Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aakbari1024

Can't connect to computer

16 posts in this topic

When I plug in my Nook Color running CM7 to my computer, it just charges and doesn't go into USB mode. I don't even get a USB debugging notification, even though USB debugging is on. What can I do to fix this? Other then this one issue, I love CM7, but if I can't solve this, I may have to switch back since this is a pretty major problem for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

When I plug in my Nook Color running CM7 to my computer, it just charges and doesn't go into USB mode. I don't even get a USB debugging notification, even though USB debugging is on. What can I do to fix this? Other then this one issue, I love CM7, but if I can't solve this, I may have to switch back since this is a pretty major problem for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Look at the top in the notifications panel, you should see the USB connection. Just click to open the USB.

Look at the top in the notifications panel, you should see the USB connection. Just click to open the USB.

I know that already, but that notification isn't coming up. Nothing's there. It's not even being recognized by my computer.

I had to turn off usb debugging to get it to work.

Tapa, tapa, Tapatalk! Quoth the Raven - Nevermore

I have the same issue (since the first nightly I used ... something around 23).

Neither USB-Disk mode nor USB debugging are working.

I had to turn off usb debugging to get it to work.

Tapa, tapa, Tapatalk! Quoth the Raven - Nevermore

that's not working for me

Try turning off/on your NC and connect again. If still not working try connect to another USB port on your computer or check the USB devices under your computer 'device management' for any unknown USB device and reinstall.

That's also not working. I don't know what's wrong, and I'd really like to avoid having to wipe and flash the rom again.

Not sure if you're turn off or put the NC in standby. Turn off by holding the power button for several sec and a pop up windows asking if you want to power off. I had the same issue on my phone and by powering off/on I was able to see the USB enable when connect to a host PC.

Hmmm ... USB storage is working now, but "adb devices" still doesn't list the nook (on two different computers and the "debugging connected" symbol in the notification bar is visible on the nook ...)

@ttdtv: I turned it off, I'm not stupid lol

@Bapf0r: What did you do to get USB storage to work?

@Bapf0r: What did you do to get USB storage to work?

Honestly: Nothing special I'm aware of.

also my problem(

debugging is visible, the computer can see 2 nook disks, but can't access them

Found out what my problem was. My cable doesn't work correctly. The "n" lights up when my nook is connected to it, but it doesn't charge or connect. So I called BN and they're sending me a new one.

and my problem was over when i put an sd card, computer saw both nook storage and the card

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to happen though. I see both too.