be roms for the htc wildfire s, as there are for the stranded wildfire.

Hey! Enybody knows when will release caynogenmod for our marvel? There is no good roms for wildfire s. Please, realese it!