• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shanhalt14

Non-compatible apps

10 posts in this topic

It's a well-kown issue that some apps don't show up in the market because they are "not compatible" with the device. How does the market evaluate your device to determine compatibility? Is it a hardware issue or a software issue? Even apps that have a phone version and a tablet version (example: USA Today) seem to deny the Nook.

Also, is there a known workaround or a project underway to get greater compatibility? I've heard of some people sideloading apps but they refuse to update and it's difficult to find the files.

It's a well-kown issue that some apps don't show up in the market because they are "not compatible" with the device. How does the market evaluate your device to determine compatibility? Is it a hardware issue or a software issue? Even apps that have a phone version and a tablet version (example: USA Today) seem to deny the Nook.

Also, is there a known workaround or a project underway to get greater compatibility? I've heard of some people sideloading apps but they refuse to update and it's difficult to find the files.

I believe if you change the build.prop file you will be able to pull up more apps.

I believe if you change the build.prop file you will be able to pull up more apps.

I just opened my build.prop to have a look and the fingerprint already says passion 2.3.3 (this is with CM 7.0.2, and I assume it's spoofing the Google Nexus One). What do you suggest I change it to?

More specifically: ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion:2.3.3/GRI40/102588:user/release-keys

Edited by Shanhalt14

I'd be curious about what apps aren't showing up. I know that more apps show up now that I've installed CM7 then did when I had the basic nook just rooted.

I'm not sure but I believe the apps that show up are based on the API level of the version of Android running on your device.

I'd be curious about what apps aren't showing up. I know that more apps show up now that I've installed CM7 then did when I had the basic nook just rooted.

I'm not sure but I believe the apps that show up are based on the API level of the version of Android running on your device.

I'm running CM 7.0.2 right now, but some apps don't appear in the market regardless. In addition to both USA today apps, gas buddy doesn't seem compatible, and I've heard of a few people looking for CNN. I've tried market enabler and editing the build.prop but no dice.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

The new Google Docs app shows up on my Incredible but not my Nook, both running 7.0.2. Strange.

The new Google Docs app shows up on my Incredible but not my Nook, both running 7.0.2. Strange.

I have a solution that it seems to work. I downloaded Google Docs in my HTC Hero (running CM7), then using Titanium Backup I back up the Doc app into the SD card. Move the SD card to Nook, and restore the app (App+Data). It seems to work.

You could also just copy the API file from /data/app but this doesn't help someone without a second android device.

But I read somewhere (I think the nightlies thread if I remember correctly) that this issue should be fixed with one of the next nightlies.

But I read somewhere (I think the nightlies thread if I remember correctly) that this issue should be fixed with one of the next nightlies.

oo. don't toy with me. That would be awesome.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

oo. don't toy with me. That would be awesome.

Why should I toy with you? :)

I just spent a few minutes searching but I didn't find it any more. But I'm quite sure I read it somewhere. Could also have been over on xda or on twitter.